Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Battle for Azeroth - Discussion/Changes ALPHA

As the title says, what are your hopes for monks next expansion? They said they aren't doing any drastic changes for classes this expansion so I expect monks to play similarly to how they do now.

Things that we do know so far:
    - leg sweep nerfed to a 3 second stun from 5
    - magic Damage on stagger being reduced from 40% effectiveness to 20%
    - hot blooded trait is becoming a passive on breath of fire

No changes that I could find on the other specs so far and obviously things can change. The alpha isn't even out yet. The changes so far make me a little sad but getting the hot blooded trait as a passive will be nice.

It's too early to even talk about those changes, but they're kinda expected. All tanks lost their magic mitigation, even warriors with their Ignore Pain nerf buff change. Bear's got new FR as well. And even Paladin's Shield of the Righteousness became "+armor" instead of "reduced damage".
    I feel like magic damage becomes "press save CD here" or "it's a healer's problem" thing.

Leg Sweep nerf is understandable. 5 seconds is just too damn good for 45 seconds cd.

I'm actually happy that they're not making big changes. As a player who leveled and geared all tanks in the game I really like how different tanks are right now and how they're so close in their performance. Little tweaks here and there is all we need.

Can't really talk about WW and MW as I don't play them as much as my BRM. But I find MW kinda boring tho.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-11-08 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    AoE stuns are probably going to be nerfed on every class (I see this as m+ change)
    Magic DR is taking a hit too since tanks are getting +armor on Active Mitigation abilities.
    Warrior got some duration on shield wall reduced so I guess we may expect even strong DR ability duration nerf

We know class specific buffs are comming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty early to be talking about class updates for BFA honestly, the game's not even in beta yet. BUT I'm hoping that they finally figure out what they want from WW as a spec because since MoP launch it's changed more often than any other class has. I'm also hoping that they give MW a bit more TLC when it comes to spell scaling compared to other healers, Revival while it's an instant cast it heals for much less than every other raid heal CD. BrM seems fine in it's current form imo, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like the T20 set bonuses, even if weaker, to become a passive thing to help with self sustain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see some change/removal for SEF as our primary CD. It's still clunky. Personally I'd like to see something like Serenity become baseline instead.

For BrM, I'd like to see them change back at least a bit to the MoP/WoD style. I'm not a fan of the meatshield style in Legion. I'd like to see shuffle brought back in some way.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Raern View Post
    As the title says, what are your hopes for monks next expansion? They said they aren't doing any drastic changes for classes this expansion so I expect monks to play similarly to how they do now.

Things that we do know so far:
    - leg sweep nerfed to a 3 second stun from 5
    - magic Damage on stagger being reduced from 40% effectiveness to 20%
    - hot blooded trait is becoming a passive on breath of fire

No changes that I could find on the other specs so far and obviously things can change. The alpha isn't even out yet. The changes so far make me a little sad but getting the hot blooded trait as a passive will be nice.
    i believe purify went from 40% to 50% as well

Deleted
    I want them to let me play goblin monks.... that's all.

Deleted
    As I've said countless times for current monk,same goes for BfA monk: Talent diversity for WW! Right now only T6 and T7 offer gameplay choises (ignore the balance of them). I dont understand why we have a "movement tier",Celerity can either baked into baseline roll or get removed. T3 is also boring af. Half of the specs have interesting choises in 5 out of their 7 tiers. I want that to my monk too.

Also for Monk in general I would love for some kind of utility. A reason for people to say "hey bring your monk,we need her".3 months ago I rerolled to my DK,unholy in raids,blood in my mythic plus,but for antorus I'm thinking to roll back to my monkey and I know my mythic plus group is not happy that they will lose my blood dk tanking cause of the 1001 things the later brings.

I've played Windwalker the most, and from my experience, it does have some gameplay flaws that i hope they deal with.
    Aside from addressing the scaling issues for Windwalkers, ofcourse.

The free Blackout Kick proc triggered from Tiger Palm is a relic of the old system.
    Windwalker design has a very deliberate flow, and its fluidity is key.
    More often than not, the proc is wasted or disruptive. It feels very out of place the way it is implemented.

