Thread: Thrall in BFA

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

Thrall in BFA

So we know he's going to be a main character in BFA again and I saw this image:

Anyone notice something about Thrall here? His hair seems to have magically grown back already. Is it possible that Thrall is finally ready to return and reclaim his throne? All he needs is some armor and a certain artifact weapon back.

It would not surprise me if Thrall takes over if blizz does decide to kill off Sylvanas.

I feel we may be going into maybe reset mode and what with Classic coming up where Thrall is Warchief they may want to end the game with him being warchief.

I saw the Jessie Cox video where he was playing BfA and he asked Ian if Thrall gets the Doomhammer back, and he said yes sooo
    "It really do be like that sometimes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Chizitzz View Post
    I saw the Jessie Cox video where he was playing BfA and he asked Ian if Thrall gets the Doomhammer back, and he said yes sooo
    I had a feeling he was being ironic there about that "*slap* gimme back my wep" and used it just as an example.

No Thrall Warchief! Also, hee cheated in mak'gora, he has no right to lead.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I had a feeling he was being ironic there about that "*slap* gimme back my wep" and used it just as an example.

Lol no, the thing about mak’gora is that the challengers make the rules. They didn’t set any rules, it was smack on sight lol
    "It really do be like that sometimes..."

It does not take magic to grow back your hair though.. On the topic, I think Blizzard needs to slowly introduce Thrall back to the place where his character shines which is with the horde.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-10 at 06:45 AM.

I think they might've just used an old model, though it has been alot of time since he was bald

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It does not take magic to grow back your hair though.. On the topic, I think Blizzard needs to slowly introduce Thrall back to the place where his character shines which is with the horde.
    Yes it is but fuck him being a warchief again without actually realising he fucked everything up in the first place. He invited the Forsaken into the Horde, kept the Goblin leader despite none of the Goblins wanting him and even gave the Horde over to its worst warchief ever despite everyone else's objections (including the fucking guy he appointed the position to!) and didn't even acknowledge it when he killed said character. Any attempt to reinstate Thrall in Horde affairs needs to be underscord by him realising he's actually a pretty fucking shit leader at times and needs to work on it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    It would not surprise me if Thrall takes over if blizz does decide to kill off Sylvanas.

I feel we may be going into maybe reset mode and what with Classic coming up where Thrall is Warchief they may want to end the game with him being warchief.
    Also Anduin being the leader of the Alliance. He has that classic Alliance king look to him that you never had with Varian because of everything Varian went through. I think Varian is by far the best leader that any of the factions have had in Warcraft (That's why he lasted so long and had Gul'dan not killed him he would have been king for many more years) but he never really fully embraced what the Alliance was as far as appearance wise. No bright colors, he wasn't known as a lion, and he would fight as if he was one of the soldiers. Almost like an Orc actually. Just less savage. Anduin is exactly what you would imagine an Alliance king to look like had you never seen Varian before.

Plus, that BFA cinematic ended with an iconic shot of a Orc vs a Human so I really could see this expansion ending with it going back to the classic Warcraft style.

Also pretty much all Warcraft characters have returned like the Sons of Lothar (Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, Kurdran, Danath), We got Saurfang getting his biggest role in WoW yet and he is a veteran of all 3 major wars. Maybe they're setting up a potential Warcraft 4. Who knows. I'm not saying that would end WoW but I could see BFA setting up a Warcraft 4 that would be made by another team that would take place in between BFA and the expansion after BFA and the expansion after BFA would be influenced by the events that took place in Warcraft 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It does not take magic to grow back your hair though..
    He was bald in Legion how else would he grow that much hair back? This expansion takes place almost directly after Legion (or even a bit before the stuff on Argus ends since none of these characters were on Argus)

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    I think they might've just used an old model, though it has been alot of time since he was bald
    It's possible but I don't know why they wouldn't use his Legion model to represent him. Even if this was his old model it might have been used to represent a new model that is still in development that resembles his old look more than how he looked in Legion. Which hopefully is the case. Bald retired Thrall without the Doomhammer sucks and I really do think Thrall will get a new model. Everyone seems to be getting a new model and Thrall is Blizz's favorite character so I imagine he's a priority.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-10 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Plus, that BFA cinematic ended with an iconic shot of a Orc vs a Human so I really could see this expansion ending with it going back to the classic Warcraft style.
    Wasn't that just a shout out to the WC3 cinematic? I don't quite remember it but I felt like that was an exact picture from the intro where the footman and grunt fight before the infernal hits.

He was bald in Legion how else would he grow that much hair back? This expansion takes place almost directly after Legion (or even a bit before the stuff on Argus ends since none of these characters were on Argus)
    Not that directly after Argus events, I think the novel piece we got stated it's been a short time, but some time, after victory over Sargeras. Enough time to discover Azurite's properties, burning of Teldrassil and stuff like Desolate council appearing with Sylvanas getting bored in Orgrimmar as well.
    S.H.

I think that the whole Vol'Jin line will result in Thrall reinstated as Warchief.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Wasn't that just a shout out to the WC3 cinematic? I don't quite remember it but I felt like that was an exact picture from the intro where the footman and grunt fight before the infernal hits.
    It's clearly a shoutout to the duel but it doesn't really look like it either unless you use your imagination a bit. They couldn't have pulled off that badass stuff back in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I think that the whole Vol'Jin line will result in Thrall reinstated as Warchief.
    I actually believe that's why Vol'jin made her warchief. He wanted to put eyes on her, he wanted her to fail and he knew if it got bad enough that eventually Thrall would have to return.

Not that directly after Argus events, I think the novel piece we got stated it's been a short time, but some time, after victory over Sargeras. Enough time to discover Azurite's properties, burning of Teldrassil and stuff like Desolate council appearing with Sylvanas getting bored in Orgrimmar as well.
    But it would take years to get Thrall length from being bald. lol.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-10 at 07:31 AM.

Blaming Thrall for using his shamanistic power in mak'gora,is like blaming a mage for using his abilities in 1 vs 1 duel. "Y U FIGHT WITH STAFF,MAGIC IS FOR COWARDS!"

Deleted
    BTW that Thrall model looks old especially next to Anduin's armor. I think they haven't finished his BfA model yet and just threw up his Cata one on the picture. He will probably be updated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is Blizz's favorite character so I imagine he's a priority.
    Dont be so sure of that... he was best meltzen's son, now just a legendary npc like anduin and anothers

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Thrall will come back, but not as Warchief and not as Leader of the Earthen Ring but as an Ambassador of sorts for the Horde the same fate that'll likely befall Jaina. Both Thrall, Vol'jin (Ghost), and Jaina will team up to restore peace to Azeroth. But that's my idea. I do think Thrall will get his hair and Doomhammer back though.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope Thrall will die in agony in BfA, he deserve it since Cataclysm.

So we know he's going to be a main character in BFA again and I saw this image:

Anyone notice something about Thrall here? His hair seems to have magically grown back already. Is it possible that Thrall is finally ready to return and reclaim his throne? All he needs is some armor and a certain artifact weapon back.
    /facepalm

It's just the MoP model dude. Also hair grows over time, doesn't take magic.

Metzen who is Thrall's voice actor and probably writer, is retired. They will kill Thrall off to spark some sweet faction drama.

That's his Cataclysm era model, which is odd since he got a new one for WoD. With the rest having their latest models, a betting man would wager Thrall's depiction in that image to be a hint for yet another model revamp. I'd welcome it, since the hippy style is too much and the hybrid just looked silly. Bring on the full doom-armor set and unleash Thrall on the battlefield.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?