Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Enough of this. Anyone who disagrees with you, you to tell to shut up or get out of the thread.

If you can't handle the opposition to your planet sized entitlement then perhaps you are the one who needs a time out.

- - - Updated - - -

You got void elves. That was a race specifically created to meet this demand. You had the game director openly snigger when asked about High Elves and he confirmed what we have been saying for a decade, High Elves are Blood Elves are therefore playable.

Your current strategy is, as several have admitted, to whine for long enough that Blizzard gives in to shut you up.
    Don't say "you got". I don't even want to play high elves and I sure as hell don't want to play a void elf or a blood elf. You have no idea about what I want to play, what races I play at the moment and which one of the allied races I'll play.

What I do care about though is the faction theme and aesthetics, regardless whether it is the Horde or the Alliance.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-09 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Don't say "you got". I don't even want to play high elves and I sure as hell don't want to play a void elf or a blood elf. You have no idea about what I want to play, what races I play at the moment and which one of the allied races I'll play.

What I do care about though is the faction theme and aesthetics, regardless wether it is the Horde or the Alliance.
    Then if you care about faction theme and aesthetics, you will accept that the Blood Elves/High Elves have left the Alliance and are a part of the Horde now. Anything the Alliance has is a remnant that barely impacts that faction, that remnant comprised of a small group of rapidly assimilating exiles and a bunch of cracked out traitors.

Then if you care about faction theme and aesthetics, you will accept that the Blood Elves/High Elves have left the Alliance and are a part of the Horde now. Anything the Alliance has is a remnant that barely impacts that faction, that remnant comprised of a small group of rapidly assimilating exiles and a bunch of cracked out traitors.
    That "remnant" has had major Alliance roles in TBC, WotLK, MoP, Suramar and across numerous questlines on the Broken Isles and Argus.

Your posts sound bitter, honestly. It feels like you entered this discussion just to point out how much you dislike something about the side you're not on and at that point it is pointless to discuss anything.

We'll permanently have void elves around when playing Alliance and when playing Horde we'll have to deal with having Nightborne because the Alliance got void elves and the Horde had to get an elf counterpart. One addition added another addition and neither fit the faction themes. They want to bring back old Horde vs Alliance hostilities and then provide both with assets that are completely out of place.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-09 at 10:40 PM.

Anything the Alliance has is a remnant that barely impacts that faction, that remnant comprised of a small group of rapidly assimilating exiles and a bunch of cracked out traitors.
    Which would still be a higher number than the handful of blood elves who happened to study the Void.

Numbers isn't an argument against high elves when void elves have literally been made up as a very, very small number of exiled blood elf shadow priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That "remnant" has had major Alliance roles in TBC, WotLK, MoP, Suramar and across numerous questlines on the Broken Isles and Argus.
    That remnant was the same damn group. Always the Silver Covenant (with the exception of TBC where a tiny amount of High Elves remained). The same bunch of elves used each time. Besides, last I checked the Silver Covenant was allied with Dalaran.

You know, an officially neutral city? Sure, strong Alliance tendencies but neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Which would still be a higher number than the handful of blood elves who happened to study the Void.

Numbers isn't an argument against high elves when void elves have literally been made up as a very, very small number of exiled blood elf shadow priests.
    Wasn't the point. The point is, the High Elves have left the Alliance. They left years ago.

That remnant was the same damn group. Always the Silver Covenant (with the exception of TBC where a tiny amount of High Elves remained). The same bunch of elves used each time. Besides, last I checked the Silver Covenant was allied with Dalaran.

You know, an officially neutral city? Sure, strong Alliance tendencies but neutral.
    Last time I checked, Nightborne and Highmountain were neutral.

Garrosh said something on the matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    My best guess is that blizzard wanted high elfs with more interesting racials and with at least some visual difference beside the eye color.

Void elves are extremely pale and look almost vampire like
    shal'dorei look more like dark elves from DnD compared to night elves
    Totally making a void elf shadow priest with the Icecrown mage tier lookalike.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Well, the last time you checked must've been pre-MoP then lol

What you said is like saying that the "same damn blood elves" are always used each time; Lliadrin, Halduron, Rommath and Aethas. Of course it is going to be the same damn elves. If anything it proves consistency.

Whenever something like this happens, I imagine the faction in question as having clans. A clan of a few thousand elves going rogue and rejoining the Alliance is much more plausible than a group of friends going insane while meddling with the void.

Enough of this. Anyone who disagrees with you, you to tell to shut up or get out of the thread.
    Uhm yes? Because he has not enough information to have arguments on that subject. He doesnt know, that high elves, we wanted to play arent and never were called blood elves, were never in contact with fel magic, were never with kael'thas during wc3. Silver covenant? wink? wink? And he is obviously tired of high elf demans, so why is he torturing himself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked, Nightborne and Highmountain were neutral.

Garrosh said something on the matter.
    Yeah but how do I put this.

I know, bluntly.

You are allowing your desire for High Elves to blind you to the truth of what has just happened.

Blizzard is introducing Allied races. Blizzard is also clearly aware of the desire for the thalassian model on the Alliance. The roleplayers were always the most vocal in the community desiring High Elves, the majority were clearly people who wanted to look a nice elf butt from behind all day, so Blizzard was less focused on giving the Alliance a High Elf than they were in coming up with an excuse to give them sort of Thalassian Elf.

