Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As far as I'm concerned I'm playing the Fixed Vanilla right now, it's called Legion.

The amusing nostalgia trip will either die out as people lose interest in playing the same content over and over or be updated with new content that gets so ridiculously hard (trying to top 40 man on release C'thun, etc) I'll never be able to see it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    People want Vanilla, but the actual title is called "Classic".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I don't think wanting a "fixed" Vanilla is the same as not wanting Vanilla (or the idea of an authentic experience) at all. Adding things that future expansions introduced (like group finder, for example) takes away from that experience, thus is not conducive with the experience. Having bugs and exploits fixed on launch that were prevalent at the game's end seems like it's better for everyone.
    What changes are OK? JUST Bug fixes? Or QoL changes? If the latter which one?

People who want changes aren't Legion player sabotaging you - that's fucking paranoid. Let's admit thew truth - some of the "Vanilla is best" crowd never played it or did but always wanted little changes or are not remembering it accurately (there was someone who talked about Lust/Hero in Vanilla.... which is a TBC spell).

This was always going to happen and it's naive and self-delusion to pretend that all Vanilla proponents wanted exactly the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    What changes are OK? JUST Bug fixes? Or QoL changes? If the latter which one?
    I feel like to get the "authentic" experience, just fixing bugs and exploits are the way to go. I honestly don't recall any of the QoL changes (been playing since '05 but those changes are hazy as compared to the things that only pertained to me at the time) but IMHO, something to the tune of this would be perfect:

1) WoW Classic launches with 3 or 4 new servers to create a tight-knit community on each.

2) The servers are set to be progressive realms from the first launching patch, in terms of available content.

3) Content patches are issued, time-wise, in accordance with the the same amount of time passing between each other. So, hypothetically speaking, if there was 7 months between MC and BWL being released in the past then there will be 7 months between their release now.

4) Bugs and exploit fixes (as well as QoL stuff if it's bound to happen eventually by the end of Vanilla anyway; we know it's going to happen, we know their implementation is helpful, why suffer through it if it's there?) that were written at the end of Vanilla should be implemented at the launch of the servers. This leads to a smoother experience and the dev team can focus on other fixes as they arrive.

Edit: For the record, I'm in favor for things that most people want. I like the idea of them announcing Classic WoW and I also like where we are in Legion. I'll probably be playing both fields in some respect.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2017-11-09 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm going to skip this time the Revenge of the Un'goro crater. I'll rather grind mobs.
    Grinding mobs got me level 60 at the time. Also a big pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah, the bandwagon only ever gained so much traction and so many passangers thanks to WoD being what it was and people uniting in anger over that fact. Some of the people playing Classic servers in peace before then, were angered about the attention and how the hype got a certain server shut down.
    By hype do you mean stealing something that is not yours, pretending it was yours and then doing a fucking shitty job? Yeah. Fuck that hype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Well Authenticity is many things to different people. I mean there are certainly bugs in the game that can be ironed out, but no one wants them to change the core gameplay, the difficulty curve, the grind. I see nothing wrong with smoothing the old blanket out, After all it's what all the private servers strived for too and I'd say it worked more or less. You had a core vanilla experience with a few polished bits here and there that detracted from nothing.

Maybe a little less of a bullshit Horseman fight in Naxxramas, that'd be the only thing I'd be interested in seeing change. If they decide to leave it as is, I'm cool with that too, nothing ...months and months of grind and tears won't fix. Heh...heh... euuurgh...
    You are just as bad as the guys asking blizzard to make sure that when they do LFR in classic, they still make epics epic. Might as well not do it at all if horsemen are not included in naxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    People asking for "QoL and changes" are not the people who asked for legacy servers.

They are random dudes who never wanted it in the first place.
    And are probably people who will quit at level 20 no matter if the changes they ask for got implemented.
    People who say things like you do remind me of people in politics complaining about rinos and dinos, because as everyone knows if you don't toe the party line on every topic you're not really 'one of us', are you?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I feel like to get the "authentic" experience, just fixing bugs and exploits are the way to go. I honestly don't recall any of the QoL changes (been playing since '05 but those changes are hazy as compared to the things that only pertained to me at the time) but IMHO, something to the tune of this would be perfect:

1) WoW Classic launches with 3 or 4 new servers to create a tight-knit community on each.
    3 or 4 servers?

I would not be surprised to see 100 or more, EU +US.

Folks (not you) have been playing down the potential demand for official classic wow for years on this forum. In my opinion many people don't grasp the numbers involved. Runescape managed to run profitable classic servers with a fraction of the former playerbase. Former western wow playerbase is in the tens of MILLIONS. getting a few million people trying this over the first 6 months or so, with some retention rate (unknown), isn't farfetched at all.

and, of course, I expect blizzard will lease it to Netease in china too.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

All else aside:

CAN they "poke around" and "fix" things in Classic, without also having to "fix" a whole slew of things...? I mean, them changing the way a character's eyebrow angles can result in all mounts and beasts using a certain skeleton going entirely wonky on Live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    By hype do you mean stealing something that is not yours, pretending it was yours and then doing a fucking shitty job? Yeah. Fuck that hype.

