Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LowestFormOfWit View Post
    If Ion told you that a car speeding towards your face was going to obliterate you if you didn't move, you would be that guy that says "Nah, people are holding onto his words too much now when honest----"

And then you get obliterated, because you didn't move.

He clearly stated, and even apologized, that High Elves are not something they think makes a good fit for Allied races. It's not interesting to add High Elves. It's not different enough. There's not enough of them left. Aside from the two other Windrunner sisters (and I'm calling it here: Vareesa bites the dust in BfA), there aren't even any notable High Elf NPCs left.

Major, catastrophic events spiraled the High Elves to become Blood Elves, and join the Horde. What few here and there who didn't continue on with the Blood Elves never coalesced into any major faction or hub.

I guess people really are going to die on this hill, even after a decade.
    If he told me a car was going to speed towards me in 10 hours i'd ignore it because he doesn't live in the future. Your metaphor and logic is very flawed. Wow is a game that doesn't end that has changed many many many stances over the years on basically every top especially when the community is vocal about a subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Oh for the love of...he flat out said High Elves are Blood Elves and they are already playable.

I mean seriously how much more blunt does have to be?

He could have every High Elf npc in the game lined up and be executed and people would say it didn't happen or that they weren't actually dead.

This denial of reality, of actually finding ways to ignore what the GAME DIRECTOR says means debate is impossible.

This is clearly an unreasonable and irrational obsession.
    I guess WoW Classic doesn't exist right? The guy who announced it said it would never happen a few years ago. Guess it wasn't announced this year.

It sure would be nice if people actually watched the interview because it was pretty clear he was saying that more as a reason for WHY Void Elves just wanting to give the alliance something more new and different. People are already complaining the alliance are getting gipped compared to the horde because of the night fallen.
    Last edited by Teerack; 2017-11-10 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post

I guess WoW Classic doesn't exist right? The guy who announced it said it would never happen a few years ago. Guess it wasn't announced this year.

It sure would be nice if people actually watched the interview because it was pretty clear he was saying that more as a reason for WHY Void Elves just wanting to give the alliance something more new and different. People are already complaining the alliance are getting gipped compared to the horde because of the night fallen.
    In terms of WoW classic they said you wanted to play it, but you wouldn't once you had the experience.

With High Elves, he said they are playable as Blood Elves.

And yes, I watched the interview. Everyone watched the interview. But apparently where everyone else heard 'High Elves are Blood Elves' and so they don't need to be added because they are already in game you heard 'ignore me, I am just the game director. Keep on with your crusade'.

In day of the dragon, falstad died, because i am story writer, and i just told you so. my word is holy and unchanging

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    In day of the dragon, falstad died, because i am story writer, and i just told you so. my word is holy and unchanging
    This is such a different situation that your use of that example achieves nothing.

THAT was a mistake made by a single developer on an obscure piece of lore

Whereas it's clear that with Void Elves and High Elves, they HAD to have discussed High Elves as an Allied race, then rejected it in favour of creating the Void Elves.

High Elves are NOT on a list to be added later. I bet they were one of the first potential choices.

And one of the very first to be rejected.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    My best guess is that blizzard wanted high elfs with more interesting racials and with at least some visual difference beside the eye color.

Void elves are extremely pale and look almost vampire like
    shal'dorei look more like dark elves from DnD compared to night elves

I hope that doesn't mean any chance of the Forsaken recruiting whatever's left of the Lich Kings San'layn just went poof.

I get why you want High Elves, I really do. You don't like purple Wood Elves, you don't like the opposite faction Elves, you want the full LoTR High Elf experience for your faction.

its never happening tho go cry about it some more

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Nightborne actually have a unique model and animations.
    Void Elves are Blood Elves with different colors and a VFX.
    Horde got the better end of the deal.
    Don't be so easily fooled. The nightborne have the same animations as the night elf. The model is just a slimmer version of the night elf. Their stand/pose animation is different. But they move and cast exactly like night elves.

