Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Now this is an interesting thread, among many useless ones here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    - Increase deadliness of world mobs by a lot so they can kill you
    I agree with this one. It's unreal, even for a "hero" to pull the whole area and survive it. Be 2 or 3 normal mobs at once, and elites should really need a team (we already have that small icon next to an elite quest - easy to find a 5 man team).

This would encourage more team play, more interactions between players. We even have all the tools already to find players, much easier than before.

My personal suggestion is the to give meaning to ilvl AND colour (quality) on items. It could work like this (example):
    - green with the same ilvl as blue, blue is better
    - green with better ilvl than blue, green is better (it needs to be in the same tier ofc, not like gear from 2 different expansions or raid tiers)
    - green can never be better than purple (unless there is a really big ilvl difference)

and so on with blue and purple. Titanforge can also help this system, like having a blue trash drop with +20ilvl than your current purple, the blue would have higher stats than the 20 ilvl lower purple. Ilvl would be still meaningful in higher ranges, but in shorter ranges colours could come to the picture.

Nowadays colour automatically changes with ilvl.
    Last edited by mmoc9aac36c166; 2017-11-09 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    What do You think would make retail wow better maybe even as good as Classic?
    'Classic' WoW was complete and utter shit, nothing worked and nothing was balanced.

This is from a YouTube comment;

Vanilla was using 2 spells and being oom, then drinking for 45sec of trash tier water.

Vanilla was getting 1shot by quest mobs over and over.

Vanilla was the horrific dkp system whereby you could be waiting months for one epic gear piece.

Vanilla was where PvP and pve was so imbalanced, the majority of classes were useless. And there was only really one viable spec to be competitive for each.

Vanilla wow was enhance shammies in greens one shotting you in full epics.

Vanilla wow was walking for 30mins to get to your raid.

Vanilla wow was INCREDIBLY slow. It will take months and months to reach even the level 50s.

Vanilla wow is reduced to basically one spammable dmg attack per class..

Vanilla wow was incredibly frustrating, slow, and boring. Most of you will drop it within 3 weeks

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    'Classic' WoW was complete and utter shit, nothing worked and nothing was balanced.

This is from a YouTube comment;

Vanilla was using 2 spells and being oom, then drinking for 45sec of trash tier water.

Vanilla was the horrific dkp system whereby you could be waiting months for one epic gear piece.

Vanilla was where PvP and pve was so imbalanced, the majority of classes were useless. And there was only really one viable spec to be competitive for each.

Vanilla wow was INCREDIBLY slow. It will take months and months to reach even the level 50s.

Vanilla wow was incredibly frustrating, slow, and boring. Most of you will drop it within 3 weeks

You shouldn't bash vanilla, it will be optional to play it. This thread is about the (personal choice of) small "good" things of vanilla and what would you see in retail from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    You shouldn't bash vanilla, it will be optional to play it. This thread is about the (personal choice of) small "good" things of vanilla and what would you see in retail from them.
    No, it's about nostalgia retards remembering things wrong.

Deleted
    Retail has evolved so far from Classic that they are two entirely different games. It's almost like asking what Hearthstone needs to be as good as StarCraft.

Deleted
    this is retail

THIS is exactly why people are looking forward to playing Classic.
    And a few other things.

too much to the point where they might as well make new game. account wide stuff, flying mounts, multiple raid difficulties, too much loot everywhere, queuing and a ton more

Deleted
    No, it's about nostalgia retards remembering things wrong.
    Those "retards" you are referring to were toddlers when the true veterans already killed bosses in vanilla. Those infants want/imagine some kind of remastered WoW 2.0 out of vanilla. Some ppl (actual veterans and ppl w/o rose tinted glasses) would actually play the authentic vanilla game, and they are also willing to pay for it. So the game itself has nothing to do about it's flaws and primitive design. No need to bash it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would play retail over classic 100% if they removed or neutered welfare gear and catchup mechanics. Classic has a ton of problems that modern WoW solved, but modern WoW made their own problems just as bad.

Srsly it's like the game plays itself, unless you raid Mythic and actually need the gear - there is no reason to bother, the game just gives you the ap/ak/gear automatically. On top of this, every patch obsoletes the last, 3/4 raids in Legion are useless garbage ready for deletion even if you never stepped foot in them, because a random world mob drops 900+ ilvl just so everyone feels good about themselves. It's just one colossal circle of fail.

That's the big draw to Classic, the feeling of character progression and impact. Nothing feels pointless or a waste of time, it feels rewarding even the mechanically crappy dungeons.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-11-09 at 10:36 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People playing Classic again and realising that their nostalgia has made them delusional.

I play current retail. However I prefer classic by a country mile.

It has a completely different dynamic:

-the challenge
    -the grind
    -old zones
    -old quests
    -old specs
    -old talents
    -no phasing BS
    -40 man
    -attunements
    -No cross server BS
    -world PvP

.....etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs nothing, Retail is good and casual friendly.

"Retail" is a misnomer, blatantly shows that you are looking at it from a private server perspective (retail means "at full price"). Call it Standard, or Live, or whatever else you feel is suitable, just not Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    "Retail" is a misnomer, blatantly shows that you are looking at it from a private server perspective (retail means "at full price"). Call it Standard, or Live, or whatever else you feel is suitable, just not Retail.
    I heard streamers call it that way

1 raid difficulty.

CC mobs instead of aoeing huge packs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Isn't it a "full price" game to be able to play on max level and you should buy the earlier versions of it for a lower price? Battle chest or what they call it (back when I bought this account, classic + other expansions had their own price, then I had to pay extra for the latest expansion to get the full game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, nothing from classic could make live better. The things that might make it better, is the source of them being the same. You can't really compare the two else, as one has been developed and progressed, and the other is a museum tour. Could maybe say the old speccs, that is about it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Isn't it a "full price" game to be able to play on max level and you should buy the earlier versions of it for a lower price? Battle chest or what they call it (back when I bought this account, classic + other expansions had their own price, then I had to pay extra for the latest expansion to get the full game).
    I just call it "Live" because it's getting new content.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

A great community / guild that feels like family beats those crossrealm POS in current WoW by a mile.