Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats fine and all, but blizzard is not going to invest in a product that loses them money, plain and simple. So if the cost to benefit ratio isn't profitable, they will more than likely pull the plug on the classic experiment.

I would actually play a classic server where the spirit of the game is the same, and I had to attune and gear up the same as when I did it back then, i just won't play on a server that includes the bugs and lack of QoL features, thats all.
    Blizzard isn't going to charge extra for WoW:Classic, it'll be something they just give for the players to check out and attract the private server player base back into subscribing. They won't attract anybody to play it if they make any of those QoL changes. Defeats the whole purpose of having a Vanilla server if you make any gameplay changes. No achievements, no mount tab, no personal loot, no graphical changes, no aoe looting, none of that because that isn't Vanilla anymore. They are going after a particular fan base and any changes to that gameplay, they'll lose the entire crowd they are going after.

This isn't a billion dollar idea they are coming up with, it's something cool they are creating to give back to the players it isn't meant to be a money grab besides bring back subscription they lost because people hate the current state of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and while we're at it, let's add death knights oh and flying and oooh lets add pet battles and wouldnt it be cool if we went to outlands oh and bloodlust for shamans but then it isnt fair so alliance should get shamans too oh and then paladins for horde to be fair and then...
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats fine and all, but blizzard is not going to invest in a product that loses them money, plain and simple. So if the cost to benefit ratio isn't profitable, they will more than likely pull the plug on the classic experiment.

I would actually play a classic server where the spirit of the game is the same, and I had to attune and gear up the same as when I did it back then, i just won't play on a server that includes the bugs and lack of QoL features, thats all.
    They aren't going to invest much and I have my belief that Classic will be under the subscription, would be the smartest. Would be too many resources to basically reboot the game to the point where people will once more, demand classic back.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

• Updated player models
    • Account wide mounts.
    • Achievements in general
    • Account wide achievements
    • A Mount Tab so the actual mount doesn't take up your bag space
    • Higher stack sizes for materials (vanilla it was only 20 max for materials)
    • Larger bags (back in vanilla 18 slot bags were the highest you could get)
    • Guild banks
    • Personal Materials bank
    • Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3)
    • LFD
    • Group builder tool
    • the list could literally go on and on and on for hundreds of lines, but you get the point

Do you just want the leveling experience to take as long as it did, and the difficulty of the dungeons, world mobs, raid bosses, to be like it was, but you want all the convenience features that have been added to the game?
    Honestly, I have been playing on many private realms every now and then. And none of the listed items has ever been an issue. You often only had 1 mount (which you have to farm quite intense), the bag space was sufficient (at least for anyone who was no tank) and everything else worked somehow. However there are some points Blizzard has to be aware of:
    • size of the server. Too small and it kills raiding and PvP, too big and it kills economy.
    • economy could be fixed with variable respawn timings for mobs and nodes (which is I guess WotLK content)
    • bugs e.g. on Charge, Blink, Ignite, certain spells etc. that caused very bad interaction with the environment. This applies to the various pet bugs and scaling issues.
    • UI programming. The only thing Blizzard must adapt is the UI/LUA coding framework. Else you can do some really sick stuff on live realms (e.g. healbots written in LUA or sometimes getting admin rights). Keeping addons working in the old LUA language is somewhat decent compared to the current state.
    • no crossrealm
    • no account wide stuff like mounts, toys, etc.

Deleted
    Convenience: no
    Account wide stuff: hell no

But improvements to engine that would make game modern without affecting game play and fixes to obvious bugs and oversights: yes

From your list:

> Updated player models

yep

> Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3)

maybe

The rest of list is definitive no.

I personally want "collections" tab, but NOT account wide.

No account wide anything. TBC level enhancement only. The only other thing would be possibly updated graphics, but that's superficial.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    see, its things like what you describe above that pains players a ton. If they made all that mess a little cleaner by maybe increasing the stack size of ammo and arrows, and giving it its own bag space that didn't take up the bag space that you have now, then that is a win. See, keep the spirit of vanilla without making it the tedious pos that it was.

I remember in TBC (i know TBC was not vanilla but much of the same systems were present in TBC), when our guild was progressing on Brutallus in the Sunwell raid, one of our hunters mid fight ran out of arrows. So he had to melee the rest of the fight. What a nightmare. We had to have him hearth back to town to go to the AH to buy some more high level arrows and summon him back. Increase the stack size and make an ammo bag separate from normal bags and that wouldn't happen as much, and you would still have the "spirit of vanilla"
    If your opinion of the vanilla game is that it was a "mess", a "nightmare", and a "tedious pos" ---- then I'm gonna respectfully suggest that you stick to playing in the current patch. Sounds like it just wasn't your cup of tea.

Deleted
    I don't think players are going to get upset that they no longer have to look in their bags to find the ram mount they bought so they can right click it to mount up, but rather all they have to do is go to their mount collection tab and put it on their bar.

Also, 3 second mount cast time vs 1.5 second cast time?
    Mount collection means you don't have to buy a mount on a character, which essentially means you need less money to grind on each character. So it is not 'just' QoL, therefore a big no.

3 seconds, and dismounting when entering water, are the only way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    You literally ask "do you want to play the current version of WoW". What's the point of the question even?
    Are you inept?

Did I say, do you want to play through Ulduar? Did I ask if you wanted to quest through Hyjal, or through Jade forest in Pandaria?

No.

