Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    we need more threads about vanilla tbh
    This is the correct forum for it, get used to it.

Vanilla was being faithfully recreated on private servers. It should have stayed there. I don't care about classic, I will likely never play it. But the whole reason vanilla servers were popular is because of the lack of quality of life changes. It was because of how much of a mess the game was back then that it fostered the community it did. Adding in quality of life changes over the years is what lead to the death of socialization in WoW.

Just look at group finder for your biggest example. Even though we actually have a system to find individuals now, as opposed to the looking for group finder, how much do you actually talk to those people you gather? When I put a mythic+ group together, I pretty much only say anything beyond "Hi" if someone keeps fucking up.

In comparison, if I put a group together for something in vanilla, I was chatting with those guys for at least a couple hours. You were going to be spending time with them on the way to the dungeon, the dungeons were longer, and since groups were harder to put together, making friends was important. If you made friends, you could put groups together faster, so keeping a healthy friends list was a good way to play.

The hardships fostered friendships. This is true in real life as well. The easier your time accomplishing your goals, the less likely you are to network. That is why convenience is the death of community.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    This is the correct forum for it, get used to it.
    ok just gotten used to it
    hit & run posting lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of tragic how desperately some people want to hold on to nostalgia when the fact of the matter is that those same players are just old now and in a different aspect of their lives.

I played WoW the moment it came out and still have that NE Druid I made on release. Know what made vanilla fun for how flawed it was compared to current WoW? All the people I met who I played with and friendships I made when I was a teen with not having many responsibilities beyond college and a part-time job. The game was new, fresh, and exciting being introduced on the coat-tails of Warcraft 3 and I loved those times. I still retain many of those friendships that I made along the way on both Alliance and Horde for being a carebear on a pvp server in a pvp guild .

I'm never getting those times back however and I'm okay with that. I'm not going to miss out on new and current experiences just because I'm blinded by refusing to take off my rose-tinted glasses. Remember the good-times, experience new ones, and stop living in the past in lieu of missing out on the present.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I'm not going to miss out on new and current experiences just because I'm blinded by refusing to take off my rose-tinted glasses. Remember the good-times, experience new ones, and stop living in the past in lieu of missing out on the present.
    LoL just because we are playing a past iteration of the game doesnt mean we are living in the past.
    We will be playing WITH people (of the present) and make new friends (of the present).

New expansions of WoW are just an illusion of new content anyway. It's all reskins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    nobody i've seen talking about vanilla wants fixed vanilla. this is some fake news level shit.
    Asking ppl what they want from vanilla in this forum is like asking voters in a Trump camp what they think about Hilary.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    Yeah Gems came in BC lol
    I use the term "Vanilla" to in place of "old wow" the natural progression of Classic > BC > Wrath... after which the game slowly delved into the crap it is now.

I have only played "Vanilla" on a private server... I started in early BC. I am playing BC now. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess we are just going to have to lobby for both. I don't want a broken vanilla experiance where my Mage can't blink worth a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    [/B]
    Beacuse i play retail to.
    and so do i.
    but a majority of people if they have access to something free, that is near the same as something that costs money each month. they will choose the free.
    also alot of people dont trust blizzard and wont touch them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    poor people with no money have no votes

free = only reason it has users
    You think people get on their computer do research on all the free games out there and settle on free vanilla WoW private servers? People want to play the game... Also the fact that Blizzard is actually releasing these servers is because they see a market... Talk about total delusional and ignorance. These peoples votes have already been cast and they got what they wanted. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Wow, um... yeah, you're even dimmer than the last guy. Sure thing, lil' guy. I was trying to disprove you, yep. I'll do you a solid and let you get back to your "news/opinion" sharing.

- - - Updated - - -

I want unadulterated Vanilla. I don't care about bugs being fixed. They didn't keep me from playing then, and they won't keep me from playing now.

If that isn't what's delivered when they launch, I probably won't play. When someone wants a restored classic car, they don't say, "Well, now's a good time to update the stereo equipment, it'll sound much better!" That perspective defeats the whole purpose. If they do, they don't truly want a restored classic, they want a modernized version of a classic.
    What an intelligent poster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    You think people get on their computer do research on all the free games out there and settle on free vanilla WoW private servers? People want to play the game... Also the fact that Blizzard is actually releasing these servers is because they see a market... Talk about total delusional and ignorance. These peoples votes have already been cast and they got what they wanted. Lol.
    This. It blows my mind that someone thinks ppl go back to 10+ old game just because its free. Someone might try nost and other private servers because they are free, but they are not going there because legion is 15 a month.

Deleted
    i wanted to ask some questions about WoW: Classic. Is there going to be LFR and LFD ? Or is it going to be exactly like Vanilla? Also , are we gonna be able to play BC , Wotlk, cata and other past xpacs or Vanilla only?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyOwl View Post
    i wanted to ask some questions about WoW: Classic. Is there going to be LFR and LFD ? Or is it going to be exactly like Vanilla? Also , are we gonna be able to play BC , Wotlk, cata and other past xpacs or Vanilla only?
    No one knows for now. But my guess is LFR and LFD are not gona be part of it.

Deleted
    Thank God , i wish this LFD and LFR thing is out from WoW Classic .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    No one knows for now. But my guess is LFR and LFD are not gona be part of it.
    One of the few things we know for sure is that Crossrealm, LFD and LFR are not going to be in in Classic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    One of the few things we know for sure is that Crossrealm, LFD and LFR are not going to be in in Classic.
    Yea. I haven seen an official quote, but those things have no business in vanilla really.

harmful game bugs are not nostalgic...neither are terrible talent specs no one ever used.

fix these and you will have an enhanced vanilla experience whill still staying true to vanilla WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and so do i.
    but a majority of people if they have access to something free, that is near the same as something that costs money each month. they will choose the free.
    also alot of people dont trust blizzard and wont touch them anyways.
    Yes thats human nature. but then you are assuming ppl played vanilla on privete servers beacuse it was free, wich some probably did.
    But i really dont belive the majority did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Yes thats human nature. but then you are assuming ppl played vanilla on privete servers beacuse it was free, wich some probably did.
    But i really dont belive the majority did.
    And to add to that non free Vanilla does not exist. Free private servers are the only way to play it for now.