Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I remember attuning myself with only a Nexus Crystal and some gold, unless my memory fails me. Also no, people weren't coming from EQ, WoW brought in majority a new playbase that never played MMOs before. MMOs were very niche at the time, WoW changed that.
    Lol, you can't say straight up that no one was coming from EQ, since there are plenty of EQ players that ended up playing WoW. Sure, a majority of them may not be from EQ, but to say that NONE came from EQ is straight up a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Are you kidding me? With modern website datamining and guides for pretty much anything and everything. The most limiting factor is going to be mob spawns in the overworld for crafting resistance gear. Other than that the vast majority of players stepping into modern LFR will easily be able to take care of Naxx40. The hardest part about that shit was needing priests to mind control and Kel'thuzad.

Naxx was 'super leet' back in the day, but with its re-release in WotLK allowing players more than 7 years to master pretty much the basic mechanics of the place, it will be a cake walk for literally any WoW fan, which i assume will be the only people playing classic.

Now timewalking Ulduar with preserved hardmodes? That's another fucking story entirely and is way more interesting to a raider than grinding scourgestones.
    Isn't it a little presumptuous to assume you speak for everyone?

No thanks, overpowered gear beyond Naxx with only further the PVP disparity that already exists between elite raiders and everyone else.

If this did happen, you should have to clear every boss in MC, BWL, AQ40 and NAXX before being allowed to access the content.

New content doesn't have to be beyond Naxx gear in stats. This is Vanilla where classes use blues, world epics, ZG loot, etc that are as good as AQ40 gear or in some cases BiS. It could be different, but not superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Lol, you can't say straight up that no one was coming from EQ, since there are plenty of EQ players that ended up playing WoW. Sure, a majority of them may not be from EQ, but to say that NONE came from EQ is straight up a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it a little presumptuous to assume you speak for everyone?
    It is a little? But I'm more than certain the only people going to be taking raiding that seriously on Classic WoW will have been at the very least Vanilla WoW fans. You people vastly overestimate vanilla and it's ability to attract new players, especially considering it only got popular when it launched in China during TBC.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda thinking they'll make it seasonal to keep people playing, after a season ends (whatever duration it might be, i guess after a few guilds clear naxx) server progression and gear resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    The big question I have is will they add new content after 40 man Naxx like a 40 man Karazhan with better loot to keep the progression going or its all going to end with Naxx for eternity.

What was cool about classic is that you had very few guilds finishing all the content before new content was being pushed out. I think after a while when guilds have Naxx on farm they may release a new 40 man raid to keep people progressing.
    Three years down the line maybe we will find out, but I'm sure it depends on how successful "classic " will be.

Are you kidding me? With modern website datamining and guides for pretty much anything and everything. The most limiting factor is going to be mob spawns in the overworld for crafting resistance gear. Other than that the vast majority of players stepping into modern LFR will easily be able to take care of Naxx40. The hardest part about that shit was needing priests to mind control and Kel'thuzad.

Naxx was 'super leet' back in the day, but with its re-release in WotLK allowing players more than 7 years to master pretty much the basic mechanics of the place, it will be a cake walk for literally any WoW fan, which i assume will be the only people playing classic.

Now timewalking Ulduar with preserved hardmodes? That's another fucking story entirely and is way more interesting to a raider than grinding scourgestones.
    thats the dumbest thing ive read in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Eeeeeeeeeh... I am not so sure about that. For the sheer fact that in Classic, there is NO gear catchup mechanism. If you want to see Naxx, you are going to pretty much have to get there the old fashion way. MC > BWL > AQ 20/40 > Naxx... the grind for resist gears for the various raids not withstanding that you only get 2-3 pieces of gear per boss for 40 people... gearing is going to take a very long time just to get there. People geared enough to carry new raid members is gonna be a fair ways away.
    But there wont be as many new toons going around because of all the information we have now, most people, specially those who are gonna raid already know what they are gonna play and won't reroll because there wont be anything new to discover. It's just gonna be one highway to endgame.

