Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow the Fox Plush, Collegiate Dungeon Race, Developer Interviews, WoW History

Celebrate the Season 12 Launch Alongside Your Favorite Streamers

Marin's a Pretty Cool Dude - Our Favourite Decks Featuring the Fox

Shadow the Fox Plush Now Available for Purchase
    You can now purchase a Shadow the Fox plush to support disaster relief!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    New Plush: Adopt Shadow and Help Support Disaster Relief Efforts
    Shadow is already with you in Azeroth, but now you can cuddle up to the real thing! Introducing the latest magical World of Warcraft creature up for adoption in the Blizzard Gear Store: a plush version of Shadow the artful fox, based on the void-touched in-game pet. The Shadow plush features a light-up rune and poseable ears, and comes in a collector’s box to keep Shadow safe.

Thanks to you, Blizzard is helping people affected by disasters big and small in the U.S. and around the world. Between November 9, 2017 and December 31, 2017, sales of the plush will help support the American Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies—visit Shadow’s page on the Blizzard Gear Store for more information.

Summon Shadow into your realm today!

The American Red Cross and IFRC names are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion, or political position. For more information about the American Red Cross and the IFRC, please visit redcross.org or ifrc.org.

Collegiate Dungeon Race Playoffs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Watch the Collegiate Dungeon Race Playoffs!
    Watch World of Warcraft Mythic Keystone dungeon race teams compete for a share of $20,000 in scholarship prize money. All matches will be live on Twitch from Thursday 9th through Sunday 12th of November between 5:00—9:00pm PST.

Back in September, Tespa announced The Great Collegiate Dungeon Race, and we’ve already hit the double elimination part of the tournament! As things stand, 16 teams remain—8 teams in the upper bracket (no losses) and 8 in the lower (one loss, and if they lose again will be knocked out)—getting whittled down to 4 teams as we head towards the final.

What’s the Deal?
    • 16 teams remain, with 4 winning teams heading to the single elimination championship bracket
    • Keystones start at 14, bumping up as the tournament progresses
    • The tournament will be broadcast live over all four days
    • Prize pool
      • First place: $2,000 per player
      • Second place: $1,000 per player
      • Third & fourth place: $500 per player

Upper Bracket

Lower Bracket

Where and When?
    • All matches will be streamed live on our World of Warcraft Twitch channel
    • Thursday 9, November 5:00—9:00pm PST
    • Friday 10, November 5:00—9:00pm PST
    • Saturday 11, November 5:00—9:00pm PST
    • Sunday 12, November 5:00—9:00pm PST

What is a Mythic Keystone Dungeon Race?
    Group dungeons and the teamwork they involve are centerpieces of World of Warcraft. And with the Mythic Keystone system introduced in Legion™, players are encouraged to gather up four of their friends and take on even greater challenges! With each increasing level of Mythic difficulty, the health and damage of enemies increases, and at certain levels new modifiers are introduced that will require players to adapt, evolve, and work together to succeed.

We’re looking forward to seeing another great round of World of Warcraft competition, and can’t wait to see students from across North America banding together against the Legion!

Developer Interviews
    We're continuing to take a look at new information from the BlizzCon developer interviews.

Lost Codex Tweets Zandalari Druid Confirmation
    The Lost Codex tweeted a portion of their interview.

• Zandalari Trolls have druids as a class option. Their travel form is a raptor.

The Starting Zone Podcast Interviews Chris Robinson and Jeremy Feasel
    The Starting Zone Podcast scored an interview with Chris Robinson and Jeremy Feasel.

• The team thinks Warfronts will take a little more time than islands to complete.
    • Islands are a major evolution of the Pandaria scenarios with higher difficulty spikes.
    • A seafaring vendor will show up on your docks every day that sells Island consumables & power-ups that fill in some holes for your spec.
      • An arms warrior could purchase consumables to become more of a tank for the island run.
      • A mage could purchase consumables to be sort of a healing mage for the island run.
    • Highmountain Tauren druid forms have moose antlers.
    • Death magic and witchcraft are a big part of the Kul Tiras storyline.
    • The team wanted to explore a flourishing troll civilization.
    • Unique mounts, pets and other items will be rewarded from Islands.
    • The team doesn’t want Azerite to feel extremely grindy.
    • Losing in Island content still rewards a payout, but slightly smaller than winning.
    • There is no set amount of different Island variations at launch, but it’s a lot!
    • The new AI for Islands/Warfronts behaves nothing like current WoW AI.
    • Spellbreakers and Phoenix Mages (caster/healer hybrid) are two specs you could see with Blood Elf Island AI opponents.
    • Island AI can even resurrect team members that you take down.
    • Islands have a 30 sec auto-resurrect spot similar to Battlegrounds for when you die.

PC Gamer Interviews Ion and Alex
    PC Gamer sat down with the WoW devs.

