Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    WoD will be a super joke, go straight to Spires and chug that exp potion
    Yeah, one zone and done in a half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    If they did that - it would instantly kill soloing old raids above lvl60 as everything would be scaled up to 110. At 120 most people will still not be able to solo lvl110 raids. Suddenly Kara, Maggy, Gruul, BT, SSC, TK will be pretty much un-solable for most people still. I think that would cause a LOT of bad feeling (not to mention maybe a significant loss of those who play for soloing old raids.

Also it would be rather weird I think to get to lvl60 and go straight to Broken Isles.... maybe not but sounds like it to me.
    Raids are completely unaffected by all this anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Compared to shitty-cut-scene-and-bad-story-filled MoP? I never want to do MoP zones ever again, they are the worst.

Harrison Jones in Cata, man, that shit was so much better than emo Sha's and out of nowhere pandas that never fit warcraft and were put in as a joke in WC3.
    I respect your wrong opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It is. No dungeon/raid is affected.
    Dungeons are affected by the scaling as well, but not raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    I respect your wrong opinion.
    It's okay, you go have fun in Kunlai Vomit.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Take off heirlooms and don't rest in an inn.
    That'll cut down xp a fair amount so you can do more zones in MoP from 80-90.

When WoD hits, though, rest up, get the 1hr xp pots, scrounge up some 15min super xp pots, and get it over with as fast as possible.
    That's the only way I can make it through that slog...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    Why? WoD was/is the most stupidly easy leveling spot in the game. Fly around and collect treasures. You don't even have to kill things. I thought people liked this easy and fast leveling stuff.
    Mostly because WoD is fairly new. I "just" pushed 10 characters past those leveling zones. Pandaria was ages ago and cata came before that. I pretty much forgot everything about cata quests and the few bits I remember have gained this hint of nostalgia. WoD just feels like "that shit againt right now.

Meh, this whole thing is so weird. They finally did something about the bad questing experience in one half of the game and didn't go through on the other side. It's like they were baking two cakes every year and decided against adding 4 cups of pickle water to the first cakes dough. And it was a great idea. Then, for the second cake, they went: "Well maybe we keep 2 cups of pickle water."
    Last edited by SteakAndAlePie; 2017-11-09 at 07:46 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Yeah that's stupid... and even legion stays the same at 100-110.

tbh I just wish that you could do any xpac zone/dungeon in the 60-110 range
    Me too, thx!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they chose these level brackets because it's a compromise. If you make all the expansions interchangeable the story gets even worse. It makes no sense to do MoP before the Cataclysm, because Pandaria was only opened up to the world because of the Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id prefer everything tp Cata's shitty locations. And not only the Hyjal and Highshit but the Vash too! I hate them!

Cata has good zones, just not all of them. twilight highlands and uldum are both great and deepholm still beats most MoP zones. For mop I'd say valley of the four winds is decent, but the rest should be avoided as much as possible, maybe karasang is okay as a last resort.

Keep in mind if they don't add pre-90 flying to MoP it should just be avoided all together, not only is it overall slower to be grounded but MoP flight paths are just the worst thing ever.

It is. No dungeon/raid is affected.
    Raids yes, but they explicitly included dungeons as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you point to where it says this?

My understanding is this change is only to the outdoor world zones, since you already GET new dungeons unlocking every few levels. You don't outlevel the dungeon before you finish it, even using RAF, so changing the dungeons would be silly and unnecessary.
    Deep Dive panel. Not that it is a big change, dungeons had scaling long before the open world.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's still time to change this, and I think it would probably be a fairly trivial change, technically (certainly to extend Cata and MoP to 100 would be - albeit no way Cata has the quests to support that), so I would suggest it to Blizzard on the official forums, Twitter of appropriate Blizzard people, and so on.

I'd really like to see the same - and Legion ideally, but that may be more technically challenging.

