Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

New high end content in classic after Naxx

The big question I have is will they add new content after 40 man Naxx like a 40 man Karazhan with better loot to keep the progression going or its all going to end with Naxx for eternity.

What was cool about classic is that you had very few guilds finishing all the content before new content was being pushed out. I think after a while when guilds have Naxx on farm they may release a new 40 man raid to keep people progressing.

7+ Year Old Account
    No changes. Only pure vanilla
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    The big question I have is will they add new content after 40 man Naxx like a 40 man Karazhan with better loot to keep the progression going or its all going to end with Naxx for eternity.

What was cool about classic is that you had very few guilds finishing all the content before new content was being pushed out. I think after a while when guilds have Naxx on farm they may release a new 40 man raid to keep people progressing.
    Naxx is enough to keep an entire server busy for a very long time.

You honestly think that more than 1% will see it again?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Anything "After Naxx" wouldn't be "Vanilla"

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason they will add anything after Naxx. That is kinda the point of it being Vanilla. It will be stuck in that time period which is what people have been asking for. Adding anything to it makes it not vanilla anymore. Even if they decided to somehow add level 60 versions of some of the newer raids that completely goes against the idea of a classic server.

Deleted
    The only thing I could see them doing is utilizing the few unused zones on the map such as Gilneas and the area above Stratholme to tell a bit of story, but people asked for the authentic experience so it's unlikely they'll do anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    no. that wouldnt be vanilla
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, the amount of 'yay vanilla servers now here's the new stuff/improvements/QoL changes we want' topics is mindblowing.

Oh Blizzard, what fresh hell have you unleashed.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

They will probably do like Everquest and other MMOs have done and make the server eventually switch to TBC (and open a new vanilla one). I know Everquest used to do this and would actually let the community on the server make the decision on when to upgrade.

yes the new content after naxx is called the burning crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

Aye what people seem to not realize is, Naxx lvl 80, is not an exact carbon copy of Naxx lvl 60. 1 example being Loatheb. If I remember correctly instead of after a minute, the Debuff wearing off, you don't get to joyfully heal the group up to full.... you get to cast 1 heal, that was it. For the entire 40man group 1 heal per minute of the fight. Lets not forget it took 8 geared tanks to take on 4 Horsemen. There will be no "After Naxx" because you won't need it.

FOR THE 55TH THOUSANDTH TIME: If you want anything added/buffed/altered/changed in any way shape or form...you don't want and aren't getting classic wow. /thread

And for those thinking they will eventually upgrade it to TBC and onward. I highly doubt it. If fact, in one of the interviews done during blizzcon one of the reps from blizzard flat out said, "At this time that isn't something we are even discussing. The plan is bring back the classic 1-60 experience and leave it at that." I'd personally be willing to bet my right leg it never goes past the vanilla content. And TBH, it shouldn't.
    Last edited by brbshower; 2017-11-09 at 04:01 PM.

If it was something you had to opt in to sure, like a new server type you could transfer your character to.

I want them to add pet battle raids as new high end content. Every player wants this. This is what I feel.

A lot more will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Lol, the amount of 'yay vanilla servers now here's the new stuff/improvements/QoL changes we want' topics is mindblowing.

Oh Blizzard, what fresh hell have you unleashed.
    This poster has clearly not read the interviews nor did any research. If they told us there would be content after Naxx tomorrow not only would this poster never find out, nor be interested in learning more about it, but they would have a new thread the day after asking about flying mounts.

What makes you think that? It's 15 years later, it's hard to just assume things will happen be the same way with Classic WoW. Also Naxx was only open for 6 months before TBC launched, and that was during classic when the playbase was still growing, meaning while you had people entering Naxx for the first time, half of the WoW population was still learning how to craft Bolt of Linen cloth. Even by assuming Naxx 1.0 translates today as Mythic Kil'Jaeden, after a year or 2 of Naxx being the only end game, it's hard to say whether or not it will keep people busy or entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Aye what people seem to not realize is, Naxx lvl 80, is not an exact carbon copy of Naxx lvl 60. 1 example being Loatheb. If I remember correctly instead of after a minute, the Debuff wearing off, you don't get to joyfully heal the group up to full.... you get to cast 1 heal, that was it. For the entire 40man group 1 heal per minute of the fight. Lets not forget it took 8 geared tanks to take on 4 Horsemen. There will be no "After Naxx" because you won't need it.
    Only if they can handle the blows patchwerk dishes out /ragequit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    What makes you think that? It's 15 years later, it's hard to just assume things will happen be the same way with Classic WoW. Also Naxx was only open for 6 months before TBC launched, and that was during classic when the playbase was still growing, meaning while you had people entering Naxx for the first time, half of the WoW population was still learning how to craft Bolt of Linen cloth. Even by assuming Naxx 1.0 translates today as Mythic Kil'Jaeden, after a year or 2 of Naxx being the only end game, it's hard to say whether or not it will keep people busy or entertained.
    40+ people

Leveling
    Gearing

People were coming from EQ ect.. This was the norm, and casual at that, now days its hard to keep a 5/10/20 man populated. Those dedicated players of old have careers, families, or perhaps nothing at all. Raiding drops off in progression, geared players move on (but where to when progression ends?) Drama, loot systems, restructuring, splintering, burnout, life... There is a reason why WoW evolved, and why it had survived more than a decade.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Only if they can handle the blows patchwerk dishes out /ragequit

- - - Updated - - -

40+ people

Leveling
    Gearing

People were coming from EQ ect.. This was the norm, and casual at that, now days its hard to keep a 5/10/20 man populated. Those dedicated players of old have careers, families, or perhaps nothing at all. Raiding drops off in progression, geared players move on (but where to when progression ends?) Drama, loot systems, restructuring, splintering, burnout, life... There is a reason why WoW evolved, and why it had survived more than a decade.
    I remember attuning myself with only a Nexus Crystal and some gold, unless my memory fails me. Also no, people weren't coming from EQ, WoW brought in majority a new playbase that never played MMOs before. MMOs were very niche at the time, WoW changed that.

I can see them making BC/Wrath servers after enough people get bored with Classic, won't be for a long time, though.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."