The whole idea of sub-races is to give you groups like the nightborne. Don't like the way night elves are? Well you can play as an alternative in the nightborne that is similar, but a bit different. Especially if you like the cool way they do the race. Imo, Eredar would have been more interesting than Lightforged Draenei, but at least lightforged is something that's not dark and devilish. That's so rare in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    I get why you want High Elves, I really do. You don't like purple Wood Elves, you don't like the opposite faction Elves, you want the full LoTR High Elf experience for your faction.

its never happening tho go cry about it some more
    no you dont get that, you really dont

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    No, I'm saying to you. Times infinity. Na, nanana, na!
    Times infinity? Goddamnit, I'm outclassed! *vanishes*

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    That's still more than changing an eye color, if you want to call that lazy, like sure. But you're missing the point that Blood Elves and High Elves aren't even different races. It's not just about your perception of how different something looks, High Elves and Blood Elves *actually* are not different races, not even 1 generation has passed since the High Elves were renamed Blood Elves, and what's left of those that decided "nah we're still gonna call ourselves High Elves"..well thank god Blizzard had the sense to put them in game but as they were was not different enough to constitute a separate race. But you asked for them to be included and now they found a workaround and that race is Void Elves folks. Get used to it.
    Or the High Elven fans can tell you to, "Pound sand." It's your choice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Don't be so easily fooled. The nightborne have the same animations as the night elf. The model is just a slimmer version of the night elf. Their stand/pose animation is different. But they move and cast exactly like night elves.

The whole idea of sub-races is to give you groups like the nightborne. Don't like the way night elves are? Well you can play as an alternative in the nightborne that is similar, but a bit different. Especially if you like the cool way they do the race. Imo, Eredar would have been more interesting than Lightforged Draenei, but at least lightforged is something that's not dark and devilish. That's so rare in wow.
    The Nightborne should have been an Allied race that's a part of the Neutral faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    In terms of WoW classic they said you wanted to play it, but you wouldn't once you had the experience.

With High Elves, he said they are playable as Blood Elves.

And yes, I watched the interview. Everyone watched the interview. But apparently where everyone else heard 'High Elves are Blood Elves' and so they don't need to be added because they are already in game you heard 'ignore me, I am just the game director. Keep on with your crusade'.
    I guess im overestimating you here if you're going to try and defend super weak reasons using super weak semantics. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves are different from Blood elves because they are fully reskinned. Yep, the model is the same, but all textures are the different. And maybe they will have somithing like void-effects on them
    Nightborne Elves have unique model. They are different from Blood and Night Elves in all ways.

High Elves are just Blood elves, but with blue eyes instead of green. Thats all. Blood elves are High Elves by origins, they are no so different races.

To be honest, I want more to see these fatty Kul Tiras humans for Alliance and Vrykul for Horde. I wanted Vrykyl to be playable from times of Wotlk. Kul Tiras fatties are just nice and they have unique model.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are some people so fucking daft? Void Elves are Blizzards way of giving you whiny faggots your god damn High Elves that you guys constantly fucking cry about

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    How are some people so fucking daft? Void Elves are Blizzards way of giving you whiny faggots your god damn High Elves that you guys constantly fucking cry about
    FUCKING FINALLY

They can't and won't just recolor the Blood Elves' eyes and pretend that they are different. They won't build you a new skeleton for your shitty elves. This is what you get, take it or fuck off.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2017-11-10 at 06:16 PM.

they cant and wont just recolor the eyes that is simply not enough, they will recolor their whole body, so they look different.. same way the star wars recolors human and call them alien.

also mods should be infracting these agressive commenters
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-11-10 at 05:36 PM.

Tbh, High elves never had the same skin color as Belves, they were paler and one of the skins was even yellow-ish.
    In WOD they just copied the Belf skin and gave them Helf eyes, and with Males they just gave them Deathknight eyes and not even Helf eyes.
    Look at the TBC High elf skins.

For instance, Belves can't get this specific skin color:

All you had to do was to add some more different skin color. The Warcraft movie had an Asian High elf.
    I mean the Lightforged Draenei are LITERALLY Draenei with another eye color and different hairstyles.

And they did it. I don't see why making High elves would be such a problem if you do it properly and give them different customization options and skin colors, You don't have to make them void monsters.

and give them different faces.. i refuse to believe, that the whole thalassian population is made from elves with 10 slightly different faces

Quote Originally Posted by Poppets View Post
    High Elves and Blood Elves are too similar in looks
    You're going to shit your pants when you hear about Pandarians

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    I guess im overestimating you here if you're going to try and defend super weak reasons using super weak semantics. /shrug
    You mean by referencing the actual words said by the actual game director?

Facts must be terribly inconvenient for your side of the argument.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-11-10 at 07:03 PM.

Except I even stated them AS an exception. I still think that in itself was a mistake. From their lore them dont seem the kind of race to pick a side and divide amongst themselves. Further, this division even makes less sense after SoO.