Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ten years from now we will be looking back at this point in history and roll on the floor laughing about how the "vanilla community" didn't even know what they wanted. No thread about this subject can get into a consensus about what "Classic" should be and I'm loving every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    All veterans are asking for plain vanilla. Nothing more
    Veteran here. I'm not asking for plain vanilla, because it is utter dog shit compared to what the game is today, at least from a mechanical standpoint. The only thing classic had going for it was community. Literally EVERYTHING ELSE is better today than it was back then.

A mmo in which a large group of class specs is not viable for raids, and is not supported by tier item sets, has no right to exist in this day and age.

Well I'm a wrath baby I started playing WoW back in Nov of 2009. I never played vanilla and I hope that they don't change anything about it. I'd like to see and play how it was back then I've never really cared or asked for it back but will play it only if it's 100% pure Classic not some classic with QoL added in. I'm sure I'm not alone and there are others like me that will play only if it's 100% classic because I didn't care if they brought it back and I never had any interest in playing on private servers for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Vanilla and I still want some QoL features updated and some bugs fixed.

If not, then I don't think Blizzard should waste development time for people who want a broken experience that was NEVER intended.

You need at least some QoL changes--otherwise that means fewer or no accessbility features for colourblind and handicapped players.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

lmfao at OP. Twitch views are horrible for retail WoW... Blizzard hiding sub numbers... negative word of mouth since MoP... This game has been slowly dying for awhile now and they decide instead to sit in delusion and pretend the ship has no holes. Have fun at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's 2017 and not 2004, people know better QoL
    You do realize that if it's easier to form a group by clicking the queue button than it is by asking someone in your friends list, there's no reason to meet anyone in game, right?

That's why the community died.

Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

These threads that you refer to, are from modern-day crybabies that want to play vanilla in their own -easy- way.

Guess what. Even a single QoL feature, and it is not vanilla.

I'm with you on this. But they may end up crying louder. I wouldn't be surprised to see fixed bugs which I guess is okay, being stuck in looting position for 5 minutes was shit. But if they change stuff like the debuff limit or even worse, rebalance some classes, and it's over ,that shit is done, if I see a fucking ret pally being viable in a vanilla raid I will go down to California and riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I'm with you on this. But they may end up crying louder. I wouldn't be surprised to see fixed bugs which I guess is okay, being stuck in looting position for 5 minutes was shit. But if they change stuff like the debuff limit or even worse, rebalance some classes, and it's over ,that shit is done, if I see a fucking ret pally being viable in a vanilla raid I will go down to California and riot.
    After the idiocy I've seen today, I'm actually not sure if that's sarcasm.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    After the idiocy I've seen today, I'm actually not sure if that's sarcasm.
    I have seen people ask for class balance in classic already, yes.

Vanilla will be implemented so that all private servers that host vanilla will close.

If Blizz does not implement a 100% vanilla edition, the private servers will claim that this is not the game that we loved, and they will not close.

Again, all the requests do not come from veterans, rather from modern day (p2w) players that want to ruin our experience.

- - - Updated - - -

And Blizzard knows that too. They will create classic to bring back the veterans and please them. For all others, there is going to be an expansion called BfA - play that one instead of vanilla.
    oh the sweet naivity - the moment blizzard releases classic their army of laywers will destroy every single pirate server out there

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh the sweet naivity - the moment blizzard releases classic their army of laywers will destroy every single pirate server out there
    No problem for me, they ought to do it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Veteran here. I'm not asking for plain vanilla, because it is utter dog shit compared to what the game is today, at least from a mechanical standpoint. The only thing classic had going for it was community. Literally EVERYTHING ELSE is better today than it was back then.

A mmo in which a large group of class specs is not viable for raids, and is not supported by tier item sets, has no right to exist in this day and age.
    Then you are not asking for vanilla at all. A vanilla with enhancements, is just not vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    The amount of butthurt in this subforum is astounding.

Bring on 100% pure classic. No QoL, no fixes...classic.

I was a beta / day 1 player and this is what us true veterans want.
    And the handful of us in my guild who were beta / day 1 players want some minimal QoL changes, like updated graphics. So, believing that everyone who played in the beginning and wants the 1-60 GAMEPLAY experience still want to look at Minecraft figures and crappy effects is probably way off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Raincrow View Post
    And the handful of us in my guild who were beta / day 1 players want some minimal QoL changes, like updated graphics. So, believing that everyone who played in the beginning and wants the 1-60 GAMEPLAY experience still want to look at Minecraft figures and crappy effects is probably way off the mark.
    Well yes as a raw statement those things are fine. Its the slippery slope or snowball effect that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raincrow View Post
    Updated graphics is not a QoL change.

Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

These threads that you refer to, are from modern-day crybabies that want to play vanilla in their own -easy- way.

Except it isn't. Some 'veterans' want the QoL, others want the 'favorite child' biased version. And then of course there are the ones that refuse to allow new/other players to aquire things like AQ opening mount and title because they did it first...except that would make it 'not original vanilla'. Such. Bias. Everywhere.

No problem for me, they ought to do it in my opinion.

Then you are not asking for vanilla at all. A vanilla with enhancements, is just not vanilla
    Then a vanilla with colourblind mode isn't vanilla.
    That's insane.

I especially love the "no true Scotsman"-fallacy being thrown around.

Yeha, not a single Classic "veteran" (kek) has expressed wanting something different from the "purists".

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    The amount of butthurt in this subforum is astounding.

Bring on 100% pure classic. No QoL, no fixes...classic.

I was a beta / day 1 player and this is what us true veterans want.
    Woah I better get my kilt then. Because by your logic since I am a beta/day 1 Vanilla player I apparently now want 100% pure classic and no QoL/Graphic updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I especially love the "no true Scotsman"-fallacy being thrown around.

Yeha, not a single Classic "veteran" (kek) has expressed wanting something different from the "purists".
    *sigh* Do you need a kilt too? We are going to run out with all of the "veterans" lining up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

what you read above is what i have only wanted for years, a chance to go BACK into the original game, and do it all over again, to re-live the glory (or not, i may have my rode-colored glasses on) and if i can have Vanilla in its purest form, I, for one, will be ecstatic