Because even Blizzard clearly understands what you also understand, but just want to ignore. That the High Elves are already playable.

There was no way they were going to give you a complete copy of the Blood Elf model, so they gave you a twist on it just as the Nightborne are a twist on the Night Elf model.

In Blizzard's mind...and probably reality...they have allowed the Alliance access to a popular model that will satisfy the majority of those seeking. As for the minority who are still persisting in hoping blizzard is going to going to make a song and a dance and a marketing campaign about granting Thalassian Elves AGAIN, you're going to be ignored.

Of course you are going to be ignored. How could you be anything but ignored. Blizzard feels they just gave you attention, that they gave you something wonderful. Sure, some people didn't like it, but some people don't like ANYTHING they do.

The only people who will deign to hear your complaints are people like me who take the time to respond to this increasingly silly fixation. Thalassian elves for a third time, yeah right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Uhm yes? Because he has not enough information to have arguments on that subject. He doesnt know, that high elves, we wanted to play arent and never were called blood elves, were never in contact with fel magic, were never with kael'thas during wc3. And he is obviously tired of high elf demans, so why is he torturing himself?
    No, he has plenty of information. You think anyone who argues with you and disagrees with you doesn't understand the subject, because if they did understand the subject they'd agree with you.

Extreme arrogance.

No, he has plenty of information. You think anyone who argues with you and disagrees with you doesn't understand the subject, because if they did understand the subject they'd agree with you.

Extreme arrogance.
    No extreme arrogance is downplaying everything. Saying ''blood elves are high elves, you whiny zealots didnt get your mercedes waahaaaa, end of the thread''

Blizzard feels they just gave you attention, that they gave you something wonderful. Sure, some people didn't like it, but some people don't like ANYTHING they do.
    What Blizzard feels is largely out of touch with what the players have felt and asked for.

There are no ogres on the Horde and no proper high elves on the Alliance, two of the most requested races in the history of WoW. At least we can then agree that what Blizzard feels is largely out of touch with what is being asked for.

Blood Elves are pretty much the "Dark Elf" fantasy trope, the same goes for Void Elves. It is not surprising that a few people on the Alliance would rather play a rather stereotypical take on High Elves, a loyal imitation of the High Elves of LoTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    No extreme arrogance is downplaying everything. Saying ''blood elves are high elves, you whiny zealots didnt get your mercedes waahaaaa, end of the thread''
    Ion said Blood Elves are High Elves...that pretty much is end of thread. Yet here we are indulging you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Blood Elves are pretty much the "Dark Elf" fantasy trope, the same goes for Void Elves. It is not surprising that a few people on the Alliance would rather play a rather stereotypical take on High Elves, a loyal imitation of the High Elves of LoTR.
    The Nightborne are the Dark Elves. The Blood Elves are the High Elves. And the Night Elves are the Wood Elves. We have all three traditional elven groups covered now.

Deleted
    You know shit what high elf fans wanted and what high elf race represents. You dont have to attend any more of these threads, thats beauty of it, and would be better for both sides.
    I will attend whatever thread I damn well please you crybaby. It must be hard to type trough your tears. You can't always get what you want. Tough shit.

And it doesn't matter in the slightest about what High elves represent. Yeah, you wanted Alliance loyalist elves who didn't side with their kin. But you're not getting it. Blizzard can't just give you the race of the oppositie faction with just different coloured eyes. You're not getting it. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I will attend whatever thread I damn well please you crybaby. It must be hard to type trough your tears. You can't always get what you want. Tough shit.

And it doesn't matter in the slightest about what High elves represent. Yeah, you wanted Alliance loyalist elves who didn't side with their kin. But you're not getting it. Blizzard can't just give you the race of the oppositie faction with just different coloured eyes. You're not getting it. Deal with it.
    This is that nice commenter. Everyone! Have conversation with him, dont get anything personal, because if you do, you are the villain.

It's pretty clean when a dev is just making up a reason on the spot in the interview. Would have been nice if he just was never asked this because people are holding onto his words too much now when honestly it's likely not much of a stance one way or the other right now. It's not like most wow statements like this dont make a 180 all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I kind of understand them. The void elfs and the Nightborne each have a unique look and set-up compared to the current blood elf and night elf. The high elfs are just slightly lighter versions of blood elfs and don't really have a home on Azeroth, so unless they make a rework of the high elf model and create an out of nowhere High Elf faction, then there is good reason to not make them a playable race.
    Just change the lore to have them be the High Elven and Blood Elven followers of Alleria with an out-of-combat form that mirrors the traditional skin, hair, and eye colors, i.e. the Worgen treatment. In such a scenario, most of the player base would be content with the option.

P.S. Give them a real name... ; Void Elf sounds f***ing retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    It's pretty clean when a dev is just making up a reason on the spot in the interview. Would have been nice if he just was never asked this because people are holding onto his words too much now when honestly it's likely not much of a stance one way or the other right now. It's not like most wow statements like this dont make a 180 all the time.
    Oh for the love of...he flat out said High Elves are Blood Elves and they are already playable.

I mean seriously how much more blunt does have to be?

He could have every High Elf npc in the game lined up and be executed and people would say it didn't happen or that they weren't actually dead.

This denial of reality, of actually finding ways to ignore what the GAME DIRECTOR says means debate is impossible.

This is clearly an unreasonable and irrational obsession.