Poll: Are you guys ok with the two alliance allied races?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Zandalari have a distinct posture that sets them apart from the Darkspear
    Darkspear Trolls will be able to have a stand-up posture as confirmed in Blizzcon Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    and HM Tauren have visually striking antlers.
    Draenei has a striking visual glowing yellow/holy light irradiating from them. I calculate that as the same type of striking difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Darkspear Trolls will be able to have a stand-up posture as confirmed in Blizzcon Q&A

Draenei has a striking visual glowing yellow/holy light irradiating from them. I calculate that as the same type of striking difference.
    i thought they only mentioned orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Pure fan service. The allied races don't make sense.
    Says you.

Meanwhile, in the actual game story:... We know that the races won't just be added, there will be story to go through in order to unlock them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calryn View Post
    i thought they only mentioned orcs.
    Not finding the src of the Q&A so maybe I miss understood, but from what I read on the WoW forums people played upright troll on the show floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    Do you guys think Blizzard could've done better with the Allied Races for Alliance?

Both Lightforged Draenei and Voidinfused Elf doesn't have an established hub compared to the other 4 allied races.
    Both of them are wrong.

Void ( insert race) should be a class. A allied race means that there is a whole freaking group of them......and where would they be hiding...because they need to be night elfs that have become void elfs....So i call BS on this.

And lightforged Draenei....the same it feels the weakest of all they could have done: Broken draenei, fel draenei ( broken free from the legion ), a of the dozens of gnomes etc etc....

And nightfallen...2 mana addicted elfs in the hord.......did you hear that joke:
    How does 1 goblin win from 100 nightfallen and 100 blood elfs in a fight??? he drops a mana shard on the ground...

Life isn't fair. Not everything is, or should be, equal.

To be honest I'd rather have red Draenei instead of Lightforged, but they're OK too. I'm only sad that they can't be any class that Draenei can't.

I really dont understand why a new race is so much more of an asspull than a race that we met one expansion ago. Dont get me wrong, I get people wanting races that have been wanted for decades such as ogres, naga, high elves, etc. But I dont think there is a lack of validity to "asspull" races adding new lore such as draenei, worgen and void elves

I don't know, Zandalri and Void elfs are the only ones interesting to me.

Lightforged draenei- Draenei with tatoos and new horns

Highmountain- Tauren with bigger horns and Tatoos.

Dark Iron- Fifty shades of gray Dwarfs.

Nightborne- Arcane Night elfs.

at least Zandalari differs form the standard troll and Void elfs(from what i see so far)got spell effects that makes then stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Meanwhile, in the actual game story:... We know that the races won't just be added, there will be story to go through in order to unlock them.
    Yes of course, but they don't really make sense for me. They just doesn't feel right. Nightborne are just different Night Elves and Void Elves are just different Blood Elves. Same for Lightforged Draenei, which shouldn't be called a "race"', because they're just draeneis with different customization options. It just feel weird... They are races which are done half-assed, they have the same models as the current races, but just different textures or they're just slightly different(I don't mean Zandalar Trolls).

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Lightforged draenei- Draenei with tatoos and new horns

Highmountain- Tauren with bigger horns and Tatoos.

Dark Iron- Fifty shades of gray Dwarfs.

Nightborne- Arcane Night elfs.
    Exactly.

The Horde recieves two brand new playable models, an already existing one and upgrades to two already existing ones in the form of not having to be hunchback.

The Alliance recieved three already existing playable models and no upgrades to any already existing ones.

It is easy to conclude that the Horde got off much, much better than the Alliance.

Deleted
    I really was hoping for Eredar, and the less bulky ones. Draenei were already one with the light (including their trait) - golden eyes and better horns should have become additional options instead of "new race". Army of light story is also not that interesting in terms of cultural difference or history.

Other than RPing, what is the point?

I’m assuming nothing at all will change about Suramar, Thunder Totem, Shadowforge, etc

Maybe wait for the rest to be revealed before complaining.

I don't see the point of this... Blizzard said that they're introducing more Allied Races, so they'll probably balance it and add other races that people really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    Maybe wait for the rest to be revealed before complaining.
    Exactly, I agree with @Teerack . He/She beat me to it.
    Last edited by Mythabay; 2017-11-10 at 12:05 AM.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

When an allied race means the faction will also get the capitol of that race Horde will be dead because Alliance will get all the Army of Light technology from the lightforged draenai.
    Check mate Horde...no but seriously, the allied races will be some minority groups and not the whole races.
    I also think that many people will go away from the bloodelves once the racial gets an overhaul and after the m+ dungeon tournament where everyone was bloodelf, it will happen.
    Dying could endanger your health!

The Alliance got three sub-races with only recolored eyes and customization options that should be available for the whole race.
    Kind of disappointing, but I'm not interested in any of the allied races anyways, except for the zandalari, but it's all because of their culture and I think normal trolls look better.

I'm more concerned with the continued trend of Horde favoritism in racials. Highmountain tauren get a forward charge-stun that I'm sure will prove just as annoying/useful as war stomp whereas Lightforged draenei get the Alliance's second "Improved Death" racial, Xe'ra ackbar. It's a good thing we have humans though, that somehow makes everything balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari are the only allied race that really interest me so far, the rest are just re skins.

Alliance got the best races as usual. Draenei is the best Alliance race, they get more Draenei that are upgraded. They get Dark Iron Dwarves, the second best Dwarves, Wlidhammer are the only better ones. And they get Void Elves which seem really cool. Just annoys me greatly that the took a Horde race, made it better and gave it to the Alliance.

Horde gets Nightborne which I am happy about, I really like them. We also get more Tauren and Trolls, the two most boring races on the Horde.