Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    Hahaha! Yeah, PvP happening on a PvP server is the cause. The cause is all the pussy carebears that don't even play on a PvP server bitching about being ganked on their loser PvE server. Go step on a lego kid.
    Yes you are right. It is not because people have no self control, taken it to far and ruin the day for far more people than they are that caused this change.
    Causation is not your thing i see. And throwing insults around doesn't make your fundamentally wrong points right.

I just wonder about your ways of thinking.... PvE players that don't even play on a PvP server bitching about being ganked on their loser PvE server caused this?.... You just showed me that not only you have no clue what PvP actually means, but also that you have no clue how the mechanics in WoW work. Except when there was a CRZ bug you CAN'T kill PvE-players on a PvE server. So this isn't the cause to this change.

Puuuh.... sometimes i have the strong feeling people who drop out of middle school shouldn't be playing online games due to a lack of reading skills that prevents them from actually get an idea of the mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Whenever i see a thread like this i realise how sick i am, that when i do play in pvp servers and i find other faction low level players, i do help them instead of ganking them. what is wrong with me?
    You sick B****** how DARE you to help other faction players? Did nobody EVER tell you that red = dead? ALWAYS?!?!?!

No, i guess it is all good with you. I just guess that somebody raised you to be a respectful person that is acting responsibly and actually caring for others, and not the be a "sociopath on the lose" just because you can. ;-) Ah i missed the old classic days on my PvP server where Open-PvP actually followed the "rule of honor" and lowie ganker actually have been an exception on my server for a very long time. They have been know and chased, i guess they had fun. ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    It is not because people have no self control, taken it to far and ruin the day for far more people than they are that caused this change.
    Hum yes, but it is also blizzard´s fault because of certain designs.
    Sometimes someone kills you just once, he is not ganking at all, but still the harm can be huge if you are on a queue that takes more than one hour, you are not close to a ressing point, and before you reach the ress point, the other players in the dungeon have already kicked you, because it really took too long to ress.
    It has happened to me some times and i do not blame neither the player who killed me, nor the players who kicked me, in that case it was a design flaw, that for whatever the reason they have never corrected.
    I leveled a lot of alts in legion and for the class hall you have to do dungeon quests.
    Queueing for a Heroic is only once per day, and queueing for a normal dungeon takes too much time, and i have failed to join both because of this PVP death affecting PVE queues that makes no sense.

If you take joy from repeatedly ganking lowbies who have no chance of fighting back, you seriously need to reconsider your own morality.

Yes you are right. It is not because people have no self control, taken it to far and ruin the day for far more people than they are that caused this change.
    Causation is not your thing i see. And throwing insults around doesn't make your fundamentally wrong points right.
    Lol. People like you are funny.

I just wonder about your ways of thinking.... PvE players that don't even play on a PvP server bitching about being ganked on their loser PvE server caused this?....
    That is part of the problem. Have you ever read the official forums? You'll see a lot of that from the PvE servers. Even when Blizzard changed things where they were no longer flagged after exiting a BG, you have people who still cry about it on a PvE server

You just showed me that not only you have no clue what PvP actually means, but also that you have no clue how the mechanics in WoW work. Except when there was a CRZ bug you CAN'T kill PvE-players on a PvE server. So this isn't the cause to this change.
    LOL. I might be the first to tell you, but people on PvE servers do the PvP towers on the broken shore. You're the clueless one here.

Puuuh.... sometimes i have the strong feeling people who drop out of middle school shouldn't be playing online games due to a lack of reading skills that prevents them
    Lol. I'm actually in the process of changing my major from psychology to astronomy and pursing astrophysics. You're trying to come across as being smart, but you're not. Middle school students have better grammar than you, yet you're going to try to insult my intelligence when you're clearly lacking in that department. LOL!

10+ Year Old Account
    I value my time so I won't be.

I'm also not a douchebag.