• Warfronts could have some things in the maps to reflect the winning side.
    • The team is willing to permanently change the old world where it makes sense.
    • The Burning of Teldrassil and the Siege of the Uncercity will be intro events.
    • There might be PVP quests that have you hunt high value targets for rewards on the PVP enabled shards.
    • The team can shard players in PVP shards with others of the same level range to avoid players getting one-shot.
    • Leveling the Heart of Azeroth will be relevant the entire expansion.
    • Internal testing of Islands and the new AI has been a lot of fun.

PC Gamer Covers WoW Classic Announcement
    PC Gamer also sat down with J. Allen Brack to discuss Classic servers.

• Classic became possible because the team discovered a way for it to run on modern infrastructure.
    • Classic servers will not have the features added to current WoW such as Dungeon Finder.

Eurogamer Talks to the J. Allen Brack
    Eurogamer sat down with Brack to talk about Classic servers.

• The team ran old school Scholomance with the Nostalrius build.
    • They have some infrastructure stuff in place and a build up and running for reference.
    • The main part of the job is the infrastructure before tackling the design questions.
    • No development will be taken away from Battle for Azeroth for Classic. A new team is being hired for this project.
    • Brack can’t say whether it will be months or years for the release.
    • Some players will return just for a nostalgia trip.
    • The team wants to provide a constant social connection and community.
    • These servers have full commitment now and will not be ditched if they are not popular.
    • Blizzard has maintained contact with Nostralius and are considering involving some of their team in the process.

Digital Trends Discusses Classic Servers with Brack and Feasel
    Digital Trends also got to interview J. Allen Brack and Jeremy Feasel on the Classic announcement.

• Blizzard wants the launch experience of Classic to be smooth and successful.
    • The experience will be as identical to Vanilla WoW as possible, but they are not sure at which point in the patch life cycle of the original game it will take place.
    • The team wants to create a Blizzard-quality experience of the original game.

GameSpot Speaks with John Height about Classic Servers
    John Height answered some questions for GameSpot about the classic servers.

• Team members who worked on the original game have been consulted, but resources are not being taken from the current game.

This Week in WoW History
    We're taking a look back at old MMO-Champion posts and World of Warcraft news that occurred during this time in previous years.

New Companions
    The models for two new companion pets were found on the PTR. Lil’ Ragnaros, and the Moonkin Hatchling were the new additions to the game. These pets are available for purchase through the Blizzard Pet Store, and remain available even today. The Moonkin Hatchling was the new charitable pet, with sales helping a good cause for a limited time.

Sandstone Drake
    In 2010, during a preview of professions in Cataclysm the Vial of the Sands was discovered. This was the newest profession mount available for crafting in game. Unlike the tailoring or engineering mounts, this could be traded and used by anyone. Its most notable feature was the spot for a passenger while transformed.

The Darkmoon Faire
    Patch 4.3 introduced some new content in the game, which is still active, and expanding in today’s patches. The Darkmoon Faire hit the PTR with a variety of activities, and numerous collectable items such as mounts, pets, transmog, heirlooms, and cosmetic items. The faire provided multiple profession specific quests, as well as chances for PvP, and carnival games.

Recruit-a-Friend Updated
    The Recruit-a-Friend program got updated in 2013, adding the Emerald Hippogryph, amongst other mounts such as the Heart of the Nightwing, X-53 Touring Rocket, and Swift Zhevra to the game. For pet lovers, the Golden Pig, Silver Pig, Jade Tiger, and Zipao Tiger are also rewards for recruiting new players to the game. This new program also allowed players to earn triple experience, as long as the characters leveled together.

Overwatch - The New Blizzard Game
    At the 2014 BlizzCon, the new project was officially announced. Overwatch was introduced with a stunning cinematic trailer, in the Blizzard tradition, as well as a gameplay trailer. A variety of heroes, maps, and abilities were showcased in this new team based shooter. Some of the early concept art and development of the game was also showcased during the Overwatch - Origins panel.

BlizzCon Legion Preview
    After the announcement of Legion at the 2015 Gamescom, a lot of information regarding the new expansion was discussed throughout various panels. Systems such as Artifact Power, Artifact Weapons, Challenge Modes, new raids, Relics, and of course the preview of the new hero class, the Demon Hunters.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-11-10 at 07:41 AM.

