Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Zandalari Druid Travel Form Raptor

So wowhead just posted an article. States that the Zandalari Druid will have a new travel form that is a raptor.

Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=275764/l...form-is-raptor

As an alliance feral Druid, seeing that two of the new horde allied races can be Druid and one of them even gets something as cool as this, I’m going to have to seriously consider switching to horde unless we hear something cool about alliance Druids. Anyone else considering it?

It's very disappointing. Very. 4 horde druid races, versus 2 alliance races. There's no valid reason why void elves can't be given druid class. Other than laziness. "It doesn't fit our theme!" Well change the FUCKING theme, Blizzard. It's like you're saying you don't have total creative control over your own damn game.

Neat.

And no, this doesn't make me consider switching my druid to Horde. I prefer stag Travel Form.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    There's no valid reason why void elves can't be given druid class.
    I'm actually happy that is the case. No Druid would ever get involved with Void magic, its a direct contradiction to the Nature magic we use. Lore matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I'm actually happy that is the case. No Druid would ever get involved with Void magic, its a direct contradiction to the Nature magic we use. Lore matters.
    Lore matters? Oh ok. Please show me where any of the Taunka tauren shape shifted whatsoever or used any form of druid magic at all so far.

Who is doing anything with the Taunka? You must be getting things confused.

Oh, I thought they were talking about shamans... Nice!

And yeah, Void elf druid is not a thing.

I'm REALLY REALLY sad alliance got no new druid races with this. I was already missing being Horde and then they basically rubbed salt in my wounds. No I'm not rerolling to horde for the simple reason I love my guild, but I was really hoping to be able to be a Void Elf Druid... I get the thinking on why they aren't but this is something they should have considered. Idk how they could have worked on this and no one brought up giving the Horde two new Druid Races and the Alliance none seemed at all fair. Hell I would have been fine if the Lightforged Draenei could be Druids. I'm just all around sad about it.

Deleted
    But hey, Alliance can have 4 races with Paladin...

Cheetah all the way, my friends.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Paladin was originally alliance only and is balanced out byhorde shaman availability (4)

Druids have been out since launch with equal racial availability between factions. This is an idiotic change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aliandren View Post
    Paladin was originally alliance only and is balanced out byhorde shaman availability (4)

Druids have been out since launch with equal racial availability between factions. This is an idiotic change.
    Well, agree. But realistically, none of the new races would fit Druid.

They could make a lore for Wildhammer Dwarfs beeing Druids somehow (/wave Taurens)

Just immagine Bear with beard... or Moonkin with Gandalf beard... Fabulous !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aliandren View Post

No it's not. Crying about nonsense is though. They will introduce more subraces so just quit the wining already. It's not like this is some gamebreaking feature which will destroy our wow experience.

As an Alliance Druid, this honestly just makes me want to abandon my class more than anything.

Legit, did they think Alliance Druids would be pleased getting the middle finger here? At least as a DK or DH, you know that NEITHER side is getting a race. Why do this specifically to Alliance Druids? It's not like Shamans or Paladins.

Just think how awesome it'd be if we got Void Druids. Hell, modify Druid to allow more concepts. If Sunwalkers (Tauren Paladins) can find the Light in the sun, why can't we have non-nature Druids/Shapeshifters?

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Paladins and Shamans will always be imbalanced on the opposite faction and no one gives a fuck because it's always been like this. Druid has literally always been the most balanced class:faction races ratio in the game. 1:1 in Vanilla, 2:2 in Cataclysm, now 2:4 in BfA. There's no good reason for it.

It's not a class like Warrior or Hunter that literally anyone can be. We're talking about a class that has TWO RACES and suddenly, one faction is getting double that. It's stupid and horribly short-sighted on Blizzard's part and I really hope they reconsider this.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-11-10 at 03:33 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Fix:

Draenei Druids (Lightforged stay non-Druid). Their Travel Form is literally a space goat like Argi.
    Human Druids no extra work needs done here to be honest, since only Zandalari get a new Travel Form, give a unique travel form just to Draenei.

Problem solved.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

This honestly comes across as very whiny to me. Druids still are only accessible to 2 races on each faction. Allied races are not in any way equivalent to a new race as they require a metric tonne less effort design wise. Furthermore they are a pain to unlock and play. For Zandalari specifically, you are most likely going to need to reach Zandalar, complete a chunky quest chain and then either pay for a race change or relevel to max all the way from 20. You are not going to see nearly as many of them for those restrictions alone.

Furthermore, unless we see something drastic like new forms for them specifically (and hell i'm actually hoping im wrong on this. Dinosaur druid forms would be amazing) they are only getting druids as it makes sense lorewise for them to have them. What minor things they are getting amount to a travel form swap (which is very likely to just be a reused model) and bolted on antlers.
    It's also probably worth considering that there are way, way more Night Elf druids than any other kind, Worgen honestly may as well not be druids for Alliance as is. I wouldn't be surprised if half the reason Blizzard is putting so much emphasis on the Horde druid end is because they actually want them to have some proper representation there. There being more Paladins on Alliance and Shammys on Horde is by design to represent their faction ties but Druids were never supposed to shift this far into the Alliances favour. Is wanting more even representation really such a bad thing?

Really if you guys want to get mad at anything you should be getting mad at how poor the selection Alliance got for allied races. We got black Dwarves and pale Draenei, neither of which makes remotely any sense as a druid due to established canon.
    - Lightforged have not had any interaction with Azeroth whatsoever and thus they probably relate to druidism less than any single other playable race.
    - Dark Irons are a sect of Dwarves whose entire culture is based around mechanical industry and black magic. Hell, for the longest time they literally worshipped fire elementals, the living opposite to druidism. It also doesn't help that there is another clan of nature based dwarves who were until very recently their sworn enemies.

This just leaves Void Elves who make just as little sense:
    - Former Blood Elves: Arcane addicts with no concept for preservation of the natural world. In fact, their ancestors were originally driven away from the Night Elves for their incompatibility with that philosophy.
    - Are now primarily associated with the void, an element with nothing in common with nature and its association with the Old Gods, beings who twist reality to their whims and have no concept of respecting the natural order.

A Night Elf subrace is kind off up shit creek because their Allied race is void elves but I would expect when the Worgen end up with one for it to be Druid compatible and in the far future maybe Wildhammer Dwarves.

Tldr: Horde getting more Druid representation in the face of a vast imbalance is not a bad thing. If you want more Druid choices on Ally be mad our Allied race selection is shit, not that they didn't shoe-horn Druids on to races that make absolutely no sense for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    It's very disappointing. Very. 4 horde druid races, versus 2 alliance races. There's no valid reason why void elves can't be given druid class. Other than laziness. "It doesn't fit our theme!" Well change the FUCKING theme, Blizzard. It's like you're saying you don't have total creative control over your own damn game.
    If only it were possible to add further Allied races in the future; some of them possibly with Druids available. Too bad it's impossible though, right?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    If only it were possible to add further Allied races in the future; some of them possibly with Druids available. Too bad it's impossible though, right?
    Pretty much. The Allied races we got don't work as Druids. If you're mad be mad at that and fight for compatible ones in the future. We still likely have 3 more to go for the other 3 allys later on this expansion.

I hope its more than just travel form. Can you imagine triceratops tank form :0

Quote Originally Posted by Meteox View Post
    Cheetah all the way, my friends.
    +10
    Request of new high-poly Cheetah model !

p.s. This is not all allied races that will be avaliable during BfA, they said they will add more with content patchs, so Alliance may get their Druid-Allied-Races just a bit later during Expansion.
    Last edited by TorikSAn; 2017-11-10 at 07:21 AM.