Deleted
    Lol. People like you are funny.
    I know.... and fun at partys too ;-)

That is part of the problem. Have you ever read the official forums? You'll see a lot of that from the PvE servers. Even when Blizzard changed things where they were no longer flagged after exiting a BG, you have people who still cry about it on a PvE server
    You are talking about bugs that have been fixed. It has NEVER been intentional that people on a PvE-Server get flagged for any PvP since it is against the very reason of a PvE server.

LOL. I might be the first to tell you, but people on PvE servers do the PvP towers on the broken shore. You're the clueless one here.
    Are you really that immature and naive to believe that Blizzard is changing something because of a hand full of people whining on the forums about ONE feture brought in to the latest expansion to change something? Oh boy, and i hoped that the times people believed the urban legend "Blizzard nerfes because of forum whiners" are over. So here we go... Blizzard has other resources to base their decisions on when it comes to changes, better ones than a forum where only 5-10% of their playerbase is present (source: Blizzard), even less are active and maybe half of that less active part of the 5-10% is complaining.

Lol. I'm actually in the process of changing my major from psychology to astronomy and pursing astrophysics. You're trying to come across as being smart, but you're not. Middle school students have better grammar than you, yet you're going to try to insult my intelligence when you're clearly lacking in that department. LOL!
    So you are there where i have been a couple of years ago. And bitching about my grammar.... You think you are smart, but don't come to think that english is not my native one? Congratulations, for a self-appointed smart guy you actually have a very small horizon. So i leave you with this mr. astrophysics student. We can talk later when you grew up my age..... and have a master degree and a doctor title like i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    With PvP servers going away and it being toggle only, ganking lowbies will no longer be possible as I highly doubt many lowbies will enable pvp. So I'm gonna use the rest of legion to enjoy this great past time while I still can.
    Man your life must sucks.......

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If classic servers are truly classic, you'll still be able to do when that releases.
    Doubtful since they're removing the server function itself. Are we going to have the same number of servers as classic as well? Doubtful. No reason that they're going to change server format just for that either.

I know.... and fun at partys too ;-)
    I bet.

You are talking about bugs that have been fixed. It has NEVER been intentional that people on a PvE-Server get flagged for any PvP since it is against the very reason of a PvE server.
    You seem to have left out the other things I stated. Of course, you wouldn't make your pointless arguments if you did include them.

feture
    nerfes
    LOL

So you are there where i have been a couple of years ago.
    Not at all.

And bitching about my grammar.... You think you are smart, but don't come to think that english is not my native one?
    Most people who learn English as a second language already have a good command of grammar in their first/primary language. Did the thought cross my mind? Sure, but I lean more toward the public school system not doing you an favors as my conclusion.

Congratulations, for a self-appointed smart guy you actually have a very small horizon.
    I never stated that I'm smart (albeit I am). I'm just a lot smarter than you (which is no incredible feat).

So i leave you with this mr. astrophysics student. We can talk later when you grew up my age..... and have a master degree and a doctor title like i do.
    I'm going to be 39 in a few days time. You don't earn a "doctor" title with a masters. That comes with a PH D. You're more full of shit than a cesspool. Thanks for the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    ...Hell, I had more fun on a couple nights where I helped a couple alliance players kill guards (and get the guards to attack other players sometimes) without doing damage to them. Fun little challenges.
    That reminds me of this time in Stranglethorn. I had been jumped by this Orc Warrior twice. He was 2 levels higher than me but I had gotten close to killing him each time. However, this time I came across him fighting a named tiger. He was below half health and the tiger was probably at 20%. So as a friendly gesture I feared the tiger. Thinking he would be able to chase it down and finish it off without taking any more damage. Instead he charged me so I DoT'ed him up. He got me down to half life and the tiger came back to ate him up. After that fight I only saw him once more in Booty Bay... we did a mutual /wave and I never saw him again.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2017-11-08 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Deleted
    I bet.

You seem to have left out the other things I stated. Of course, you wouldn't make your pointless arguments if you did include them.

LOL

Not at all.