After the announcement of Legion at the 2015 BlizzCon

You mean Gamescom

Brack can’t say whether it will be months or years for the release.
    Well that's hardly encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Siege of the Undercity was kind of a given but Teldrassil is kind of interesting(I figured both sides would have the Undercity, and the Horde would just have to retreat in their scenario)

Will the Horde go and slaughter everyone, and then burn it down? Or will they just be attacking Lor'danel and then it burns down, like the picture of Sylvanas's before/after it burns
    Both factions could be playing both. As a Night Elf I definitely want to see the full event of how my home was burned down, and not just come back one day and see it burning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Siege of the Undercity was kind of a given but Teldrassil is kind of interesting(I figured both sides would have the Undercity, and the Horde would just have to retreat in their scenario)

Will the Horde go and slaughter everyone, and then burn it down? Or will they just be attacking Lor'danel and then it burns down, like the picture of Sylvanas's before/after it burns
    That doesn't make really sense right now, in a previous interview, it was stated the first minute of the expansion will take place right after the cinematic... This part of the interview contradicts the previous one

Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    Well that's hardly encouraging.
    Are you surprised though? They have to build the infrastructure back up from scratch.

Classic became possible because the team discovered a way for it to run on modern infrastructure.
    Classic servers will not have the features added to current WoW such as Dungeon Finder.
    The experience will be as identical to Vanilla WoW as possible, but they are not sure at which point in the patch life cycle of the original game it will take place.
    Good news everyone!

Deleted
    No resource for Classic? WTF? Did they even do the math? It is a focking PR move! Not the classic server is the point... It will bring back people and force them to buy their new crap... I don't understand their managers. Best AD ever and they want it for free but wasting millions of dollars to get a TV ad is OK... degenerates!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    No resource for Classic? WTF? Did they even do the math? It is a focking PR move! Not the classic server is the point... It will bring back people and force them to buy their new crap... I don't understand their managers. Best AD ever and they want it for free but wasting millions of dollars to get a TV ad is OK... degenerates!
    No development will be taken away from Battle for Azeroth for Classic. A new team is being hired for this project.
    Blizzard has maintained contact with Nostralius and are considering involving some of their team in the process.
    They only stated they will not be taking resources from the main game, they will be hiring people in addition of them to work on Classic. Of course there will be a team, for the development, for the community, feedback etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That doesn't make really sense right now, in a previous interview, it was stated the first minute of the expansion will take place right after the cinematic... This part of the interview contradicts the previous one
    it's possible that the intro quests being referred are for the pre-expansion event and the expansion itself will start after the cinematic.

Yes, in terms of prolonging the IP as an MMO-RPG, it's a waste of resources. However, their announcement of WoW: Classic comes down to one thing - protecting the intellectual property of Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Are you surprised though? They have to build the infrastructure back up from scratch.
    I'm surprised in the sense that I don't understand why they'd announce this now if this will take years to come to fruition.

Zandalari Trolls have druids as a class option. Their travel form is a raptor.
    Highmountain Tauren druid forms have moose antlers.
    Nighborne can be druid too Poor Alliance

I'm surprised in the sense that I don't understand why they'd announce this now if this will take years to come to fruition.
    Because they have decided that it is happening no matter what. And they're looking for input on how to do it the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Because they have decided that it is happening no matter what. And they're looking for input on how to do it the right way.
    I see. They've had years of input on how to do it the "right" way. These forums alone show how opinionated people are on what's "right" and what's "wrong" when it comes to Vanilla. It's guaranteed that no matter what they implement someone will find fault with it so I guess my hangup is what further input do they really need? Has there been anything groundbreaking or eye-opening from the community that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum already?

This Teldrassil stuff is just complete BS, now the nelfs will have no home and it's gonna be just more Stormwind like we're not freaking sick of that place already. This interview really is not very encouraging, from what I see we're gonna be raiding in Antorus a long time and Warfronts will probably not be ready on release. Combined with the half-assery of these sub-races that's just pretty sad overall...

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    Nighborne can be druid too Poor Alliance
    Can they? I didn't notice that---I bet their feral form will look like those cool mana-sabers around Suramar and that'll be awesome, but I wonder what the other ones will look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

I see. They've had years of input on how to do it the "right" way. These forums alone show how opinionated people are on what's "right" and what's "wrong" when it comes to Vanilla. It's guaranteed that no matter what they implement someone will find fault with it so I guess my hangup is what further input do they really need? Has there been anything groundbreaking or eye-opening from the community that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum already?
    They get more direct feedback this way. Plus, if it's true that they're in contact with various private server runners, it would have been leaked eventually. Might as well get out in front and take advantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Can they? I didn't notice that---I bet their feral form will look like those cool mana-sabers around Suramar and that'll be awesome, but I wonder what the other ones will look like.
    I was only hoping they could nothing mention about Nightborne Druid. I was just teasing Alliance Allied Race for not having one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    This Teldrassil stuff is just complete BS, now the nelfs will have no home and it's gonna be just more Stormwind like we're not freaking sick of that place already. This interview really is not very encouraging, from what I see we're gonna be raiding in Antorus a long time and Warfronts will probably not be ready on release. Combined with the half-assery of these sub-races that's just pretty sad overall...
    Your Alliance tears are delicious

Also curious what inside info you have on allied races (not sub-races btw) that inspire you to dub them "half-assery".