Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    That doesn't make it a bad addition. I don't raid, doesn't mean raiding is a bad addition.
    Raiding is WoW feature since start. Pets battles are here since... uhh... Pandas if i am not wrong?
    So how can you say that raids are just addition to the game??

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Just because you don't know how to pet battle doesn't make something so minor and optional to be the worst.
    Again: why do people think i have no idea about pet battles and how to use them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Again: why do people think i have no idea about pet battles and how to use them?
    My apologies but that is where the main complaints of the pet battles hail from. As any else, has no reason, as they don't do anything game breaking nor forced.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you're an achievement whore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Flying way faster than ground mount is more problematic.
    We should have stayed with the 60%. Use it to pass chaotic places, or for the show. And mostly keep using the 100% ground and fly paths.
    A bonus speed for ground mounts on roads like 150/200% would have benn nice. And keep 100% outside roads.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2017-11-10 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No it wasn't..

Restricting flight after it was implemented, was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.
    This guy gets it.

Cancer post.Just like the "WOW is dying" posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    My apologies but that is where the main complaints of the pet battles hail from.
    I've tried it once (wanted to finish all bosses in old Brawler's Guild) and will never do it again.
    Not liking something =/= not knowing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried it once (wanted to finish all bosses in old Brawler's Guild) and will never do it again.
    Not liking something =/= not knowing it.
    As I stated, most complaints are either due to not understanding it or knowing knowing how to do it. If you felt hurt by this statement, I refer you to my previous comment of apology.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    No it wasn't..

Restricting flight after it was implemented, was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.
    This guy destroyed your thread in the second post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Characters are supposed to be snowflakes. Their achievements shouldn't be shared to random noob alts that have yet to earn anything. Way to kill the RPG element.
    well lil'snowflake important achivements (pvp/mythic) arent shared.

- - - Updated - - -

Add a few pets with existing models in random places and link them to world quests = exciting new content every patch.
    So you hate on content you dont have to do, damn you rly hate everyone else aexcept yourself dont you? how dare other people having fun with something YOU dont like

- - - Updated - - -

because pet battles are done by more people than raids.
    and now let your hate flow

- - - Updated - - -

What? Brawlers Guild != Pet Battles....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So you hate on content you dont have to do, damn you rly hate everyone else aexcept yourself dont you? how dare other people having fun with something YOU dont like
    No. I just think that pet battles were worse idea than flying mounts.
    For me updating 'this feature' every patch is waste of resources and do not care about others having fun with it or not. Just MY point of view.

because pet battles are done by more people than raids.
    Show me confirmed statistics.

and now let your hate flow
    I do not see hate in my comments. I would call it skepticism.
    Using '' everywhere will not make yours better tho.

What? Brawlers Guild != Pet Battles....
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32849

7+ Year Old Account
    I think topic of flying is a never ending loop.

Flying is here to stay weather you like it or not....

TBC - It was new and refreshing, yet a luxury since it was quite expensive to obtain skill + mounts.

WotLK - Northrend was designed around flying, certain zones / places were only accessible if you could fly.

Cataclysm - Flying was possible as soon as you hit max level if I remember correctly, this is where it started going down hill for me.

And since then, they have implemented flying in systematical manner via questing and achievements.

Deleted
    Raiding is WoW feature since start. Pets battles are here since... uhh... Pandas if i am not wrong?
    That wasn't really the point, it's not about when it was added, it's about criticism of something just because it's not what you like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    Yes, flying was one of the worst things Blizzard ever done. Like LFD killed realm communities almost over night, flying removed a massive social aspect from the game. I said it at the time, this was a slippery slope but no one listened.

You can see Blizzard trying to backtrack over their mistake by not allowing people to fly until mid-way through expansions now. Sadly Pandora's box is open and you can't stuff the drooling morons back in the box.
    i don't mind being a drooling moron as long as i am a FLYING drooling moron. kthxbai

No it wasn't..

and they still get away with it

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    I've thought this for a while but having leveled up through Pandaria it really hit home with me. There were a few times where I was frustrated and wished I could just fly to an area, but it got me thinking that I would never get that feeling if flying was never in the game in the first place. The game is just so much more engaging if you're looking at it from the ground. When leveling to 90 I had to look where I was going, think about my route to a questing area, figure out the best order to do the quests, etc. Once I hit 90, I just picked up a quest, mounted up, point myself in the right direction, and hit num lock. When you're on a regular mount you notice and appreciate the surroundings. When you're flying, you just notice the yellow arrow telling you where to go.
    I don't dispute what you're saying here. However its validity does not extend indefinitely into the life of content. If all you wanted to do in WoW was go through the questlines then sure, I agree, flying detracts from that experience. But once the questing process is finished and you've explored the world, then trying to do repeatable content starts to become tedious without flying.

The issue here really is that people simply don't enjoy repeatable content that is being repeated for the nth time nearly as much as they enjoy new content. This is only natural and intuitive. And because they tend to experience repeat content while flying, it is easy to mistake correlation for causation. Even Blizzard themselves are stuck in this mindset. But it's pretty sad IMO because flying, implemented when it should be implemented, is actually part of the solution, not the problem.

Crying about flying never gets old. That's like saying you wouldn't be a fat virgin slob if the cars were never invented because then you would walk and meet gurls hurr durr.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Don't be lame and believe the developer's stupid immersion excuse for no flying, they just want more time sinks and grinds to create a false front of player activity in order to report to their masters.
    Don't be lame and come up with convoluted conspiracy theories when a simple explanation suffices.

Flying does break immersion. It's that obvious that it shouldn't even require further elaboration. The problem is that Blizzard don't seem to understand that too much immersion can become a bad thing.

It was the best thing they ever added. The most memorable zones, the Storm Peaks, Icecrown, Uldum, Twilight Highlands, etc, were all designed with flying in mind.

Deleted
    For sure worst decision without doubt, too late removing it now though. What they can do is to introduce mounted combat and make the world dangerous for flyers. You can equip special weapons that is usable only in flying and then you can add weapons for your mount, maybe flames for your dragon mount etc. Armor that decrease your chance from being demounted etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correction; listening to the community was the worst thing Blizzard ever did with WoW for most aspects of the game.