Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Like, everything but the "girl power" and feminism part was pretty fucking funny, but holy FUCK that almost made me gag.
    Can you fucking leave politics out of that shit? Like, the girls could've still saved the city without "#Feminism" stated every 3 minutes.
    Instantly think less of the show because of this one episode!
    Holy oversensitivity there Batman. Somehow I managed to make it through the entire episode without gagging or crying once. Maybe its because a light-hearted "battle cry" shouldn't be confused with politics.

I'm not sure how they managed to track the villain by tracking Aluminum-Cobalt-Nickel. I'm thinking that might be just a little to common for a pin-point location. That's a little more annoying. Also Cecile fell asleep on the vidcam and let those goons sneak up on Iris and Felicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Holy oversensitivity there Batman. Somehow I managed to make it through the entire episode without gagging or crying once. Maybe its because a light-hearted "battle cry" shouldn't be confused with politics.

I'm not sure how they managed to track the villain by tracking Aluminum-Cobalt-Nickel. I'm thinking that might be just a little to common for a pin-point location. That's a little more annoying. Also Cecile fell asleep on the vidcam and let those goons sneak up on Iris and Felicity.
    A light hearted battle cry would be one instance of it for the whole episode. This entire 40 minute run could've been an add for #Feminism.
    If I wanted to watch a political movement, I'd find them on the big'ol Internet!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I didn't .

A light hearted battle cry would be one instance of it for the whole episode. This entire 40 minute run could've been an add for #Feminism.
    If I wanted to watch a political movement, I'd find them on the big'ol Internet!
    Its not really a battle cry if you only use it once. It was an alright episode. It would've been better if Iris and Felicity got to zap bad guys with science guns.

Its not really a battle cry if you only use it once. It was an alright episode. It would've been better if Iris and Felicity got to zap bad guys with science guns.
    You know that scene where they put their hands together and then go "#Feminism!"? That would've been so much better if Iris went "Girls, we got this!".
    Same message and unity, without the glaring political stance. I just made the episode better!

superheroes have, since their inception, been used to push political movements and make statements about them either directly or via allegory.

hell most of the most famous superheroes were created by jews who wanted to show minorities and oppressed groups rising up and punching nazis.

if theres one genre you want to complain about getting political its not super heroes. its whats theyve always done.

- - - Updated - - -

also, i just got caught up. dont like the new villain, hes boring and he looks lame.

- - - Updated - - -

i kinda wish that metal arm lady was the arc villain. id prefer a more down to earth villain then alien borg from another dimension.

hopefully next seasons baddie is grodd or cobalt blue or something cool like maybe a justice league villain like darkseid or antimonitor
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The stupid part of the girl-power thing really was just how bad they did. They let the villain go, let the meta go, almost died a couple times...

"This is about feminism!" "So you're saying feminism is incompetence?"
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I agree the whole feminism/girl power was a little over the top, its like the writers never heard of the saying "Less is more'.

Police were on their way, why the fuck would they let the baddie go when she was powerless... just like legends this week, "story" some how makes everyone stupid or like on Supergirl on S3E2 she has superspeed why didn't she just speed in and knock the psychic girl out knowing what she can do. "Story" makes you dumb and makes you lose/forget about your powers. Like in Supergirl S2 when Lillian had Kara and Mon-Ew locked in that cage, yeah the bars are unbreakable but the cage was bolted down to the concrete floor, all she had to do was grip the top of the cage and fly up. Even if the bolts were made of the same metal the concrete would of given out and cage lifted up.

Here's to hoping we'll see a mgtow episode now, then.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they have an episode where a woman pretends to love a man, then gets divorced from said man for financial security then takes the house and gets a new boyfriend who lives in that house also but she doesn't officially declare the relationship so she can still get alimony from her estranged husband. You know...for balance

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I hope they have an episode where a woman pretends to love a man, then gets divorced from said man for financial security then takes the house and gets a new boyfriend who lives in that house also but she doesn't officially declare the relationship so she can still get alimony from her estranged husband. You know...for balance
    sounds like you have experience
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    sounds like you have experience
    Nah I listen to bill burrs podcasts. He knew tonnes of guys that had that happen to them in Hollywood. Gets old all the hating on men in the media so pointing out the ladies arnt 100% groovy all the time either is only fair. Not gonna get that story on Ellen though are you

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nah I listen to bill burrs podcasts. He knew tonnes of guys that had that happen to them in Hollywood. Gets old all the hating on men in the media so pointing out the ladies arnt 100% groovy all the time either is only fair. Not gonna get that story on Ellen though are you
    As I said before though, girlpower and feminism hashtags be damned, the 4 women blundered around like idiots for the most part. They had no control over events, messed up repeatedly, nearly got killed a couple times, and got bailed out by a literal machine from the heavens above... Then, with total victory handed to them, they let the murderous slaver villain go to menace them another day and also let the drug-crying metahuman leave so he could be captured literally the same night by a different villain.

I don't really think that's a strong showing for girlpower.

If you really want to complain about feminism stereotypes, taking the men to a low-rent strip club where they got into a fight over stealing, that's much more stereotyping, IMO. Certainly not in character for most of the men, and the new guy was supposed to have turned himself around last episode...

Meh, whatever.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I think we need more sjw episodes.
    That would do series good.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Here's to hoping we'll see a mgtow episode now, then.
    I already had to sit through the cringy feminist episode and now you want me to sit through a mgtow one too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I already had to sit through the cringy feminist episode and now you want me to sit through a mgtow one too?
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it. That is the wisdom of the Qun.

I think some one on the writing team is a Rick and Morty fan.

my god what are the writters doing to this show? this season, imho, is so bad i would even give superfeminist,,,,ehem supergirl a chance again.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    i really like the elastic man guy. hes fun.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i really like the elastic man guy. hes fun.
    hes called plastic man. him and the counsel of wells = funny flash

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    hes called plastic man. him and the counsel of wells = funny flash
    Awww, we got Plas and not Ralph?