Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Classic WoW. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Vanila's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Classic’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
    And yes, by the way, i DO have a Classic WoW tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
    note the avatar and imagine my smirk......yes sir i agree whole heartedly./
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Man... that all sounds like content to me. I mean a LOT more content than just grinding AP and clicking it into an artifact weapon.

In fact it sound like a lot of FUN... and worth the price of subscription.... unlike WoD and Legion... both of which only got a couple months of game time from me.

I personally didn;t care if Blizz brought back classic... I was (and still am) very happy to be playing elsewhere. But now that Blizz has stated they will be releasing it... and if it holds true to vanilla/bc/wrath..... I'll be very happy to pay a sub to play it... and will likely never buy another "modern" expansion again.
    It might sound like content to you, but the post was a comparison for another individual. Vanilla was a grind, pure and simple, not better or worse than what we have now or what we have dealt with in the past.

It evolved, but remained what it was.

And while it is in your opinion, content, it is, factually, rehashed, old content. There is only so many times you can recycle that content before the 'classic' experience ends. This is regardless of my opinion or your clear-cut bias.

And you are entitled to your opinion, definitely, especially since Blizzard is making a classic server.

But what happens if it isn't your vision of Classic?

What if it is someone else's vision?

Since there are so many classic 'camps' that believe the classic experience is a very specific way.

Should be an interesting show.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    It might sound like content to you, but the post was a comparison for another individual. Vanilla was a grind, pure and simple, not better or worse than what we have now or what we have dealt with in the past.

It evolved, but remained what it was.

And while it is in your opinion, content, it is, factually, rehashed, old content. There is only so many times you can recycle that content before the 'classic' experience ends. This is regardless of my opinion or your clear-cut bias.
    I disagree. You say that the grind is "no better or worse" now than before. I say it is. Because, to me, the reward for "the grind" back then (and still today on private servers) is tangible, fulfilling, and worthwhile.

Filling a weapon with AP has no feeling of reward or accomplishment. Grinding endless "Mythic+" for titanforge procs is a joke.

There seem to be two camps of players.... the "newer" player who just likes the incessant tinkle of "stuff" to fall at their feet for pushing a button or two. The items themselves have no value whatsoever, no rarity, no sense of achievement... it's just candy to a fat kid.

The more sophisticated player appreciates fewer rewards, that are harder, longer earned. They are valued more and the feeling of accomplishment is high.

I have received nothing in the past few expansions that I can truly say I value. But I have bankfuls of stuff from the "early days".

Consider the Paladin and Warlock mounts... they took effort, and the help of good friends. Rare mounts like the Time Lost Proto Drake... took time and dedication and those that have it? Are darn proud.

What I can tell you, is that there was not a single point where i clicked AP in my "uber powerful ulta kickass artifact weapon" that was meaningful, cool, rewarding, or even memorable. Garbage mechanic.... pure garbage.

Deleted
    I believe Wow Classic will prove, once and for all, that people miss playing WoW the way it used to be. The game has improved a lot over the years in so many ways, but in it's core, has gotten away from WHY people played it.

I truly believe WoW Classic will bring back millions of players that have left over the years... and they will STAY. The devs will either adjust the "new wow" to fit the core aspects, or maybe even let it die off.

People will be playing Classic and stop caring to play "live" because it's just more fun and rewarding. The thought of having so much "invested" in your toons will slip away, because you rebuilt then in classic wow.

BfA, is Legion 2.0... artifact 2.0, grind 2.0, RNG 2.0... etc. The very last thing the game needed.

Classic is 1.0 of everything... .exactly what the game needed. Gone are the days of "saviors"...

"Welcome adventurer... we need your help... If you are brave and bold enough to try."
    i believe as a vanilla player myself, you are wrong and it will just be a niche thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Good for you but you will be proven wrong.

Sure I had more fun in vanilla but I don't think I could enjoy it today.
    I've been wrong before. But it is people who made Vanilla/BC/Wrath great... along with solid content/reward ratios.

When you see a server full of people enjoying the game and sharing tips and info... you may very well find yourself playing it more. I think there is room for both games... I just know it's going to me more of a success than anyone thinks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. You say that the grind is "no better or worse" now than before. I say it is. Because, to me, the reward for "the grind" back then (and still today on private servers) is tangible, fulfilling, and worthwhile.

Filling a weapon with AP has no feeling of reward or accomplishment. Grinding endless "Mythic+" for titanforge procs is a joke.