Try to beat Naxx40 first, you might not need new content.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Good luck surrounding yourself with 1% who never misses raid night, and stays loyal to your guild. ...Then again all them guides and data mining should make it a breeze.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Isnt this something OldSchool Runescape did?

10+ Year Old Account
    classic servers gonna be the ultimate content draught servers, gonna be fun
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    Try to beat Naxx40 first, you might not need new content.
    Seeing people tank today, I wonder how many will turn there back for re-positioning...
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Franzy View Post
    I'm kinda thinking they'll make it seasonal to keep people playing, after a season ends (whatever duration it might be, i guess after a few guilds clear naxx) server progression and gear resets.
    Can we have it without resets?

When I started playing, my dream was eventually to complete everything. Removal of old ZA bear and later removal of old Naxx (with unique recipes and drops) made me very upset. That was 3 Blacksmith Recipes (I think it was 3) that can never be gained (if someone says - look on BMAH: they didn't exist in form of items, they were learnt from NPC inside old Naxx). More and more such stuff was removed from the game, so eventually I totally gave up with it.

Keep away this maddening rush to complete as much as possible before some artificial "progression" with removal of stuff out of Classic WoW... Games are meant to be played, not rushed through.

After years and years of "Man WoW is the worst thing ever now Vanilla was amazing Vanilla was perfect Vanilla had no flaws the game should go back to how it was in Vanilla"... Blizzard finally throws their hands up with an OKAY FINE and suddenly every other thread is "Actually Vanilla wasn't that great it had a bunch of problems you should make Vanilla more like retail WoW with more viable specs and achievements and collection tabs and pet battles and cheaper respecs and new content!"

Just no pleasing folks, is there?

A big part of the Vanilla 'experience' was the imbalance and clunky esoteric design and slow, plodding content.
    Careful what you wish for, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    After years and years of "Man WoW is the worst thing ever now Vanilla was amazing Vanilla was perfect Vanilla had no flaws the game should go back to how it was in Vanilla"... Blizzard finally throws their hands up with an OKAY FINE and suddenly every other thread is "Actually Vanilla wasn't that great it had a bunch of problems you should make Vanilla more like retail WoW with more viable specs and achievements and collection tabs and pet battles and cheaper respecs and new content!"

Just no pleasing folks, is there?
    Different people are talking. And loud minority, yet again, is trying to spoil all the fun of Classic servers by suggesting changes from retail... They already ruined retail WoW for us, old generation gamers, and now they want to ruin it all over again....

If they added content that was true to the design philosophy of Vanilla WoW, I would be overjoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Naxx is enough to keep an entire server busy for a very long time.

You honestly think that more than 1% will see it again?
    Man you gotta be dumb or elitist to say something like that.

If Patch 1.12.1 I bet before even half a year people are entering Naxx. <5 Days to hit 60. Guilds pre-BiS farm then Samurai zerg first tiers. Bloodvine OP into wololololo into Choo choo.

Fun fact "<1% Naxx" meme only happened on Retail because logistics was a nightmare for casual Joe to progress (Especially on dead servers, or ones with not many guilds). B.net Chat, Discord, Reddit and a much bigger playerbase consolidated will expedite things.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-11-10 at 07:28 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Naxxramas will be pain to gear up for and grind mats for (poor herbalist who gonna farm reagents for mushroom boss). Also i'm intend to farm Corrupted Ashbringer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Man you gotta be dumb or elitist to say something like that.

If Patch 1.12.1 I bet before even half a year people are entering Naxx. <5 Days to hit 60. Guilds pre-BiS farm, zerg first half of tiers. Bloodvine OP. wolololol. Choo choo.
    They all will stack at Gothik and then on Four Horsemen. Because gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People wanted Classic, they should get Classic.

Adding shit beyond Naxx 40, would mean taking it into TBC thus rendering it "not Classic" anymore.
    Yes, raids will be cleared and far FAR more than 1% will end up seeing Naxx 40 down, just like on Private servers... But listening to people, it seems Classic forever has them engaged without the need of new content.

So, let them have their Classic server and be happy.

ppl didnt want just classic.. ppl wanted servers of previous expansions.. like me, i'd love to play classic, but i would love to play tbc of wrath more