10+ Year Old Account

Worgen and Goblins getting the ability to be Monks too?

I was looking at the Battle for Azeroth page, particularly about the Allied Races and it looks like they can be Monks...Can Worgen and Goblins be monks this time around? Anyone know?

So far Blizzard didn't say anything about new class / race combos and even kinda hinted allied races fill this gap, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up. They didn't say anything certain though and last time they announced gnome hunters it was much later than the expansion announcement and on Blizzcon they just joked "you're getting 2 new class / race combos: belf DH and nelf DH", so they did add something later than the initial announcement.

Still not sure why void elves and nightborne can be monks, but not lightforged draenei...

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen or heard of any kind of announcement for them, and I don't feel like they would fit as monks either. Kind of lack the whole inner peace thing.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by RotDog View Post
    I haven't seen or heard of any kind of announcement for them, and I don't feel like they would fit as monks either. Kind of lack the whole inner peace thing.
    Except for that whole starting experience where Worgen are required to find their inner balance to tame the beast within?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most the races who can be monks don't make any sense, I say make em like priests and warriors and give the class to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Most the races who can be monks don't make any sense, I say make em like priests and warriors and give the class to everyone.
    Blood elves couldn't be warriors until Cataclysm. Orcs still can't be priests.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

they will almost definitely be able to be monks once they get model updates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    I was looking at the Battle for Azeroth page, particularly about the Allied Races and it looks like they can be Monks...Can Worgen and Goblins be monks this time around? Anyone know?
    Not all Allied races can be monks and there's not been word of Goblin or Worgen monks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not all Allied races can be monks and there's not been word of Goblin or Worgen monks.
    Aside from the Lightforged, the rest seem to be able to be monks (Void Elf, High Mountain, etc.). No word on Zandalari or Dark Iron yet. I'm just wondering if they're going to let Worgen and Goblins finally be monks...there is no lore reason why they couldn't be monks anymore if Void Elves and High Mountain Tauren can be.