Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    SS vs TM was a thing way before there even was honor system. It was our favorite battling ground in beta too.
    It became a thing because there was not much to do and it was a perfect place to fight, 2 close towns for both factions, flight paths and all that. Easy to get to, close by graveyards etc.

At least until it became unplayable because of all the skeletons that killed every PC.

https://i.imgur.com/772C4wp.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/au6o1Oc.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/LZcvaLI.jpg

Was fun though.
    It was a thing but it exploded when the honour system hit. I still remember the day honour came out. I was doing some quests on my shaman in the area and my game lagged horribly. Then tons of horde and alliance clashed, I joined in on the zerg.

Battlegrounds killed any mass Wpvp aside the odd clash over Dragons or in BRM, it was mostly just the odd ganker/squad. Which was quite fun sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You're thinking of alpha, battlegrounds were a cornerstone of Vanilla and were almost all the PVP took place. Personally I'm looking forward to proper length AV games again, bring on the icelord/tree
    AV and WG was added in 1.5, about 6 months after release, AB released with 1.7, wich wasn't until september of 2005.
    There was a good 6 months of playtime with no BGs and no honor system.

What I'm most looking forward to is the nostalgia blinded Vanilla-tards leaving the modern servers and secluding themselves in their little bubbles of nostalgia, along with the rest of the vermin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    - objectives not shown on map (muh rpg immersion)
    This only made people look up where to go on Thottbot (muh immersion)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    What I'm most looking forward to is the nostalgia blinded Vanilla-tards leaving the modern servers and secluding themselves in their little bubbles of nostalgia, along with the rest of the vermin.
    Fucking lol. Alright bye o/

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    - The old talent trees were about 25 talents of stacking 5 points in mandatory "+1% crit" style talents, 5-10 or so talents stuck in vaguely useless filler talents to unlock later levels and between 6 and 11 actually meaningful decisions.

You mean like artifact weapons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I found my soulmate!

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    This is one of those exsampels that are going to be very interest about how and what will they do. Wow released on November 7 2004, and BG's came out June 5 2005
    Let me ask you this Do you Vanila people want the "true" vanila experinse and wait 7 Months before BG gets released. or do you want them to be there from the start?
    It's actually pretty simple.

Are there gonna be multiple patches?
    Yes -> Progressive Vanilla
    No -> 1.12

I don't really see any other options

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to be excited about kiting world bosses to main cities without them leashing.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    I guess he meant in the "spec" like MM we had 2 spec for sure based on %hit, but to be precise it will be nice to know which patch is the server.

Just to be precise, hunter in vanilla had those 2 main spec as "mm"

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZViohthtIbbV0h

and

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#ce0M0xxZViohtht

this variation was due to n-things, like the +3 hit scope or above or below 8% hit cap.

Also there was a "test" build when above 500 agi or with t3+r12 gloves
    I don't see the point of improved resurrect for pet, you aren't going to ress it during boss. Rather have more HP.

And I would take +3% dmg / crit dmg against dragons over 9% pet crit.

0/21/30 Survival beats Marksmanship when you have 500ish agility.

It gets even stronger if you can be Survival with a MM hunter in your party giving you Trueshot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I don't see the point of improved resurrect for pet, you aren't going to ress it during boss. Rather have more HP.

And I would take +3% dmg / crit dmg against dragons over 9% pet crit.

0/21/30 Survival beats Marksmanship when you have 500ish agility.

It gets even stronger if you can be Survival with a MM hunter in your party giving you Trueshot.
    Because you can trade 6% hp pet or armor for a better improved pet Resurrection.

That is just a matter of personal choice more than a real dps gain.

The 9% pet crit vs crit dmg dragons, that depends on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Because you can trade 6% hp pet or armor for a better improved pet Resurrection.

That is just a matter of personal choice more than a real dps gain.

The 9% pet crit vs crit dmg dragons, that depends on the fight.
    6% pet hp helps you in combat, it means the pet will survive to deal more damage = more DPS

Pet resurrect has no benefit during combat.

And 3% dmg is better ( at least in BWL ) than crit since your pet has a pretty big miss chance and dies in several fights before they're over.

Deleted
    I laugh my ass off when i read that hitting a dummy to level up a weapon is RPG.

Yeah. Try ask your D&D GM if you can learn how to use a weapon just hitting a immovable log.

