Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except leveling is arguably going to be faster because you won't constantly be running between zones once you outlevel them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    I dunno about you, but i play for the max level content and the shorter the lvling process is - the better.

Then again, I don't take pleasure questing in general but people saying that you've lost your touch to the game if you dont want it to take longer is nonsense. Saying this as someone with capped amount of chars on my account and connected server filled with 110s. (made me scared when the allied races was mentioned but no mention of a character slot increase. thank god for that.)
    If the point of the game is to enjoy doing the same quests ad nauseam then there's something seriously wrong with the game and the people who play it.

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PacMan View Post
    I'm actually putting leveling on hold until 7.3.5 drops. I'm looking forward to it.
    Same here . Looking forward to it.

I'm super excited. Right before WoD, I decided i was going to power level 5 or so alts up to the level cap. I did have fun in the old world because I hadn't done most of the new Cataclysm quest lines and was able to focus on different zones with different characters, but once they got to 58 it was Hellfire->Zangar marsh-> a little Blades edge or Terrokar->Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord -> Dragon Blight -> a smattering of Grizzly Hills and Zul'Drak-> Vashj'ir or Hyjal -> Deepholm -> then off to Pandaria for a zone or two. I only made it with two because going back to hellfire or Borean Tundra or Deepholm because soooo boring. I haven't quested in Sholazar Basin, Storm Peaks, Ice crown, Netherstorm, Shadowmoon Valley, Uldum, Twilight Highlands, Townlong Steppes or the Dread Wastes since they were current content for that expansion. Hopefully I'll be able to skip some of those zones I've done a million times in favor of some of the later zones in the expansion that I missed a lot.

I'm the definition of a casual player, so I imagine this may not apply so someone on their 30th character through, but for me this change will make leveling a joy.

Actually, I'm going to wait until the expansion to level. Not just because of the sub-races, but because I actually enjoy leveling in MMO's, I don't only play them for the end game. To each their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan View Post
    I'm actually putting leveling on hold until 7.3.5 drops. I'm looking forward to it.
    Same. I have a low level human pally that's just bored to death in duskwood that fled lakewood (?) because of the quests turning green to grey. so annoying. will definitely finish levelling the pally in the new system. can't wait. only bad thing is we still have to do all of wod /wrists.

god i hope its slower. im sick of 1 shoting shit without even using BoAs. its annoying. i forgo BoAs because i want things to die slower, not so i can 1 shot things. Heirloom people can have their 1 shots, but i dont want them for people who dont use them

The scaling won't change how leveling is now, just that you won't out level quest areas and be forced to move on. Now it's level where ever the hell you want and don't feel forced to move on. The pace of leveling doesn't sound like it's going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    It'll be even faster because the rewards will scale as well.

Deleted
    While I don't like level scaling for several reasons, leveling up is actually nicer to do when it exists, at least it was in the games I've played that have it.
    It was always still easy to kill mobs once you get stronger, not as easy as if you overlevel them, but not hard either plus you can choose where you level and don't need to change zones all the time.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yeah, I might be making that up. Just thought they said something about that in the what's next panel.
    I've re-watched the relevant bit of the What's Next panel and they don't say that, so phew, panic over!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    god i hope its slower. im sick of 1 shoting shit without even using BoAs. its annoying. i forgo BoAs because i want things to die slower, not so i can 1 shot things. Heirloom people can have their 1 shots, but i dont want them for people who dont use them
    I don't think that is even potentially going to change until the stat/item squish.

It's not about how fast you change the numbers on your screen; it's about whether you enjoy your time in game.
    Only way to win this game is having fun.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I strongly suspect that mobs will take longer to kill rather than being 2-shot as they are now in leveling, because that's ridiculous. And that's great for the leveling gameplay itself, but sucks if you just want to get through it as quickly as possible.
    You can still just do dungeons and thrash through it all and that will proberly stille be the faster way. Besides, with scaling you are always gonna get the max amount of EXP from quests both in dungeons and in open world, so things will proberly go faster.

Just try to do some leveling in a zone like Azshara and keep an eye on the amount of exp different quests give as you outlvl them. It will become very clear, that the amount of EXP gained from doing an entire questline is gonna be increased when they start scaling.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Depends on if I want that character fast at max level or not. Some characters, mostly my alliance alts, are just there to see the other side. Another reason are chars like my rogue, because I really want that stealth one-shot gameplay that only works in the lower levels. Here I might want to have more opposition. Maybe. On character that I just want on high level to experience the order halls, yeah those just want the fastest possible way up to max level. No questions asked. I already did all Cata quests and I already have all classes at level 100. So it doesn't really matter to me anymore either way. If I need to legitimately level a character for their heritage armor (an boosting doesn't work) I will want it to be fast though and as easy as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno about you but I'm glad the change is making zones relevant again. I'd always try and level through them and I'd be not even halfway through before it's rendered pointless/gray quest. Even without heirlooms it felt quick.

mostly i'm just sad that the scaling won't be more expansive; if i wanna quest-level on my baby mage I'll still have to go to freaking northrend. Why couldn't all the kalimdor/EK zones scale to 80?

on the other hand it sounds like you can go straight to pandaria at 80 so that's neat

I reckon it will be more "fun" to actually be able to clear out an area properly rather than doing some quick quests than travelling half across the world map to the other side to continue.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    mostly i'm just sad that the scaling won't be more expansive; if i wanna quest-level on my baby mage I'll still have to go to freaking northrend. Why couldn't all the kalimdor/EK zones scale to 80?

on the other hand it sounds like you can go straight to pandaria at 80 so that's neat

Big pro is being able to go directly to the TBC/Northrend/Pandaria/Cata/WoD zones you like when in the right level range, instead of being put on this linear path every time for the first expansion levels.

Vanilla will still have a less linear path then currently, instead of getting to 60 in Blasted Lands/Silithus/Winterspring you can ding 60 in Duskwood/Hillsbrad/Northern Barrens for example.

No need to go to Hellfire/Fjord/Tundra and go straight to Nagrand/Netherstorm/Stormpeaks for example.

No need for Hyjal/Vashjir/Jade Forest, and go straight to Dread Wastes/Uldum/Townlong Steppes for example.

No need for Frostfire/Shadowmoon, and go straight to Nagrand/Spires for example
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-09 at 11:56 AM.

It will be more fun obviously, because there are some people who despite whole northrend continent, not 1 quest is remotely fun, and there are some people who despite throwing bombs and shit in HP. Remember, more flexibility is always better

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrothgar View Post
    It will be more fun obviously, because there are some people who despite whole northrend continent, not 1 quest is remotely fun, and there are some people who despite throwing bombs and shit in HP. Remember, more flexibility is always better
    Leveling for sure will be more diverse

And probably faster for the minmaxers that find out the most xp per hour.

Simple fact you get full xp for kills (that won't be much slower anyway), will speed things up unless they really change things 8.0 with itemlevel squish.

And getting useful quest-rewards is a big pro too for everyone, heirloom/quest/dungeon items will be a lot closer together so they can do mob tuning properly.