- - - Updated - - -

You saying "fuck that hype" doesn't change fact though. The hype took hold and gained traction due to the Live game being in a very sad state and players being angry-as-fuck with Blizzard as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Yes but what version of Vanilla?
    Likely the latest that private servers use. In this case 1.12.1.

The last patch for TBC would also be desirable. The one with the most content, least bugs, and greatest potential for players to be "powerful".

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I think this is what Blizzard was most afraid of when people were crying for legacy servers.

To the people who want the same experience, this post isn't aimed at you. It's more aimed at the 10+ threads I've seen for the day begging for changes to classes, "QOL" changes, questing changes, XP changes etc.

I'm not here to say be "grateful" that you're getting Vanilla servers, in fact I'm happy for you guys. During this entire campaign, I've been curious as to how the "good ole days" were since I wasn't exactly old enough to enjoy Vanilla properly. I'm actually excited to try it. That being said, I know I'm not gonna stick to it and spend that much time on it. But I'll gladly try it out.

But why ask for changes now? Was it such a dream for Vanilla servers that you guys didn't expect Blizzard to do it, and now you want a "Fixed Vanilla?"
    If this experience really is changed can it even be considered Vanilla? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I feel like the fight before was "Retail vs Classic" and this is going to devolve into "Vanilla w/changes vs. Vanilla without changes"
    This argument is stupid. C'thun was literally impossible until people figured it out, then he got nerfed.

Are you saying if they nerfed him from the start it's not Vanilla?

Are you saying it's not Vanilla if the Legendary neck that wasn't supposed to drop ( but did ) doesn't drop?

No. There is a difference between fixes and changes. Blizzard changed the game in TBC, but they only fixed it up until the end of Vanilla.

Vanilla and TBC are different games, launch Vanilla and 1.12 are not.

Some things I want for Classic:

-Modern WoW's graphics settings options (new anti-aliasing, lighting, optimized for modern machines, etc.). Not new models or animations.
    -Premade finder but not LFD/LFR.
    -Modern Battle.net integration including the new social features and BfA voice communication.
    -Ability to use tokens for subscription.
    -Dungeon journal for vanilla plus the mount and cosmetic pet libraries (no pet battles though). However, the toy box may be unnecessary.
    -Achievements for vanilla.
    -AoE looting.
    -Possibly the new PvP flagging system but not sure till I see it firsthand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Likely the latest that private servers use. In this case 1.12.1.

The last patch for TBC would also be desirable. The one with the most content, least bugs, and greatest potential for players to be "powerful".
    Inb4 Bloodvine and talents make everything explode in two seconds.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post

-Modern WoW's graphics settings options (new anti-aliasing, lighting, optimized for modern machines, etc.). Not new models or animations.
    -Modern Battle.net integration including the new social features and BfA voice communication.
    -Dungeon journal for vanilla plus the mount and cosmetic pet libraries (no pet battles though). However, the toy box may be unnecessary.
    -AoE looting.
    That's basically gold selling. Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That's basically gold selling. Please no.
    Was thinking about that. Definitely don't want the buying and selling. Maybe you can just buy them directly from the store with gold on your character, but not buy/sell on the AH?

Deleted
    I didn't play Vanilla ( started in TBC ) and i want em to keep the whole package in there, i want the bugs, imbalances all the imperfection that this game used to have, so when they launch it i can experience it for myself, i wanna see this game excatly as it was back in the day, hopefully i will have blast with it!

Thats my two cents on it.

Deleted

-AoE looting.
    "You were never the targeted audience for this.
    The majority of the targeted audience is already unsubbed.
    The legacy community despises everything you're asking for.

You want QoLs? Play Legion.
    You want new race models? Play Legion.
    You want transmog? Play Legion.
    You want updated graphics? Guess what? Play Legion.

You already ruined live WoW for the old school player base.
    Don't ruin WoW Classic for us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post

I would not be in the least bit surprised to see every single thing on his list included in classic release, plus quite a few more onerous things. instant 60 boost anyone?? probably they need to wait 6 months or a year before selling gold and instant 60s.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post

"For us"
    Look at you, thinking you are a spokesperson for everyone!

If all you want is a carbon-copy of vanilla, then you are going to be sorely disappointed when you see what Classic actually becomes.

Deleted
    "For us"
    Look at you, thinking you are a spokesperson for everyone!

If all you want is a carbon-copy of vanilla, then you are going to be sorely disappointed when you see what Classic actually becomes.
    Quoted from the US forums. And he can be my spokesman, for he speaketh the truth.

And as no one knows what classic is going to be, least of all you. Though we do have a good idea from Blizzard itself that it's going to be as true to the original as possible.