Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Where the change has a negative consequence on what Vanilla offers.

Looking for group ruins Vanilla's sense of community.

Flying ruins world PvP.

Dual spec ruins what exactly? Most players aren't going to spend 1000g respeccing in Vanilla, so it's not like you're handing out a freebie. You wouldn't be making the game less grindy, if anything you'd make it more grindy.

I've played on REDACTED for almost 1 year and my talent respec is at 25g. So I spent maybe 125g on respecs. But I would be willing to spend 1000 to make my PvE/PvP life easier because having to respec when you want to PvP is annoying as shit.
    Duel specs ruins that experience in dungeons where the healer all of a sudden needs dps gear because "my offspec" Or the arms warrior needs on the tanks gear because "I off tank sorry i didnt mention i was gona need on tank gear at the start of the run I probably should have made that clear"

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Duel specs ruins that experience in dungeons where the healer all of a sudden needs dps gear because "my offspec" Or the arms warrior needs on the tanks gear because "I off tank sorry i didnt mention i was gona need on tank gear at the start of the run I probably should have made that clear"
    It's one of the poorest arguments against it, when that happens regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I definitely do not under any circumstances want dual spec... one of the major drawcards for me is being more locked and invested in your spec than you are these days. The quickly-increasing respec costs are perfect.
    You mean the character and spec identity? The one that healers and tanks must abandon any time they need to grind something, and make an alt character to do so? Or assume the identity of Chinese bot, following herb/ore routes to farm gold, so they can buy what they otherwise can't grind.

Yup, some great character identity and development. Any time it needs something it can't get, it's glorified botter, or is abandoned for dps alt for the farming duration. Much to be proud of.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-11-10 at 02:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    IIRC, wasn't dual-speccing introduced in Wrath?

If so, it wouldn't be Classic. So nope! No Dual-specs for you!
    No dual spec. Respec costs quite a bit of gold. Learn to farm. Welcome to vanilla.

People that are fresh 60 aren't going to have Dual Spec. 1000g is A SHITLOAD of money by the time you have a mount, raid gear and 1000g for it you'll already be in a guild and will do guild runs or you won't need dungeon gear anymore.

For instance I am part of a solid raiding guild that cleared all content on launch day ( waiting for AQ now ) and I still don't have an epic mount because I am too lazy to farm and think it's a gold sink that's not worth it. But I'd chug 1000g for dual spec because that shit is really useful. I'd be able to switch between MM ( party DPS ) and Survival ( solo DPS ) based on our comp.

It would help us enormously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    No dual spec. Respec costs quite a bit of gold. Learn to farm. Welcome to vanilla.
    There is a difference between difficulty and annoyance and I know of no one who raids and PvPs. Or if they raid they PvP with their raid spec. No one wants to spend 50g or more a week just to respec.

If people aren't using a feature it's a bad feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldnt be vanilla then would it
    Your right. It would be "Vanilla: Better"
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

dual spec? no
    shit like making boar penises's stack higher than 5 per slot, sure
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Why did Allan brack talk about ice cream and vanilla leading up to the announcement? *thinking face*
    Dont really care, Its called "World of Warcraft: Classic" not Vanilla.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    In Vanilla you only had one option for healer and tank... Priest and Warrior. Every other "healer" had different tasks (decursing, dispelling, cleansing and keeping buffs active), same with tanks... Warriors were the only ones with threat generation and defensive abilities... you could in a pinch have a Feral Druid go in bear form and pick up some adds but they weren't tanks.

Either people have forgotten what Vanilla classes/specs were like or they didn't play... (no private servers doesn't count...)
    Holy Paladin that managed to clear 2 wings of Naxx 40 as a reroll after AQ hit. But please tell me that I was nothing more than a buffbot for a buff that only increased Paladin Healing on my raid and cleanse machine when I was able to heal longer than any of my Priests and for a just as much because of BoL working on my downranked heals.

Go back to the General Discussion where you belong.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

you are not gonna have it vanilla means 1 talent spec or it isn't vanilla is it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    To be fair, I've always thought that DK should have come with Naxxramas patch.
    Yeah me too tbh. It's ok though I'll roll a warrior and xmog him.

Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    Nope. They wont. You all begged and begged for "Vanilla", so Vanilla you will get. It will be clunky and not player or spec friendly, just as it was. Being unable to play what spec you liked, not having gold, not being able to purchase a mount/riding skill was part of the experience.
    Vanilla was/is not what everyone so fondly remembers, it was very difficult to do things due to the tremendous time investment.
    That's actually what we fondly remember. Achieving things used to mean something

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's extremely annoying to have to pay 50g to respec between raid nights and arena nights.
    That's okay - no arenas in vanilla, so you won't need to respec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You mean the character and spec identity? The one that healers and tanks must abandon any time they need to grind something, and make an alt character to do so? Or assume the identity of Chinese bot, following herb/ore routes to farm gold, so they can buy what they otherwise can't grind.
    I don't buy this for tanks at all, seeing as 'tank' really means 'prot warrior', and their DPS was comparable to that of most hybrid classes DPS specs. I don't buy it that much for healers either, because their DPS wasn't much worse than their DPS builds either (and unless you were really serious about progression you could afford to take a few non-healing talents to improve your ability to zap things). Now, later on when +spell damage and +healing gear became a thing a healer's gear set would suck for DPS and vice versa, but that wasn't the case for most of vanilla.

Your argument doesn't have a lot of value until TBC, when the extra depth in the trees made the difference between healer and DPS and tank stronger (and there was more of an attempt to make hybrid DPS specs actually useful for levelling and soloing), and from LK onwards, sure (but from late LK onwards we had dual-specs). Vanilla it really doesn't stand up.

as blizz stated in th QnA.....no

Dual Spec existed in Vanilla.

It just costed 10s, then 50s, then 1g, then 5g, then 10g, then 20g, then 25g, then 40g, then 50g and 50g and 50g and 50g and 50g.

If you want Blizzard holding your hand. You don't want to play Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    Then its not classic so there is no point.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Don’t play vanilla if you can’t handle how tough it was then. We want Vanilla, no QoL. Go play Battle for Cuckcraft

there was Dual Spec in Vanilla. But you guys have no idea about Vanilla. Minimum 100 days to level up a character to 60. Also NPC not so easy to defeat. You need to group up. When you reach around 40-45 you will have headaches to reach max from there. The game just slow down.

This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    You should just be honest to yourelf and realize YOU DONT WANT CLASSIC!
    It is totally understandable and im sure most people will have to learn it the hard way that their nostalgic hype will face the hard reality soon enough.

When everyone lost their shit when that guy said "You think you want vanilla servers, but you dont". At this rate you may as well just have vanilla time walking.

I played vanilla when strat scholo and brd were ten man's, and ubrs was 15 man, i raided like that for a long time, is vanilla no longer vanilla if it makes those 5 man like it did later on forcing our guilds community to go through major issues? Or is it vanilla when it's 10 man? Which one is authentically more vanilla? This argument is so arbitrary and about muh feels it really blows away any comprehension on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Loot a blood of the heroes then, there's pain and suffering, and straight exclusion, so you want to Larp or have an actual player base you can retain?
    both dungeon changes happened in vanilla, multispecc did not. Is it that hard to comprehend?