There seem to be two camps of players.... the "newer" player who just likes the incessant tinkle of "stuff" to fall at their feet for pushing a button or two. The items themselves have no value whatsoever, no rarity, no sense of achievement... it's just candy to a fat kid.

The more sophisticated player appreciates fewer rewards, that are harder, longer earned. They are valued more and the feeling of accomplishment is high.

I have received nothing in the past few expansions that I can truly say I value. But I have bankfuls of stuff from the "early days".

Consider the Paladin and Warlock mounts... they took effort, and the help of good friends. Rare mounts like the Time Lost Proto Drake... took time and dedication and those that have it? Are darn proud.

What I can tell you, is that there was not a single point where i clicked AP in my "uber powerful ulta kickass artifact weapon" that was meaningful, cool, rewarding, or even memorable. Garbage mechanic.... pure garbage.
    The paled in and warlovk mounts, I agree with you on. Same for the hunter/priest weapons that required skill and dedication.

TLPD? Hell no. That was sitting in one place and getting lucky on a tag. No different than farming Rivendares mount or Invincible nowadays.

But it's difficult to take what you say as legitimate when you say such bold things as if you speak for everyone who wants classic. When you dont.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

As a huge vanilla fan who leveled two 60s on blizz-like servers in the recent past, I don't think everyone is going to fall in love with Classic WoW.

On free servers it's a cliche that 50% of people quit around level 30 due to the ganking. Who knows how many are left by 60, maybe 20%? Then when you start raiding and you're tired of the commitments, new games that you like are coming out and you want to play them, or IRL stuff happens, that's when the "vanilla fatigue" kicks in and maybe 5-10% of the original players are left. Personally, I left due to fatigue during raiding and the poor management of the servers, the latter of which shouldn't be a problem if Blizzard runs them.

I do think that it will get many, many people who quit WoW in the past to get back into the game. They'll play classic, then try current WoW, maybe try some other Blizzard games, etc. I think Blizzard is correctly putting their chips down on this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    As a huge vanilla fan who leveled two 60s on blizz-like servers in the recent past, I don't think everyone is going to fall in love with Classic WoW.

On free servers it's a cliche that 50% of people quit around level 30 due to the ganking. Who knows how many are left by 60, maybe 20%? Then when you start raiding and you're tired of the commitments, new games that you like are coming out and you want to play them, or IRL stuff happens, that's when the "vanilla fatigue" kicks in and maybe 5-10% of the original players are left. Personally, I left due to fatigue during raiding and the poor management of the servers, the latter of which shouldn't be a problem if Blizzard runs them.

I do think that it will get many, many people who quit WoW in the past to get back into the game. They'll play classic, then try current WoW, maybe try some other Blizzard games, etc. I think Blizzard is correctly putting their chips down on this happening.
    You're probably right. It'll be pretty hyped up for a few months until people trickle away. I can see most people getting to level 60, playing for a month before realising how much actual work goes into vanilla. There's been a few rumours stating that blizzard isn't going to keep vanilla the same, so I guess we'll have to see what changes they make before anyone really gives an in depth opinion on how it could play out.

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    Speak for yourself i mean you are the kind of people we don't need or want on classic servers
    From my experience on Nost most people were fun and helpful with a lot of energy and positivity not negative and depressed about everything all the time
    you also have panda icon so i am not surprised at all
    honestly with this attitude i suggest you to quit since you are seem to be having no fun anymore with WoW and you will be undesirable person in vanilla too
    Thanks for adding to the conversation with valid and logical arguments. You are very helpful and provide a lot to the community.

I believe Wow Classic will prove, once and for all, that people miss playing WoW the way it used to be. The game has improved a lot over the years in so many ways, but in it's core, has gotten away from WHY people played it.

I truly believe WoW Classic will bring back millions of players that have left over the years... and they will STAY. The devs will either adjust the "new wow" to fit the core aspects, or maybe even let it die off.

People will be playing Classic and stop caring to play "live" because it's just more fun and rewarding. The thought of having so much "invested" in your toons will slip away, because you rebuilt then in classic wow.

BfA, is Legion 2.0... artifact 2.0, grind 2.0, RNG 2.0... etc. The very last thing the game needed.

Classic is 1.0 of everything... .exactly what the game needed. Gone are the days of "saviors"...

"Welcome adventurer... we need your help... If you are brave and bold enough to try."