Try reading next time before making asinine statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Blizzard isn't going to charge extra for WoW:Classic, it'll be something they just give for the players to check out and attract the private server player base back into subscribing. They won't attract anybody to play it if they make any of those QoL changes. Defeats the whole purpose of having a Vanilla server if you make any gameplay changes. No achievements, no mount tab, no personal loot, no graphical changes, no aoe looting, none of that because that isn't Vanilla anymore. They are going after a particular fan base and any changes to that gameplay, they'll lose the entire crowd they are going after.

This isn't a billion dollar idea they are coming up with, it's something cool they are creating to give back to the players it isn't meant to be a money grab besides bring back subscription they lost because people hate the current state of the game.
    Those aren't gameplay changes except for the AoE loot. They are technical and QoL features. I am not saying destroy the classic wow feel and pace of the game. I am just asking if people who wanted "vanilla" if they would also want some of the features they enjoy in the game today.

Again, "i really hate that I can AoE loot the 20 mobs i just killed, i REALLY wanted to loot them one at a time" - said no one ever.

Here is what I think:
    • Updated player models (def. yes)
    • Account wide mounts. (def. no)
    • Achievements in general (leaning towards no)
    • Account wide achievements (def. no)
    • A Mount Tab so the actual mount doesn't take up your bag space (leaning towards yes)
    • Higher stack sizes for materials (vanilla it was only 20 max for materials) (no)
    • Larger bags (back in vanilla 18 slot bags were the highest you could get) (no)
    • Guild banks (indifferent)
    • Personal Materials bank (indifferent)
    • Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3) (no)
    • LFD (def. no)
    • Group builder tool (def. no)
    • the list could literally go on and on and on for hundreds of lines, but you get the point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Convenience: no
    Account wide stuff: hell no

But improvements to engine that would make game modern without affecting game play and fixes to obvious bugs and oversights: yes

From your list:

> Updated player models

yep

> Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3)

maybe

The rest of list is definitive no.
    So you want 10 mounts taking up bag space then?

And why the hell would anyone NOT want achievements? If its the same game, and after you got yourself attuned to the Onyxia raid, you got an achievement telling you and everyone around you, "Congratulations! You got attuned to Onyxia!"... why the hell would you be upset about that?

Thats quite the oxymoron.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-11-09 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I personally want "collections" tab, but NOT account wide.
    But what would be use of it?

Toys didn't exist back then.

Mounts were expensive, there weren't flying/water/multi-person mounts, so players didn't need more than 1 or 2.

Transmog stuff could be a good addition, as long as its tied to one character. But I'm not sure if transmog would work with so few gear choices.
    So you want 10 mounts taking up bag space then?
    What 10 mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    Mount collection means you don't have to buy a mount on a character, which essentially means you need less money to grind on each character. So it is not 'just' QoL, therefore a big no.

3 seconds, and dismounting when entering water, are the only way.
    This made me chuckle. Yep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    But what would be use of it?

Toys didn't exist back then.

Mounts were expensive, there weren't flying/water/multi-person mounts, so players didn't need more than 1 or 2.

Transmog stuff could be a good addition, as long as its tied to one character. But I'm not sure if transmog would work with so few gear choices.

What 10 mounts?
    You are still going to have collectors wanting to get exalted with all the race factions so they can buy the different mounts from their race vendor. "oh shit, i have to hold them all in my bags, or put them in my bank?" "wtf is this"

Cant be a collector of cool stuff if your bags are chuck full of collectible shit.

It's only a matter of time before people playing on those servers start requesting that, and if its not implemented, the likelyhood of them quitting playing on that type of server increases.

I personally can't wait for:
    knee-high water dismounts me

- - - Updated - - -

Those aren't gameplay changes except for the AoE loot. They are technical and QoL features. I am not saying destroy the classic wow feel and pace of the game. I am just asking if people who wanted "vanilla" if they would also want some of the features they enjoy in the game today.

Again, "i really hate that I can AoE loot the 20 mobs i just killed, i REALLY wanted to loot them one at a time" - said no one ever.
    It doesn't matter. The reason the servers are made is to get the vanilla wow experience. To recreate the experience, you have to leave all variables the same. If you change any variable, then you have a different experience.

That's like saying X+1 is the same equation as x+1+1, which it isn't. Period. It's not the same anymore, if you add an extra variable. If you want to play vanilla Wow, as it was in 2004, then you have to have the same features as Vanilla had in 2004.

The game was more fun then, even with some of the nuances, yes looting 20 mobs individually sucks, but that's what you had to do. Carrying around 10 mounts? I mean seriously...you're lucky to have 1 maybe 2...most people didn't have gold with having to buy your spell ranks and durability costs. You couldn't afford the moutns most of the time. I knew players back then who didn't even get Epic riding until BC, before they were able to afford it.

Are you inept?

Did I say, do you want to play through Ulduar? Did I ask if you wanted to quest through Hyjal, or through Jade forest in Pandaria?

No.

Try reading next time before making asinine statements.
    Do you honestly think that people want Classic servers because they don't like the new locations? Is it a poor attempt in trolling? Because it does look like one.

Anyhow. All of the mechanics you have in your list is literally what separates vanilla from the current version of the game. These awesome, convenient, fun features are exactly why I personally no longer play the game. You want Diablo-like game? You have Legion! Why are you trying to turn vanilla into Legion but without content?

I'm glad NONE of the "qol's" will be included. "As it was, when it launched" is just fine by me.