However, this brings me to my next point; Windwalker is TOO streamlined.
    Because of its fluidity, any changes to the rotation are disruptive.
    There is essentially no room for other gameplay options. There are no talents, legendaries or artifact traits that have any reactive or otherwise significant gameplay changes.
    The one talent that offers an additional button is also forced with limitations; Whirling Dragon Punch -> Only usable under specific prerequisites.

A Windwalker play essentially the same in any scenario, with any talent and any legendary. It gets very stale when there are no alternatives or talents that change it up.
    I'm hoping for some sort of "Combo Breaker" ability to replace Strike of the Windlord. Or some proc based ability to react to.
    Last edited by Powell; 2017-11-09 at 03:51 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

-Fix scaling
    -Spice up talent tree
    -remove serenity

my hopes for WW

I'd love to see guard return above all else but idk. So far away. I'm worried about the changes that might happen during antorus right now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I'd love to see guard return above all else but idk. So far away. I'm worried about the changes that might happen during antorus right now.
    i honestly dont think we will end up seeing much in the way of changes for antorus. number changes and such. with no ptr before raid release and changes being made thru hotfixes, i cant imagine we will see much of anything but number tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    This is my biggest hope honestly. Pressing one button for all physical and magical damage reduction has got to be pretty boring for me. I don't mind stagger itself but having that as your only defensive option is pretty old now and I don't think I can main BrM again in BfA if it's the same which it probably will be. A return to a mists or warlords style of play would make me very happy

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    -Fix scaling
    -Spice up talent tree
    -remove serenity

my hopes for WW
    Wants talent tree spiced up.

-> wants a talent that turns your boring flat damage cooldown into something that actually impacts your rotation removed.

I only hope Clash is back..
    And MW will not be the meme spec, the community makes it..

I just want FoF out of rotation... I hate channelling craps

Monk:
    Legacy of the Emperor
    20 Energy, 40 Yard Range, Instant You extol the words of the last emperor, increasing mastery by 54. If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid member will be affected.

Seems good as mastery considered the best stat for most classes (or at least above average). The only thing that bothers me is a flat number while other classes does % stuff like priests 10% stamina or druids 3% versatility.

Source:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275398/c...le-for-azeroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Monk:
    Legacy of the Emperor
    20 Energy, 40 Yard Range, Instant You extol the words of the last emperor, increasing mastery by 54. If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid member will be affected.

Seems good as mastery considered the best stat for most classes (or at least above average). The only thing that bothers me is a flat number while other classes does % stuff like priests 10% stamina or druids 3% versatility.

Source:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275398/c...le-for-azeroth
    Mastery buff has always been like that since mastery became a thing in Cata. It is like that because mastery % is different for everyone.

Technically the crit and versatility buffs could also be flat rating buffs and they would be the same. It is just more clear that way.

Only haste is multiplicative so there the % increase matters.

And I agree. Mastery is good for many so it is good to have it for us.
    Last edited by keqe; 2017-11-10 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I only hope Clash is back..
    Literally came in to say just this.
    I loved the Mists version of Brewmaster and honestly the biggest thing I miss is clash

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Mastery buff has always been like that since mastery became a thing in Cata. It is like that because mastery % is different for everyone.
    You don't need to explain it, that's a given. My concern still holds true. 100 mastery is not the same at the start of the expansion, in the middle of it and at later stages.

This is exactly why prot paladins are constantly complaining about Serpahim being flat increase too. I'm saying "flat" only in terms of skill numbers only. Obviously it goes with everyone's mastery being %s, but comparative power is still different. Let's say mastery gives a spec straightforward +% damage. Giving +10% with a buff would increase player's damage by 10% accordingly, but giving the same 10% mastery to the character who already have 50% mastery would only net him ~6.67% increased damage. It would only get worse down the expansion with occasional spikes with rating inflation changes (if there is any, like in legion).

It's nice that it's universal to all classes unlike rogues 5% to physical, but 5% is still an insane number