Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blackrock Orcs, Clockwork Gnomes & Gilgoblins

While I realize there are a lot of people wanting turd-colored orcs to be available as an allied race, I'd prefer blackrocks. Black-to-grey skin guys like what you find in Redridge seem way cooler to me. Clockwork Gnomes also seem cooler to me than the Leper Gnomes that some people are predicting. Gilgoblins make sense if we are going to be going underwater to confront Azshara. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would actually roll a gnome if they came in the clockwork variety.

I oppose clockwork an lepergnomes equally, and for the record gnomes are one of my favorite races. I'd rather have a new "asspull" gnome than two that are both visually and thematically uninteresting.

aren't clockwork gnomes just robots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Clockwork Gnomes are always cooler than Leeper Gnome, is just that is easier to see implemented Leeper Gnome (They should be way easier to make than the Clockwork), I do think the Black-skinned orcs would be cooler, but i go with Dragonmaw Orcs as they don't only have black skin, but they also have Yellow eyes and cool dragon tattoos :P

Gilgoblins is mostly cause noone have any other better idea :P (that's why they say Vulperan)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    aren't clockwork gnomes just robots?
    They are what the Earthen are to the Dwarfs, but to the Gnomes.

It's not really an either/or deal on any of these. I mean, they're adding two different kinds of elves at once, as if there weren't enough elves already anyway. In any case, mechagnomes are cool, but I could see leper gnomes' heritage armor being some kind of enviro-suit with a big old grabby-arms backpack, and frankly, that's attractive to me.

id like to see something like the concept @shoc made where they were half mech half normal or some sort of combination

leper gnomes would be cool if they gave alliance another horde race but i cant think of any unless they make a goblin one but i think worgen and goblin wont get sub races and will just get new models, or at the very least, they wont get any UNTIL their new models are done.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilgoblins were accidental experiments created by a evil scientist. They technically aren't a "race", and would never be playable.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

If we get fucking Blackrock orcs instead of Dragonmaw, I'm gonna be pissed. They're already part of the Horde as of Cataclysm, nemesis of the Wildhammer clan that's probably going to eventually be playable in the Alliance, they have those sick-ass tattoos, and I want to see them put Wrathion's wings on a fucking windmill.

For the Horde!

(The Blackrocks got invaded by and joined with the Alternate Universe Blackrocks in 6.0. Fuck no. FUCK no.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Gilgoblins were accidental experiments created by a evil scientist. They technically aren't a "race", and would never be playable.
    I'm more against them because of the fact that they show little intelligence in comparison to normal goblins. I'd rather see another cartel join, perhaps from Undermine?

Gilgoblins are a stupid race that was quickly forgotten about after only being used in one zone, so I'd prefer that bad idea stay put forever.

Why we're not immediately getting Blackrock/Dragonmaw/Mag'har color options for Orc skin is beyond me, though.

Gilgoblins aren’t likely to happen.
    I’d prefer half-gnome/half-clockwork over leper Gnomes, considering they’ve cured that now haven’t they.
    Blackrock tones can easily be incorporated into the Mag’har set, as Mag’har are just all the WoD orcs protected from the Fel taint.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Gilgoblins are a stupid race that was quickly forgotten about after only being used in one zone, so I'd prefer that bad idea stay put forever.

Why we're not immediately getting Blackrock/Dragonmaw/Mag'har color options for Orc skin is beyond me, though.
    They were in cata, and in two different legion zones...

Besides, if they make a subrace for evrry current race. Aren't they an obvious choice?
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-11-09 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    If we get fucking Blackrock orcs instead of Dragonmaw, I'm gonna be pissed. They're already part of the Horde as of Cataclysm, nemesis of the Wildhammer clan that's probably going to eventually be playable in the Alliance, they have those sick-ass tattoos, and I want to see them put Wrathion's wings on a fucking windmill.

For the Horde!

