Poll: Which class will you level?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I never played Vanilla, so I’m wondering what it was like to level as a Healer. I keep reading that healers were considered very valuable, as a lot of people didn’t want to deal with the hassle of leveling them because it was so hard. Is this true? Any suggestions on which class is best?
    I was a Paladin and mostly levelled as Holy, on the plus side i was unkillable one negative side killing mobs took awhile. I ran lots of dungeons back then then plus questing. Wasnt to bad to get to 60.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I never played Vanilla, so I’m wondering what it was like to level as a Healer. I keep reading that healers were considered very valuable, as a lot of people didn’t want to deal with the hassle of leveling them because it was so hard. Is this true? Any suggestions on which class is best?
    One thing to remember is that specs were FAR more dynamic than they are now, Talent trees n all

I leveled a Pally in Vanilla with a weird-ass mix of talents
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Any class with a healing spec healed at max level in PVE content, maybe with a few very stellar exceptions - but for the most part if you were resto or holy you healed, period. Yes, healers were in strong demand.

Enhancement shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

priest. In actual vanilla I leveled a female night elf hunter like 50% of the alliance population. Can’t wait. Enjoyed private lv60 server like a year ago but the real blizzard ones will be an even greater experience i hope.

Dwarf Paladin, assuming we don't have to pay for a separate account.

Played an undead warlock in vanilla... never again.
    Gonna roll a tauren warrior and be main tank so i get all the pretty loots

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    WARRIOR for life!

I wanna tank!

I wanna DPS!

I wanna PvP!

Warriors in vanilla feel badass.

and @Lolsteak

I’m leaning towards Pally, just because I see myself being more PvP involved. My other option was a Holy Priest, which I’ve read were fantastic for PvE, but didn’t have the great mana that Pally’s did.
    I did some pvp back in Vanilla, i have the Corporal title from before the pvp change.

With the Full T2 set and weapon/shield meant i had a really high Armour class making it hard to kill me. Used to flag carry in WSG and was used to protecting points in AB. Back when blessing of freedom was godlike.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

and @Lolsteak

I’m leaning towards Pally, just because I see myself being more PvP involved. My other option was a Holy Priest, which I’ve read were fantastic for PvE, but didn’t have the great mana that Pally’s did.
    Reckoning.. holy shit that was so fun in PvP, If you don't remember what it is.. whenever you receive a crit you stored a charge, On your next attack each charge made you hit an extra time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhgvouRprw

Why it got nerfed, lol
    Last edited by Lolsteak; 2017-11-07 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I voted druid, but it'll depend on a few things for me. I have played Alliance solidly since WOTLK (have played the game since Vanilla though), so I'm looking at returning to the Horde for something fresh. Plus, the Arathi Basin exalted tabard is mint compared to the Alliance version I own. And, if they utilise their Australian-based servers, then perhaps that will influence my decision, too.

Ultimately, however, I have always wanted to level a druid. I love their lore, and parts of me regrets having spent the last six or seven years playing shaman only. I have read the comments and forum posts regarding the druids state in Vanilla, but I also believe that people have learnt a lot about the class since Vanilla (and all other classes, too), which may help push the boundaries on what's 'meta'. I guess we'll see how we, as a community, work with Blizzard on what version of 'Vanilla' we'll get.

Until then, may Cenarius smile upon you.

I leveled a night elf holy priest. It took a long time to kill things and a long time to level. If I got more than a couple mobs on me I would struggle. But once I figured it out I could handle stuff even 5 levels higher than me while leveling as I could heal heal heal. I have a very fond memory of this troll in STV near the NW side that always sat in that hut. He got me a few times when I was doing the pages/hunting quests. But finally I took him down when he was still 5 levels above me. It was a long fight but I got him. Pretty sure I got some copper and a grey item, but it was worth it.

Also, when I applied for raiding guilds as I was getting close to 60 everyone wanted me. Not because I was any good (because I wasn't), but holy priests were in demand. I ended up going with a guild called Accendo Nox Nocto on the Rexxar server b/c a lot of the people I had been leveling/playing with wanted to stay together, so we joined them. My holy priest was Revak (hence my MMO name). Named after Revan and Malak from Knights of the Old Republic (which I had just finished on the Xbox) when I made the toon. That group, plus some more, ended up branching off to form another guild during T4 content in TBC and we're still together to this day. Though I did change the priests name during TBC as we had a paladin with a similar name and it caused some confusion during raiding.

I loved vanilla WoW. Excited to go back and play. Hopefully they keep it as close to original as possible.
    Last edited by Revak; 2017-11-08 at 01:00 AM.

You won't be able to gank people on live after BfA comes out, so you know the classic servers are going to be filled with rogues sitting in STV all day.

That sounds "fun".

I like the ability of druids to kind of do any role, and so that's probably what I would pick. I think that I would go bear tank, but keep a set of feral gear so that I could do either-or.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde (probably Shaman) because I exclusively played Alliance (Paladin) during vanilla.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Need death knight option

I loved being a warlock back in the MC days. I was sought after for utility, Summoning and soulstoning, banish was fun, handing out felcandy when I could. Survivability while questing was nice too, not having to worry about mana, all that fun stuff. Quest for your first mount instead of having to buy it and keep it in your inventory. Plus the sweet armor. So that's probably what I'll be. Maybe a shaman too since I actually loved all their class quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelina View Post
    I loved being a warlock back in the MC days. I was sought after for utility, Summoning and soulstoning, banish was fun, handing out felcandy when I could. Survivability while questing was nice too, not having to worry about mana, all that fun stuff. Quest for your first mount instead of having to buy it and keep it in your inventory. Plus the sweet armor. So that's probably what I'll be. Maybe a shaman too since I actually loved all their class quests.

Dang. I forgot about the mount quests. I did the pally one in all its glory at the start of TBC. But the warlock one was trivial by the time I did it. My wife did the druid one in TBC as well and it was cool.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors and Rogues are going to be a dime a dozen and I never really gave a shit about Shard farming as a Warlock so I might just go with a boring Holy Priest if only to ensure raid positioning as well as access to Shadow for PVP. Once the mob debuff slots go from 8 to 16 I might even try to weasel my way in to a raid as Shadow especially if the group has a bunch of Warlocks for that sweet shadow damage debuff.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Faffin View Post
    IIRC Bloodlust was originally the level 70 ability introduced in TBC, so I'd say you're pretty unlikely to be debuffed by it in Classic
    Haha that's true, my fault.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..