We'd need a way to turn it off, though. Which is I suspect why they didn't do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    So, the scaling will work like this: Cata + MoP [80-90], WoD [90-100] which isn't really helping a lot. 10 levels will be roughly enough to finish one questing zone when sprinkeled with occasional dungeons while leaving rarely played content still fairly unplayable due to outleveling, which they tried to prevent with this change. On the flipside we still need to do the WoD zones on pace despite them being incredibly current still and as such worn out?

Why isn't it WoD included in the bracket? Why can't I level to 100 in Pandaria? I'd love to do this again without being ejected a quater way through and forced to do WoD leveling zones for the 10th time in 4 years -.-

This problem is especially pronounced by cata and mop being 5 levels each, which, after the recent EXP squishes do feel like 5 levels on the normal scale and not like 10 levels, as they did during their respective current era.
    It's really not up for discussion though outside of opinions. Players have asked for this for years. So it's satisfying a good chunk of the player base as well as anyone who is leveling up the sub races.

The content and story in WOD and Legion is paced for 90-100 and 100-110. With heirlooms the older content is not anywhere close in pace to what it used to be, thus the change.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I was really hoping I'd be able to skip over Draenor entirely in the future, I can't stand any of those zones.
    It's iffy because if I could do draenor at a very early level I could just buy a ton of those potions that work up to level 99 and give a 20% xp boost. Overpowered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

At least you can do different zones with different alts, I know my plan at least (If only I didn't have 5 chars already...)

Alt 1 = Un'goro, Stonetalon, Tanaris (Ding 60). Icecrown, Storm Peak (Ding 80). Deepholm (Ding 90). WoD
    Alt 2 = Tirisfal Glade, WPL, EPL (Ding 60). Nagrand, SMV (Ding 80). Uldum (Ding 90). WoD
    Alt 3 = North and South Stranglethorn Vale, Blasted Land (Ding 60). Dragonblight, Grizzly Hill (Ding 80). Twilight Highland (Ding 90). WoD

You get to enjoy the whole world and see all the quests...provided you play multiple characters and level them in different zones. It's kinda similar to Legion Class Order Campaign somewhat, want to see the whole picture? Play multiple characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's iffy because if I could do draenor at a very early level I could just buy a ton of those potions that work up to level 99 and give a 20% xp boost. Overpowered?
    don't you need to be level 91 or 92 to even use them? If not that's a simple fix anyway

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    At least you can do different zones with different alts, I know my plan at least (If only I didn't have 5 chars already...)

Alt 1 = Un'goro, Stonetalon, Tanaris (Ding 60). Icecrown, Storm Peak (Ding 80). Deepholm (Ding 90). WoD
    Alt 2 = Tirisfal Glade, WPL, EPL (Ding 60). Nagrand, SMV (Ding 80). Uldum (Ding 90). WoD
    Alt 3 = North and South Stranglethorn Vale, Blasted Land (Ding 60). Dragonblight, Grizzly Hill (Ding 80). Twilight Highland (Ding 90). WoD

You get to enjoy the whole world and see all the quests...provided you play multiple characters and level them in different zones. It's kinda similar to Legion Class Order Campaign somewhat, want to see the whole picture? Play multiple characters.
    How will you ding 60 in 3 zones?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    How will you ding 60 in 3 zones?
    That's a loose estimate, and a very generous one at that. By doing one random daily dungeon + Queue specific dungeon (That has Quests in it), My shaman hit 60 in 2 days, after clearing Stonetalon (I stayed even after the Quests becomes Grey because I want to see Garrosh toss Krom'gar off the cliff), Un'goro, 3 Quests in Tanaris and around 6 Quests in Azshara.

I didn't even do all dungeons. Never got lucky with RFK and ZF until they become grey.

Edit: I didn't use any xp boost potions, only Heirlooms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I was really hoping I'd be able to skip over Draenor entirely in the future, I can't stand any of those zones.
    you can! level by pet pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    So, the scaling will work like this: Cata + MoP [80-90], WoD [90-100] which isn't really helping ME a lot.
    its because blizzard decide that way. if you dont like it stop paying them, simple.