Most people who learn English as a second language already have a good command of grammar in their first/primary language. Did the thought cross my mind? Sure, but I lean more toward the public school system not doing you an favors as my conclusion.

I never stated that I'm smart (albeit I am). I'm just a lot smarter than you (which is no incredible feat).

I'm going to be 39 in a few days time. You don't earn a "doctor" title with a masters. That comes with a PH D. You're more full of shit than a cesspool. Thanks for the entertainment.
    Entering the threat with a sociopathic, immature statement and try to tell everybody you are a smart guy in your late thirties. It actually was kind of amusing that you claimed to have studied psychology. If that was the case you would know what that statement would make you look like. And actually, studying with 39.... i always thought the real smart guys finish that way earlier. But hey, all the good luck and success to you. ;-)

But personal differences aside: there are many points you mentioned that i have skipped because they are just not true. And for a smart guy i actually deny to believe that you actually mean what you have stated. There are many reasons to make the step Blizzard takes a logically evolution of their grown system, but none of them are close to what you have stated. Toggle switch for PvP will open up more possibilities than it will close.... from a logic standpoint. But i am willing to see how it works out on the testrealm and on the live servers. And i bet it will prove all those nay sayers wrong. Well except the ones that only want to gang lowies that is. As it seems, that option will be out of this game, and rightfully so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's weird. Every other mmo-rpg I played, people avoided pvp servers exactly because of that.

Suddenly there is WoW, with a huge population that went to PvP servers thinking there wouldn't be weird people killing low-levels for a little gratification in their pale lifes.

And now, Blizzard has to erase forced-world pvp just because a huge part of the playerbase went to those servers instead of the normal ones. I mean, world pvp has been shit since ages ago and I understand their modification in 8.0, but I still think that the pvp-servers population should be more considerate of what it means to be on a pvp server.
    There's a line between what is pvp and what is griefing that is often crossed on pvp servers

You have guilds on e.g. Defias brotherhood EU that only exist to grief and gank and run when engaged in a fair fight and that is not something that's fun or should be endorsed so I can understand why pvp is going this way

Since Blizzard decided to essentially terminate PvP servers, I will be ganking the hell out of people all weekend. Hopefully I can cause enough frustration that a few people to cancel their subs. That will be my fuck you to blizzard.
    You even consider spending that time trying to become competent at PvP? You could be surprised at how fighting an equal opponent is far more fun than ganking some guy 100 levels below you.

It's funny when some people try to apply real life morality to ganking in a computer game, as if the person who ganks is somehow morally or personally deficient in some way, or that they are compensating for some serious flaw in their life. You are both the hunter and the hunted on a PvP server, that's the point of it.

5+ Year Old Account
    The fun thing about these low level gankers is that they almost invariably blow at real PvP. And hard

In my experience, at least.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2017-11-08 at 05:21 PM.

Entering the threat with a sociopathic, immature statement and try to tell everybody you are a smart guy in your late thirties. It actually was kind of amusing that you claimed to have studied psychology. If that was the case you would know what that statement would make you look like. And actually, studying with 39.... i always thought the real smart guys finish that way earlier. But hey, all the good luck and success to you. ;-)
    Anything you say is inconsequential after your statement of having a "doctor" title from a masters degree. You're simply a troll to me now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You even consider spending that time trying to become competent at PvP?
    So you assume that because I stated that I plan to gank some people that I have no experience in "competent" PvP? Any other brilliant conclusions that you would like to jump to while you're at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You could be surprised at how fighting an equal opponent is far more fun than ganking some guy 100 levels below you.
    No shit! Do tell... Tell me all about how I've never found someone at the same level or even, dare I say, a higher level!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, on a side note. On my lunch break I logged on to my druid on bleeding hollow. I killed 3 lowbies (in duskwood) and had a 110 warrior fly away from me when I attack him (he was hovering above the town). No corpse camping, just a kill and moved on. I'll see how many I can gank when I get home tonight. I got some pictures but didn't have time to upload them on to imgur. Maybe I'll set up camp at the GY. Maybe I'll make a raid group for ganking. This is going to be great!

