Thread: Goblin subrace?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A couple possibilities:

- Leper Gnomes (Wasn't there a faction of those that went to the Horde for help after the Alliance turned their back?)
    - Cave/Kezan Goblins (NYI, these would be a different type of goblin found either in a cave like Undermine or in the Kezan dungeon)
    - Gilgoblins (Perhaps fighting back against Azshara)
    - Vulpera (Bit more of a long shot, but definitely not out of the question overall)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Depends on their culture, but i expect them to have some of the Trolls things, like caster stuff (most likely Mage / Priest) can't say much of the rest, but yes, just like the Vulperas would make a great option for the Horde, the serpent people would work great for the Alliance, though the idea always makes me wonder....

If the Alliance does come to Zandalar and make the Snake people join them, will the Horde do the same in Kultiras? (have not seen any different race there though, as it seems that the Tortollan are also in Zandalar)
    There's those witches using death magic. I think Sylvanas could have a good use of them if you know what I mean.

Also, what about quilboars ?

It's difficult to determine what the goblins would get as a "subrace" or allied race. Hobgoblins instantly come to mind, but they use the same skeleton as a ogre. Gilgoblins could also work, but we've only ever seen hostiles ones. It's also possible for Blizzard to come up with a goblin "subrace" out of thin air and use that. Vulpera, the new race of fox people, have definitely received positive feedback from the community and have a model for both genders. They seem to be the most likely at this point, but who knows.

Leper gnomes would be likely... or at least more likely than most other options. The goblin rigging has never been updated since Cataclysm, so new races based on it seem less probable to me until they get around to that. If they get around to that.

Personally I'd hope for some sort of cyborg goblin variant, a robo-goblin.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Vulpera and Sethak (or whatever) are an interesting idea. Though, I think it might be a stretch to start thinking any new race would be an allied race. The snakefolk seem to be old god affiliated (I think), and could just be an enemy race. While the Vulpera receive the Tuskar treatment.

Although, someone, Isiolias mention of the Death Witches on Kul'Tiras brings an interesting perspective. The only thing I think we know for sure is that we'll be getting more Allied Races during the course of this expansion; so I suppose any of these are candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    There's those witches using death magic. I think Sylvanas could have a good use of them if you know what I mean.

Also, what about quilboars ?
    Well the Horde do get to conquer Kalimdor (Where most of the Quilboars live), and even though Baine's people is constantly fighting them, he shows a lot of mercy and understanding for the Quilboars (As we saw in his short story, where he could have drown most of the Quilboar population, and most likely helped stop the constant attack, but he just made the river go down the Quilboar nest without making much damage, cause he knew that they were in constant attack, cause they were lacking the resources the river was offering the Tauren).

Note: The Witches looks like an interesting option for allies for the Horde, but not as a playable one (their model does not look to be done with such... ideas for it -based on the way the armor is done in the model, not on the model)

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh and please god no Quillboars. Whatever faction they join I'm rerolling the other one.

Omg, I just googled Vulpera and ran into this thread that I completely missed: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ace-(Playable)

I'm so fucking down for that, they look awesome wtf, take my money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Oh and please god no Quillboars. Whatever faction they join I'm rerolling the other one.
    Well... i wouldn't hate them, but i wouldn't play them either, i would prefer the Gnolls (they are kind of cool and cute at the same time :P, also they are incredible stupid, a part of me think that the Horde would have a better chance using the monkeys as strategist than a Gnoll, but still, i think that makes them even more interesting)

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Leper gnomes would be likely... or at least more likely than most other options. The goblin rigging has never been updated since Cataclysm, so new races based on it seem less probable to me until they get around to that. If they get around to that.

Personally I'd hope for some sort of cyborg goblin variant, a robo-goblin.
    Yeah, they could do something like this. I think Leper Gnomes should be a Horde allied race. On the subject of cyborg goblins...it's possible and I like the idea, they could use the early concept art of hobgoblins as a foundation. Purple goblins with technologic features.

