Poll: Should raids be re-tuned for 1.12.1 balances

Should Raids be "Re-Tuned" for Patch 1.12.1 Balances.

Genuinely curious as to what the community thinks:

Assuming we go off of the 1.12.1 patch balance, should raids be tuned appropriately to have the "original" difficulty feel?

In case people don't remember, by the time 1.12.1 there were a vast amount of class changes that made MC and BWL vastly easier as classes got tuned more and for related gear earned later. Should no balances adjustments be made, the "authentic" classic appearance would be flawed as these raids will be easier than they would have been prior during the original patch flow.

I believe most people would agree that we want progressive servers with all the bug and balance fixes of 1.12.1. I just feel the balance relation to the earlier portion of the game is often forgotten.
    Last edited by Gondorian; 2017-11-09 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Posted Early, needed edits

Private servers have been a decent enough guinea pig for version 1.12 both in balance and bug fixes. They wont waste time with other versions.

I accidentally posted early, on my phone, but it was meant to refer to 1.12.1 and not 1.1.

This is how every good private server has done it.

The simplest way is to start at 1.0 and progress through the content at the same pace. The balance was better at 1.12, but that wasn't the experience, and nothing is tuned to that patch. Blizzard could go through and change bosses around, but tugging on that string opens a trap door that's slippery with Gnoll shit. Private servers do it because they don't have the resources. I expect better of Blizzard, both in quality and attention to detail that they would preserve the authenticity of the experience.

Deleted
    i personally think numbers could be tweaked, more boss hp wouldnt really change much but lets say increase hp and dmg of boss by X or whatever feels better, also MC where never hard and more or less a thing you had to run to get gear for later raids, you could be in a naxx guild and they would still do MC for recipes,mats and sulfuras etc so lower raids will aways be relevant even if you go above and beyond and have naxx on farm.

Deleted
    I actually made a thread about it: yes, PVE is the ONLY thing that needs to be reverted to the early vanilla game, since encounters were nerfed many times.

I think we'll be surprised to see just how better skilled the players are, how fine tuned the strats are, and how much sims/mods help when classic goes live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I think we'll be surprised to see just how better skilled the players are, how fine tuned the strats are, and how much sims/mods help when classic goes live.
    who cares if some guilds steamroll MC and some BWL? wont affect anyone just as it didnt when like less then 1% had done naxx and steamrolled MC and BWL, naxx will be hard even if you know every quantumparticle of naxx encounters, its a gearcheck just as it is a skillcheck and do you remember it was easy to get full t2/t3? i dont think so

They should tune every boss like the original Avatar and KJ that only Method and Exorsus killed.

On a more serious note, I like the idea of patch progression. I saw on another thread where someone mentioned the EQ system of next raids releasing when x amount of players have cleared the current one. That'd be pretty cool IMO. Start it up at 1.0 and let it roll!