Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not leveling any new alts until this hits either; for now I'm just working on my remaining 100s to 110 (as well as my 97 Monk) and seeing class campaigns & getting class mounts.

I'm a bit bummed though; sounds like this is still a bit away; for some reason I was thinking 7.3.5 was when the new raid opened in a couple of weeks. Ah well, still plenty of work to do.

The zone scaling is the only reason I might level a character at all until allied races become available. Even if I don't I'm actually looking forward to leveling my Nightborne and Zandalari instead of dreading certain portions of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PacMan View Post
    I'm actually putting leveling on hold until 7.3.5 drops. I'm looking forward to it.
    same im going to finally make the outlaw rogue ive been interested in playing for a while now
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I guess you also play other games at easy difficulty, too, right? Because why do it harder when you can do it easier.
    another reason scaling is a dumb ass idea if the mobs are boringly easy at say 70, you can't go to the next level or 2 up mobs, they are all going to be the same, and if you go to the next scaling area they are 10 levels ahead of you.... 80.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    If anything we need a reduced xp/hour rate. What is the fun in leveling 4-5 times per hour?

The entire discussion is infested with an overall theme that speed and getting done quicker is always the preferred design. You see it at max level too as people seem to think everything outside of raids should be treated like a bucket list you have to tick off before you can enjoy the game.

How about making leveling engaging again first, which would also require that you DON'T level up by doing 5 quests in total, and NOT two-shot mobs (so that they could present a threat, and you might actually notice the difference from upgrading gear), or run through a dungeon in 5 minutes without even saying "hi", killing bosses in 10 seconds.*

"FUN" TIP: Roll a frost mage and get Ray of Frost, and watch as you literally destroy up to 50% of the boss' health with a single button. At the Stockade/Gnomeregan level range, you do about 12-14k damage channeling the whole thing.
    Fun and engaging.

Players overall damage needs a serious nerf while leveling, and mobs need a pretty hefty damage output buff. That might actually reinvigorate that which once kept leveling interesting, the loss of guaranteed success, the need to manage your health and resources, and need to use non-damaging spells and abilities too.
    If leveling is not fun overall, what is reducing the amount of XP gained pr hour gonna help? You are just gonna stretch an experience you dislike and make it even more inviting to buy for a boost.

I believe a good way to improve the system is to mix harder and faster: Make enemies harder and more dangerous, but also make them more rewarding= more exp. Fast does not automaticly mean bad, the value of being max lvl is already gone, so instead of making it harder for people to lvl, just make it fun instead and people will keep around leveling new characters all the time.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Well, I do really like the changes and I love leveling, so I'll wait until 7.3.5 comes out (or when the Allied Races come out).

That being said, I do have the feeling that Blizzard will boost gained XP again for all old zones + this time for Legion zones as well (as they always do at the end of an xpac), and you'll have to travel less, so I have a feeling that leveling will be even faster actually and yet more enjoyable. So practically a win-win.

Seems better to me.

Most of my alts these days, I fill up on Dragonblight quests, chug an Elixir of the Rapid Mind and fly between hubs turning in quests and leveling up something fierce.

Now I'll be able to do that with the added bonus of the quests not near-instantly dropping off in experience rewards due to outleveling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Why is killing stuff in 7.3.5 slower? Surely the itemlevel / stat squish won't be live yet mid-expansion, so what gives?
    Just people making assumptions so they can bitch more.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    I think it'll be awesome actually the worst part about levelling is having to go to the zone with quests that give you exp. I for one would love to quest through the hinterlands without outlevelling it in 5 minutes

Deleted
    To be honest, i am looking forward to exp my sweet new Zandalari! finally i can do quest again and not only spam LFD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Well, I do really like the changes and I love leveling, so I'll wait until 7.3.5 comes out (or when the Allied Races come out).

That being said, I do have the feeling that Blizzard will boost gained XP again for all old zones + this time for Legion zones as well (as they always do at the end of an xpac), and you'll have to travel less, so I have a feeling that leveling will be even faster actually and yet more enjoyable. So practically a win-win.
    I have a small fear, that if they make leveling even faster from lvl 60-90, i will proberly outlvl a single expansion before i am done with it, even with the scaling strech. The thing i have looked the most forward to is to lvl through TBC zone to zone, going from Nagrand to Blade Edge and finish off in Netherstorm, but if they boost exp even more, then i will proberly hit lvl 80 before i am done with the story quests in the end-zone areas of TBC..... I hope they limit themselfs or stretch the scaling a bit more like 60-90 for the first 3 expansions.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Source or you're making it up. I've not seen a single interview where a dev said that.
    Yeah, I might be making that up. Just thought they said something about that in the what's next panel.

Damm I thought the classic server sub forum was the play ground for all the retail wow haters here. Holy shit the amount of whining people are doing about stuff that they are not even going to do.

Lets get one thing straight, after first 20 levels you dont one shot a thing even with full heirloom gear. After level 40 mobs actually start to feel like you need to actually fight with them. And after 60 it kinda feels the same as doing legion stuff. WITH HEIRLOOMS. If you want the game to be hard play without the things that make it easier for you. The whole point of heirlooms is that people who have already done the zones 4 times with other alts and have experienced the story dont have to drag themselves through that again.

I feel like alot of people see wow (which is RPG game) as something that should be based on difficulty alone. They are forgetting every single other aspect of the game and wish that the whole thing would be just HARDER all the time. I feel sorry for the people who feel forced to play wow while not wanting to play RPG game. When they talk about ppl who love playing world of warcraft in blizzcon, they definetly weren't talking about you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Yeah, but vanilla was mostly about levelling. Retail WoW is mostly about endgame.
    So we get both.....is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't see the problem, in full heirlooms you can 1shot mobs your level.
    1 shotting mobs is the problem. Especially when they are several levels higher than you. Blizzard really fucked up leveling.

Deleted
    Why? I want levelling to be harder, to be able to experience the storylines. I see that people outlevel the zones, even without heirlooms.
    The 7.3.5 changes are fantastic, there's no question about it.

Yeah, I might be making that up. Just thought they said something about that in the what's next panel.
    Might be a mixup.
    What they sad was, that non heirloom items are well optimized, while normal low level questing gear isnt right now. They are going to optimize those and then tune the health/damage from mobs accordingly.
    Which in effect means that killing mobs in all heirlooms will take about as much time in 7.3.5 as killing stuff in normal questing gear takes right now. (Which should make for a more enjoyable leveling experience.)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    1 shotting mobs is the problem. Especially when they are several levels higher than you. Blizzard really fucked up leveling.
    Then dont play with heirlooms. And I guess you haven't levelled in a while because you wont be one shotting mobs all the way to 100 even with full heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Reeee I have to play the game properly now reeee
    So people aren't allowed to have different opinions than you? There is a "proper" way to play, or is this just trolling and an appeal to authority rolled up in one?

The only game that I want to play is raiding, everything else is fluff on the way to raiding, the longer it takes to level the worse it is. I've done it 12 times already, I don't really need to do it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Just people making assumptions so they can bitch more.
    They are talking about the zone scaling, who's making assumptions now?

Keep up - http://www.wowhead.com/news=275508/u...in-patch-7-3-5

Was running an alt through Halls of Lightning and someone in the party bitched cause I didn't have any heirlooms