Poll: EXPAC PREF

Thread: MoP vs Legion

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    MoP was outstanding to me. It's only major downfall was kids that couldn't get over Pandas and a massive content drought at the end that sucked a lot of wind out of the sails. Then after that 14 months people came back and realized the guild size had to double or be dead. Was a good end days realizing your guild being one of the few 25 mans left had it easy.

MoP was painful. One horrible, forced ad made to suck in the Asians.

Deleted
    By FAR legion > mop.
    Really hated the daily quests shit in MoP, so alt unfriendly.
    Legion does it better every way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Neither mop and legion had an in game community. I cant say there was single moment in either expansion that became a favorite memory. Both were antisocial. I rate them equally bad. 3/10 each.
    I'm sure you're not at fault at this? You seem like a grumpy old man on these forums, not someone I would want to socialize with.

With all the stupid pruning and class homogenization that legion has done, why would you even compare it to anything besides crapaclysm or WoD?

Mists of Pandaria > Legion

Legion is okayish. MoP was great. Better raids, better setting (no, I'm not talking about Pandas), better lore.

Legion's biggest problems are a) the delayed content that's no real content at all, b) the RNG and c) the abysmal class design.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Firstly, both are good expansions.

Now, I greatly prefer MoP dailies over Legion's world quests. Yeah, I never got the whole dailies hate and I think the oversaturation of rewards in legion makes every reward seem meh. And boy let me tell you how much I dislike the forcefed Illidan's always right storyline...

With that said I have to say that overall Legion is the better expansion. Mythic+, content scheadule, good and varied raids and GREAT questing content even after max level are really hard to beat.

Legion's game systems blow. The enemy variety blows. The theme is lackluster. Legion is just a mediocre expansion propped up by its vast amount of content, that's the only thing it has going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post

How did Blizzard get away with keeping Stampede BM Hunters at the state they were for so long?

It even got worse with patches. Eventually Hunters got nerfed (after an eternity)
    b/c not to sound cliche but no one at blizzard played the hunter class. It took them eternity to discover the problem. Meanwhile they nerfed other skills and remove abilities that were not the true issue. aka link rushed and relentless.

relentless was a huge LOL moment. It was like they forgot the issues with BM having that ability from WOTLK and that hybrid spec in nax. BM hunters and relentless was the reason you were forced to get the last talent in your spec tree before you could put points in another tree.

MoP gonna take this poll.

the people who enjoyed an amazing expansion out number the wah wah panda's crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're both bad, but if I had to pick one, MoP.

loved patch 5.4 (except the drought)

MoP for the environment and Legion for the content.

My personnal order would be :

WotLK = Mists > Legion > Vanilla > BC >> Cata > WoD

WotLK and Mists are of very comparable caliber, with WotLK having a stronger theme overall, but Mists has a better told story (no "I'm Arthas and i'm going to taunt you a bit, you defeated my plan but i'll get you in the next zone !" which was super lame, as well as the "There must always be a Lich King" shtick which was dumb).

Legion is very strong, an extra zone or something like that would have made it pretty much on par with the others above. Special mention to Suramar which was amazing on the first playthrough.

Vanilla because Vanilla. It's the baseline other stuff is judged upon.

BC I rank below vanilla, it has a pretty shit story which mistreats big characters, but overall a great package, and defined a lot of what a WoW expansion is.

Cata has a lot of misteps, too little end game content for a while, then too little bosses, the cut raid probably hurt this extension plenty, and DS was "not enough effort for too long a duration".

Every expansion has cut content, some of it really stings, like the cut Azjol Nerub zone from WotLK, but nothing comes close to the magnitude in WoD. From the missing zone, the clear misuse of the characters it set up, blatantly obvious broken areas (Half of Gorgrond is unused, the Bladefist capital in Spires of Arak is dealt with with a single Area Quest and a one-off raid boss, what the hell.
    WoD is the kind of disaster that gets a tell-all Podcast or massive blogpost 10 years later where we learn what happened internally to cause it.

For me, it's Legion.

Legion has/had it's fair share of issues, much like every expansion, such as the artifacts making alts/off-specs wildly unpleasant, legendary system, PvP revamp (some like it, I don't), and such, however it's the first expansion since Cataclysm where I have been interested enough to actually raid again. The previous 3 I have simply been a PvPer at end-game because I couldn't remain interested enough in everything. That's worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post

I'm sure you're not at fault at this? You seem like a grumpy old man on these forums, not someone I would want to socialize with.
    Thers absolutely zero evidence in the sub numbers that either mop or legion are even good expansions. A good expansion would see subs grow. Fans defend the sub loss for a variety of reasons but honestly youd probably fire people for that level of customer loss in most businesses.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    MoP ambience and story, Legion gameplay.
    This 10char....
    #TeamSylvanas

Even though I barely played during this expansion, I liked leg more than MoP. People forget about millions of dailies they had to do to spend their valor points or just to move anywhere with the game. Some dailies required you to kill million of mobs while there was none up because millions of other players tried to compete for those dailies. It took longer than eternity to complete those dailies. Also it had horrible raids, earlier bosses of each raid except SoO were massively overtuned and harder than the rest of the bosses.

Never thought I will ever write this, but:
    Leg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my top three says, Mists of Pandaria, closely followed with Wrath of the Lich King and Legion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    They're both bad, but if I had to pick one, MoP.
    Oh hey, another person from Iowa. Howdy
    #TeamSylvanas

Legion for me. But it is very close.

MoP was my favorite expansion until Legion came along, here are my detailed thoughts:
    - Initial zone stories were better. Suaramar was FAR better than Klaxxi as the max-level zone. Saramar, for me, is the best zone this game has ever had.
    - Worldquests are better than Daylie-Questhubs. You get more variation. I loved the tillers in MOP but it was pretty much the same every day, WQ offer me more
    - The loot scheme of MOP was really, really bad, giving you nothing of any significance out of dungeons, forcing you to farm rep on EVERY TOON just to be able to spend VP
    - Professions is a mixed bag. Professions themselves were FAR better in MOP, i'm a huge fan of craftable, permanent Item enhancements. They are what make professions valuable. But while i do not like what is craftable in Legion, the one-time-quests i DID like. A lot.
    - Dungeons. MOP had hands down the worst, most boring Dungeons of ANY expansion. They are so bad....i think MOP is the only expansion where i am not looking forward to see any of the dungeons again when leveling a new toon/TW is up. The sole exception is Scholomance 2.0, which is not EXACTLY a MOP dungeon.
    - Raids. Must wait for Antorus, so far MOP is in the lead here for me, because ToT was mindbreakingly awesome. The Legion raids so far were just above average for me. I did not like SoO, so if Antorus manages to be really really good, Legon may overtake MOP still.
    - Class mechanics...MOP wins in a landslide.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2017-11-08 at 03:17 PM.