Oh wait. Even in D&D, THE EPITOME of RPG, you can learn how to use EXOTIC weapons with just a talent, ERGO a level up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    This is one of those exsampels that are going to be very interest about how and what will they do. Wow released on November 7 2004, and BG's came out June 5 2005
    Let me ask you this Do you Vanila people want the "true" vanila experinse and wait 7 Months before BG gets released. or do you want them to be there from the start?
    How much PvP gear would you be able to get in 7 months if BGs/Honor System is introduced at start? Can you be decked out in r12-14 gear before BWL even opens up? I don't know how many ranks you can progress every week if you put your mind(and body) to it.

1 thing im not looking forward too, is how long crafting certain items (especially blacksmithing) took. Making 1 pair of bracers could take up to 30 seconds >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual night time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Seriously?

My main is a warlock, that I leveled during vanilla and I thought it was pretty op, especially once you get voidwalker. Naturally you could not solo group content, but pretty much everything else was fast and easy.
    it was most likely a combination of me being bad at the game and pre-voidwalker

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Thanks for your input. but as I understand, you didn't actually played classic and basing your input from some private server experience because the things you are claiming are wrong. Take it from someone who started playing in 2004 and didn't give a break till a month into raiding naxx40 (because a lot of people were quitting/giving a break before BC and it became hard to find 40 people attuned to naxx + ridic requirements like extra tanks, hit capped priests, frost resistance etc..)

A couple things to point out:

- It is true that repairs were cheaper for cloth/leather but overall it was quite more expensive compared to your the gold you were making. And if you weren't dieing a lot in classic, you were just afk in your major city (also even if you were just asking in ORG, guess what an ally raid could have rolled through and killed you as well.). It was a lot less forgiving with no flying mount and you lost durability even from PVP.
    Also, many people don't even remember that you had to pay gold to swap between specs and only 1 spec per class were viable for dungeons/raids so if you were a shaman/priest/paladin/druid/warr.. sucks to be you cause you have to raid as a healer/tank and have to pay gold to swap to dps to actually farm gold for your repairs/reagents and then pay even more gold to swap back ( because every time you swapped talents it got more expensive.. classic was designed around self inflicted pain = pleasure concept :P)

- It is true that paladins/locks got their own epic mounts in classic but it was put behind an epic quest chain that included getting expensive items, farming, and getting help from bunch of other people to kill certain things. It is nothing like the current experience in game (or however it is in that private server) where you reach a level and get a free epic mount. Paladin/lock mounts were in no way or shape an "easy" mounts.

- Private server AH economy has nothing to do with the old classic economy.

Anyway, just pointing out, if they implement real classic wow with no QoL improvements, you will be in for a surprise.
    Actually i did play in vanilla, dont make such silly claims just because someone talked about private servers.

Fyi i played hunter and i got my first mount at level 50. I dont remember any details from it but the major milestones i do remember.
    I didnt even get epic mount until right before TBC when they reduced the cost significantly.

Many things have changed since classic... these days people change specs pretty much every minute... and has been for years so most people think its a big deal you cant respec. In truth you didnt really need to respec once you had your build set... for some it was agonizingly slow to get anything done in healer spec or something but it wasnt impossible.

And no its not going to be a surprise... nostalrius had no QoL either. I had to physically farm from 57-60 since quests ran out.

Heres an old as fudge image of my hunter, quality has gone to shiz in 12 years:
    Last edited by Otaka; 2017-11-11 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    Leveling with a lot of pvp since every zone will be highly populated
    Actually pvp in general, I love how simplified and yet unique every class was in that manner
    Running all the way to dungeons, for example to SM as alliance player
    Class quests, especially for warlock, for every pet and that robe on level 40-something, I just loved them
    Barrens pvp (we used to spend days there as alliance hunters with a friend just having fun, on level 50-something not even 60!)
    Seeing old zones again as I kind of forgot how most of them looked before
    I also hope they wont fix walljumping as I had a lot of fun with that too in those times

Thats what Im the most looking forward to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    It's actually pretty simple.

Are there gonna be multiple patches?
    Yes -> Progressive Vanilla
    No -> 1.12

I don't really see any other options
    1.13 -> 1.12 as a base, but rerolling on some of the changes (Alterac for example had pretty big changes in 1.8 and 1.11 and it was introduced in 1.5 - which version of that do we get?), fixing bugs and exploits and tweaking the game a bit here and there. For example, consider the possibility of buffing Molten Core mobs because players, if there is only a single patch and no progression in form of patch rollout, all the content there from the beginning, already have access to buffed up loot introduced on late Vanilla as well as T0.5 Questline and Zul'Gurub (and AQ20). So they can get stronger in this version before they even enter Molten Core compared to when the game actually launched and after T0 there was immediatly Molten Core to go to.