Deleted
    Anything you say is inconsequential after your statement of having a "doctor" title from a masters degree. You're simply a troll to me now.
    I have never said that nor that it is both in the same area of expertise. Telling much aboout your lacking reading skillsand outstanding skills to assume everything that nobody said a word. "From" is a little different than "and". But i guess it is only fair that you calling me a troll, since to me you are the standart internet spoiled brat lying about being someone he isn't in real life.... although your lacking reading skills (in combination with your sociopathic tendencies) would explain you to be a long time student getting nothing done but changing subjects quiet frequently. So we leave it as this i guess. I don't see any sense in arguing with someone that "might" be smart but is lacking very basic common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's funny when some people try to apply real life morality to ganking in a computer game, as if the person who ganks is somehow morally or personally deficient in some way, or that they are compensating for some serious flaw in their life. You are both the hunter and the hunted on a PvP server, that's the point of it.
    I am just curious, why would you be different in a game (or on a forum) than you are in real life. It is more likely that someone always nice and helpful in a computer game is that in real life too, than someone that is being an abusive, destructive, rude, egomanic being nice in real life. And even than i ask: what is his true nature? Being that asshat with all negative characteristics in a game because there you can be all that without fearing real consequences while you have to hide that "dark side" of yours in real life because you have to lose to much if you would show your true self.

It is dangerous to draw conclusions from someones behavior without seeing them eye to eye. But the behavior shown in the anonymity of a virtual room without fearing real consequences might be an indicator about how someone really is and that he might be wearing a mask in real life for being normally know as "the nice guy".

Sure, on a PvP-server you are both, the hunter and the hunted. Just some seem to prefer to hunt mice with a shotgun while others take on lions with thier bare hands. ;-)

I'll be looking for people like OP to ruin their days

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it’s attackable and crosses my path imma dot it the f up but I’m not gona go looking specificity for lowbies.

I have never said that nor that it is both in the same area of expertise.
    Oh, but you did say that. Area of expertise is irrelevant in this case. You said you have a masters degree and a doctor title. If you actually had a title of "doctor" you would have a PH D and say "I have a PH D and the title of doctor". You're a fucking liar as evident by your statement above and your quote below.

We can talk later when you grew up my age..... and have a master degree and a doctor title like i do.

Telling much aboout your lacking reading skillsand outstanding skills to assume everything that nobody said a word. "From" is a little different than "and".
    See above, genius. Also, you post about lack of reading skills and your post is littered with grammatical errors. I'm sure mine is as well, but nothing like your textual disaster. The bare minimum you could do is use a spell checker. With a masters degree you should know that by now.

I am just curious, why would you be different in a game (or on a forum) than you are in real life. It is more likely that someone always nice and helpful in a computer game is that in real life too, than someone that is being an abusive, destructive, rude, egomanic being nice in real life.
    I'm a nice guy (for the most part) in real life. However, I am known for lacking verbal filters and for being confrontational especially with people who are liars (like you). I don't back down or acquiesce to people who I know are full of shit. The majority of players in this game wouldn't say shit to another players face IRL. I'm not one of them. I don't care about you or them. You are of no consequence to me.

And even than i ask: what is his true nature? Being that asshat with all negative characteristics in a game because there you can be all that without fearing real consequences while you have to hide that "dark side" of yours in real life because you have to lose to much if you would show your true self.
    Terrible attempt at armchair psychology.

It is dangerous to draw conclusions from someones behavior without seeing them eye to eye. But the behavior shown in the anonymity of a virtual room without fearing real consequences might be an indicator about how someone really is and that he might be wearing a mask in real life for being normally know as "the nice guy".

Sure, on a PvP-server you are both, the hunter and the hunted. Just some seem to prefer to hunt mice with a shotgun while others take on lions with thier bare hands. ;-)
    So you're trying to make a veiled tough guy remark?