Poll: When you do you think vanilla going to be released?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Official Vanilla Release Prediction

When do you think vanilla servers going to be released?

after BfA, sometime in 2019.

Between last BfA tier and 9.0

Early 2018

Yes, BfA will be released first without a doubt so most likely not 2018. I would guess by the end of 2019 to match the original release of Vanilla in November, shouldn't be 2020.

November 2019 most likely.

Gonna actually say no later than August 2019. Either way, I’m sure we’ll get an update and most likely a release date next Blizzcon.

Deleted
    It seems that more work has been made from the expansion team rather than the "classic" team.
    From the other hand, no matter what they say, there is no way to believe that it takes more, or even equal amount of work to reboot old existing content rather than creating an entirely new expansion.
    So regardless the current state of development, i do believe that "classic" dev team will catch up with the "new XPac" dev team and that the 2 launches will happen within 2 to 4 months from each other. I am hoping for an early Classic release TBH. For Classic to happen either during May or June, giving people something to stay active wow-wise, rather than taking a break, waiting till Septemper for the new Expansion. If such a thing is not possible, i am certain that "Classic" servers will become available by December of 2018, shortly after the new Expansion.

Summer 2018 before BfA seems like the best release time since subs will be at an all-time low waiting for release post Antorus.

During a dead time in the middle of an expansion or something like that. They will try to juggle people around, like give them something to do while retail is on stand by. I'm expecting a release of TBC and wrath at similar times in the future as well.

Early 2020, late 2019 at the earliest.

Dont really know. They could suddenly release it in the 10 month content drought between legion and BFA, because it's already done. They could also release it in 2019, when bfa is well underway. They could also release it in the content drought after Bfa in late 2019/2020. Really don't know

why no 2017 option?

/s

I think it'll be around 6-8 months after the release of the final raid tier of BfA, so likely sometime in late 2019 or early 2020. They will launch it to give retail people something to do in the down time, and the 4-6 months before 9.X will be plenty to level up and do some content.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    why no 2017 option?

/s
    Stupid question unless you have no idea we are less than 2 months away from 2018.

I think most people would agree that 2017 will never happen and there is "Other" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Stupid question unless you have no idea we are less than 2 months away from 2018.

I think most people would agree that 2017 will never happen and there is "Other" option.
    "/s" means sarcasm.

Late 2018? It really depends on how much they really want to revamp right? You can almost guarantee they're going to change questing. I remember my first run to level 60, I ran out of quests to do around mid 59 and had to kill mobs for hours until I dinged 60. The good news is that the game is technically done, and could theoretically be released tomorrow if they wanted a "pure" classic version. It's a lot of small things they're going to have to nit pick and re-design that will take months.

Deleted

Official? There is nothing official about guesses lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Between last BfA tier and 9.0
    This without a doubt... They will not release concurrently as Vanilla is going to smoke current WoW. They will wait until after peeps drop like flies from BfA and use it to boost subs again. But from there on out... it'll become their main revenue source and make them reassess the game mechanics/rewards in current WoW and perhaps bring back the winning combination from Vanilla/BC/Wrath.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, go look at the jobs on the Blizzard web site, they havn't even finished assembling the team for Classic.......and they aren't trivial positions that are missing...people will forget it's coming before it ever releases.

Perspective, even if they just want to integrate it with blizzard social features, they said that with their existing games trying to increase the friends list up from 100 it wouldn't be achievable for BFA launch. Now they are hiring, people so they can figuratively cut up the entire original game, and rewrite it to run with current systems etc. they were not joking at all about how monumental an endeavor this is.
    Last edited by PLS; 2017-11-08 at 08:53 PM.