Well the Horde do get to conquer Kalimdor (Where most of the Quilboars live), and even though Baine's people is constantly fighting them, he shows a lot of mercy and understanding for the Quilboars (As we saw in his short story, where he could have drown most of the Quilboar population, and most likely helped stop the constant attack, but he just made the river go down the Quilboar nest without making much damage, cause he knew that they were in constant attack, cause they were lacking the resources the river was offering the Tauren).

Note: The Witches looks like an interesting option for allies for the Horde, but not as a playable one (their model does not look to be done with such... ideas for it -based on the way the armor is done in the model, not on the model)
    It seems they're reanimating people in the form of wooden figures. I'd see those tree-people undead as a playable race for them, with a little WoD's botani fashion. It would be a good undead counterpart, and would also open them the option to get a right back.

Sethrak and Vulpera... bets are on which faction might get either race.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems they're reanimating people in the form of wooden figures. I'd see those tree-people undead as a playable race for them, with a little WoD's botani fashion. It would be a good undead counterpart, and would also open them the option to get a right back.
    Well... but as far as we have been talking, it would be for the Horde, so the Horde would have 2 undeads variants? (Corpse undeads and spirit possesing threes undead? -I guess it would be easier for them to explain the like of both races for each other)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    Sethrak and Vulpera... bets are on which faction might get either race.
    As the Horde will be fighting the Sethrak since the reach the Zandalari isles, i won't expect them to see them in the horde, and after the Alliance reach that place... well...

You know what they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Well... but as far as we have been talking, it would be for the Horde, so the Horde would have 2 undeads variants? (Corpse undeads and spirit possesing threes undead? -I guess it would be easier for them to explain the like of both races for each other)

- - - Updated - - -

As the Horde will be fighting the Sethrak since the reach the Zandalari isles, i won't expect them to see them in the horde, and after the Alliance reach that place... well...

You know what they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    It would still have differents racials due to the magic used by the witches being different than the magic used by the scourge back in the days. Lightforged draenei and highmountain are also the same as their main race, but still they managed to have differents racials.

It would also make a good opportunity for the Kul'tiran humans to join the Alliance. After all, they're just fat humans why their racial would be different ?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well... i wouldn't hate them, but i wouldn't play them either, i would prefer the Gnolls (they are kind of cool and cute at the same time :P, also they are incredible stupid, a part of me think that the Horde would have a better chance using the monkeys as strategist than a Gnoll, but still, i think that makes them even more interesting)
    If Gnolls became an Allied race and Hogger wasn't the racial leader = instant unsub

10+ Year Old Account
    It would still have differents racials due to the magic used by the witches being different than the magic used by the scourge back in the days. Lightforged draenei and highmountain are also the same as their main race, but still they managed to have differents racials.

It would also make a good opportunity for the Kul'tiran humans to join the Alliance. After all, they're just fat humans why their racial would be different ?
    Well the difference racials is not a big deal, i don't think is that weird (i mean, they use different magic or just have a different culture, that changes a lot on what people are normally good at, for example, it would be quite easy to understand if the Kultirans happen to be better swimmers than normal humans -get extra speed while swimming- (just an example) or if they have some tracking abilities as part of their racials -they have been shown as good Monster hunters-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    If Gnolls became an Allied race and Hogger wasn't the racial leader = instant unsub
    God.

Now we know why Sylvanas wanted to attack Stormwind in the Before the Storm book....

SHE WANTS TO FREE HOGGER TO MAKE HIS PEOPLE JOIN THE HORDE!

They are called Allied races for a reason. What would you give to Pandaren?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    They are called Allied races for a reason. What would you give to Pandaren?
    Nothing? or just add the Red Panda options the female pandas have to the Male Pandas :P

Note: The Tortollan seem to share the Pandaren skeleton, so it may be an option

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    Goblin players are still a thing?
    I thought they got removed in the MOP prepatch
    didn't like half of method go over to goblin for KJ?:P

Nothing? or just add the Red Panda options the female pandas have to the Male Pandas :P

Note: The Tortollan seem to share the Pandaren skeleton, so it may be an option
    Subraces never gonna work out in WoW. That's why they went with the Allied race name.