You don't actually believe this, do you? You realize WoW became what it was due to the factors that came together to make this experience what it was, right? Things like it being the first MMO based on a beloved RTS series.

Things like there never having been an online game quite like it.

The entire landscape, the audience, is all different. Classic won't flop but you're delusional if you think there's a chance Classic somehow overtakes and replaces Live WoW.

That's almost like suggesting Xbox will stop supporting current-gen because it went full backwards compatible so no gamers will want to play new things.

That's.. there's just no words lol. You went all-in on delusion and bare-handed hope. You -are- the minority, you have to know that lol. There is no chance in hell a majority of current players will prefer Classic to Live. The -playerbase itself- has changed, the things they value has changed.

There are exactly ZERO players who played then who are still adolescents. Next to none of them will have their life in the same state is was in back then, but you think the entire experience will be the same even though the players aren't...
    Last edited by Goobaman; 2017-11-07 at 10:52 PM.

Yea, Vanilla was king of the grind. Legion is the court jester of grinding, but king of Time gating, ie hurry up and wait gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP your signature is totaly unaccurate.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    If nothing else it will prove how this idea of classic servers make no sense at all.
    To whom does it make no sense to?

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's the problem many of you anti-classic people just don't understand.
    Who gives a shit about the grind?! That is WELL understood and what makes up the charm of Vanilla. It was all about the journey and not the wham-bam get to max level and then the game starts like we have now. For those newer players that don't know this than yup, they are in for a rude awakening. Those people will not be around long, and that is just fine. The vast majority of classic server supporters will dig in and enjoy the pace, because that is what it is about.

Stop talking about the grind. Classic is not for you people.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Wait until you see the RNG of having Paladin tier pieces drop for your horde guild. Wait until you have the grind of getting the rep with Hydraxian Waterlords to just progress to new bosses.

10+ Year Old Account

This is a stupid post. You have about as much supporting information as those shouting from a street corner that the end is near.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck, let alone the discussions going on in this thread, the OP immediately loses credibility with his stupid signature. WoW was at its peak subscriber count in WotLK but his signatuire claims vanilla towered over all else. Vanilla had at its peak 44% less subscribers than WotLK had as its median. This isn't even made up; it's based on the statistics blizzard released a few years back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Wait until you see the RNG of having Paladin tier pieces drop for your horde guild.
    That didn't happen until the tbc prepatch.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I sure will go back and happily at that. Nobody says you must summon ragnaros on the first seven MC runs
    fixed that for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greelix View Post
    There is no precedent for a game as large as WoW to do this.
    what? runescape and eq want a word....

- - - Updated - - -

danger in leveling,
    what? on a pvp server mayhaps otherwise, no

elites needing groups...
    only if you are terrible at cc

And yet... everyone has everything in the game.
    would you please link your mythic kills, your mythic+ achivements, your pets/mounts/toys - oh you dont have everything? but....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyteriz View Post
    Classic aka legacy is Vanilla-Tbc-Wrath
    no, classic is ONLY the original vanilla wow and no xpac added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That you run out of quests was your fault. There were enough quests in game to reach max level without grinding.
    oh look someone who didnt play classic .D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheckee View Post
    Oh and stop calling people kid, it's pathetic.
    sure the day you stop making multiply accounts, kid

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Why can't you be happy there will be a game for everyone. You have your home, retail, we will have our home, classic. Everyone will be happy.
    You are extremely upset about the fact that a lot of people will go back home? Dude...let us be.

I understand saying classic will be the saving grace of wow is a bit overconfident BUT it WILL be the saving grace for me and many others.
    People are fine with people sticking to vanilla. What gets really fucking teeth-grindy is when said people keep flapping their mouth-pieces about how much of a smash hit it'll be and retail will be abandoned because VANILLA SO GEWD U GAIZ! /jizzpants

If you like vanilla, good with me, you go do you, enjoy it, thumbs up from me. The second you start trying to shove it down my throat, discounting my opinion because you're so shortsighted and downright autistically obsessed to the max (and I am a high-functioning autistic person), then the gloves are off.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJohn View Post
    Yea, Vanilla was king of the grind. Legion is the court jester of grinding, but king of Time gating, ie hurry up and wait gameplay.
    Rather that than feeling shackled to a game like an abusive marriage. Other games can be played and enjoyed while the timer ticks. Or you can do other things in WoW while the timer ticks. Like achievements, faction rep, blah blah, list is endless. There's content to do while waiting.