(The Blackrocks got invaded by and joined with the Alternate Universe Blackrocks in 6.0. Fuck no. FUCK no.)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more against them because of the fact that they show little intelligence in comparison to normal goblins. I'd rather see another cartel join, perhaps from Undermine?
    The Dragonmaw haven't been part of the Horde since they sided with Garrosh back in MoP. The whole "took over Orgrimmar" thing. Massacred the civilians, as I recall. I vividly remember it being lame, how we had to kick em out barely an expansion after bringing them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    They were in cata, and in two different legion zones...

Besides, if they make a subrace for evrry current race. Aren't they an obvious choice?
    I know they were in Cataclysm. They were only featured in the Vashjir zone/related dungeon, however, which is what I was referring to by "only being used in one zone". I haven't noticed them in Legion, but I haven't played for a few months now so maybe I've totally forgotten that they were in some of the zones.

If they make a subrace for Goblin, I'd prefer if it were just some other cartel that has a different 'spin' on Goblins (drawing inspiration from a different type of ethnicity or something). Gilgoblins are just fuckin' dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leper Gnomes are just diseased and often insane Gnomeregan Gnomes.
    They are basically like the between step of Forsaken and Human: Alive - Diseased - (un)dead.

Mechagnomes and Sand Gnomes are the only distinctive groups in game other than the Gnomeregan ones, they might not be fully structured civilisations, but there is no reason why lore couldn't be made to fit them into being playable.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I know they were in Cataclysm. They were only featured in the Vashjir zone/related dungeon, however, which is what I was referring to by "only being used in one zone". I haven't noticed them in Legion, but I haven't played for a few months now so maybe I've totally forgotten that they were in some of the zones.

If they make a subrace for Goblin, I'd prefer if it were just some other cartel that has a different 'spin' on Goblins (drawing inspiration from a different type of ethnicity or something). Gilgoblins are just fuckin' dumb.
    You'd rather the goblins get different skin tones instead of something moderately interesting "because they're fuckin' dumb?"

Do you even plaaay goblins?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    You'd rather the goblins get different skin tones instead of something moderately interesting "because they're fuckin' dumb?"

Do you even plaaay goblins?
    Yes. I would prefer a different flavor of goblins over a really shitty throw-away filler race that has pretty much no lore and no real story purpose. And because they look fucking dumb.

I want Allied Races that introduce race-class combos that, where applicable, the original race didn't have.

So, say Wildhammer and Mag'har introduced Druids to Dwarfs and Orcs -- I'd prefer those over, say, Iron or Blackrock if it meant they just ended up having the same but less combos as the original race.

I want Allied Races to be an excuse to stretch the standards of culture so we can be new race/class combos.

In my opinion the Blackrock orcs need to be added as an allied orc race after the Mag'har are added. At this point in the Horde's story, it seems the Blackrock clan have a decent-sized Horde population. A lot of people never mention Blackrock orcs in their threads/lists of "subraces" and/or allied races. We already have some well-known orc figures that are Blackrock orcs, including Varok Saurfang (though he's green-skinned), Eitrigg and a few others. Let's also not forget that Blackhand and Orgrim Doomhammer were Blackrock members of the Horde way back in the day.

On the subject of clockwork gnomes...I like the idea, just because gnome don't have many subraces or allied races that could be added. I feel leper gnomes would definitely end up going to the Horde, but the mechagnomes are another story. They are titan constructs first and foremost, so some lore bending would be needed for them to be implemented, but Blizzard could come up with a good idea for that. I definitely see the mechagnomes leaning more towards the Alliance.

I don't know how I feel about gilgoblins, because every one of them we've encountered has been insane and hostile. However, if Blizzard can justify their inclusion as an allied race, I'd be both surprised and content. The goblins definitely need some more lore and flavor. Also, I see gilgoblins being a Horde allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

For the Horde!

- - - Updated - - -

They'd still be goblins. This is my biggest problem with the concept of "Allied Races". Lightforged Draenei I just Draenei with yellow eyes, Dark Iron Dwarves are just dark skinned Dwarves with red eyes. There's no reason these things couldn't have just been added to the character customization menu.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK