Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, butchering and pruning the classes down to almost nothing was.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I didn't say WoW is a 2D indie game so stop twisting my words. And those measures weren't enough, you could still avoid them rather easily.

And what the hell does flying add to exploration? A lot of empty air to navigate through in a straight line? Or like Storm Peaks where it's just an attunement-esque feature? All you fucking said is that 3D > 2D exploration but didn't expand on it, and that doesn't make sense since like you said, WoW is a 3D game. There are mountains to climb, valley to descend, etc..

So who's being disingenuous? And speak for yourself on whether I convince anyone or not.
    I don't understand why 3D exploration isn't prefered in a game using three dimensions. It makes total sense to utilize it as part of the level design as we see it in zones of TBC and WotLK. The countermeasures were there in TBC but mostly lacking in WotLK which meant you just taxied like you would on a fp from A to B with no danger. I understand it's a bit more challenging to design the world with flying in mind but imo it's worth it opposed to the 2D mazes which are perfectly fine when they make sense (underground/dungeons) but quickly become tiring when you're just questing and leveling and doing the same thing you would if you had flying. Ignoring the world around you and travelling from A to B training mobs behind you and navigating as directly as possible to your objective. They never gave flying combat the time and love needed to see it through even though it was on the box art of WotLK. I don't see why it's not worth exploring again if they're going to keep making flying a thing anyhow going forwards.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I remember the announcement on flying mounts there was no footage of them just an advertising title during TBC "FLYING MOUNTS" I honestly died on the inside when I heard this.

The worst thing Blizzard did was releasing an expansion which is basically a separate client that removed Azeroth from existence with that single move that deleted so much content, Also at the time raising the level cap was silly and still is every expansion kiss your progress goodbye.

So now that Classic WoW has become a thing, does that mean that all the idiots also have to revive all their stupid bullshit topics they went through in the last 10 years?

HEY WOW LET'S WHINE ABOUT FLYING MOUNTS AGAIN. Really? You people seriously need help.

No, flying was one of the best features they ever added.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Why are all these folks suddenly emerging from the woodwork with less than 100 posts talking about vanilla.
    We have played WoW 10 years ago, when you know, it was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I personally feel the Legion approach has been a happy medium for flight.
    What?

First, flight is restricted... Then we get flight... And then it's restricted again? And the expansion is far from over..

Legion is the WORST flying experience since Vanilla..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    wtf with these haters these days. you cant pet battle and thats why its bad?
    What do you mean by 'you can't pet battle'?

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    Pet battles to me is something I never intend to touch, and don't find interesting at all...
    Thats why i do not like it.
    Add a few pets with existing models in random places and link them to world quests = exciting new content every patch.

A game 13-years strong, has done very litle wrong - that`s the big picture. But there will allways be whiners, cry babies and snowflakes, that insisit on paying for a game they apparently hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epileptica View Post
    that insisit on paying for a game they apparently hate.
    Plenty of people are not playing this game since like 10 years, those with new accounts are only here because of classic announcement.

Deleted
    You can say what you want but one of the main reasons I returned to WoW during TBC (quit in vanilla) was because I saw how awesome flying was. The way it was implemented (level requirement to fly) was good. I'm not sure why some people have such a huge issue with it.

No. Flying mounts - are big part of replayability of game, that made it extremely successful back in TBC/WotLK times. There is short period of exploration, when new xpack/content patch is released. As for me, this period usually lasts for not longer, than one month. Usually it's just about doing Loremaster. (We don't count Suramar here, as it was artificially stretched via time-gating) As soon, as I start to do repetitive content - flying starts to be needed. After that "complex terrain" - is nothing more, than time waste. I.e. when I have to do quest and more than half of time is being wasted on getting from point A to point B - it just makes me sick and kills all my desire to play this game any further.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    Yes, flying was one of the worst things Blizzard ever done. Like LFD killed realm communities almost over night, flying removed a massive social aspect from the game. I said it at the time, this was a slippery slope but no one listened.

You can see Blizzard trying to backtrack over their mistake by not allowing people to fly until mid-way through expansions now. Sadly Pandora's box is open and you can't stuff the drooling morons back in the box.
    I'm sorry I should have listened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What do you mean by 'you can't pet battle'?

Thats why i do not like it.
    Add a few pets with existing models in random places and link them to world quests = exciting new content every patch.
    That doesn't make it a bad addition. I don't raid, doesn't mean raiding is a bad addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No it wasn't..

Restricting flight after it was implemented, was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.
    No it wasn't.

Selling flight for gold was the worst thing implemented. Should've been behind a questline at first, and then Pathfinder. Was too easy to get in the end of The Burning Crusade.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

flying mounts is a blessing , stop it already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It was bad decision but not the worst. LFR/pet and a few more things battles are much worse.
    Just because you don't know how to pet battle doesn't make something so minor and optional to be the worst.

As for LFR, not going there, some people chant this to be the devil's work while I don't mind it nor do I love it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Nope, it wasn't.

Don't be lame and believe the developer's stupid immersion excuse for no flying, they just want more time sinks and grinds to create a false front of player activity in order to report to their masters.

I don't think adding flight was the problem, it's the OPness of the flying mechanic that makes it a problem. I don't think a fatigue bar or cooldown is a good solution, but something like that is needed. If flight were actually balanced we wouldn't need flight or non flight areas.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-11-10 at 08:47 AM.