Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Everyone used their free boosts that came with expansion purchase

I like leveling. It's relaxing and I enjoy playing new characters, creating transmogs for them. I like how easily I can swap specs without being overwhelmed with skills and talents, then hop right into action be it dungeom, bg, arena or simple questing. I love how pvp gives decent amount of xp nowadays with every level bracket having different classes stronger and weaker (its not easy to keep up with class balance when you level!)

I know that most people despise leveling though. I enjoy it to the point Id rather start new character than revive unused high level character (like I have lvl 90 mage, but I leveled new one from 1 to 110, cuz I didn't "feel" that old one).

I used my WoD boost on level 65 character and it took me a lot of time to actually like it. Legion boost was used on lvl 1 char that I couldnt stomach for more than 10 minutes. Deffo gonna save BfA boost for some high level char (like 80 or something).

Paid level boost is too overpriced for me to ever consider it as an option (Id rather spend this money on HotS skins)

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I allways liked the time spend with leveling, because it helped me to decide if I like the class-fantasy and general playstyle or not.
    I levelled my rogue in WOD as combat spamming sinister strike and eviscerate (or whatever was the name of the finisher back then), not only does the spec not exist any more (it's outlaw now) but despite using no boosts I still feel I have zero clue about rogues. Time spent levelling didn't really "teach me about the class".

Also for example I liked to quest with my shadow priest, but only after I went with it into dungeons I noticed what the class lacks, because levelling for me is more about killing mob after mob with little downtime (priest is fine at that) but dungeons are more about mass aoe (and priests is bad at that). In the end I might have liked the levelling up process but not the end game. Opposite with my mage. I boosted it with the Legion freebie, because I was discouraged from levelling a squishy, having no self heals except eating conjured food, etc. But in dungeons and raids I find it fun. I don't need to worry about self heals, but having good aoe, good dps cooldowns and few tricks like spellsteal and ice block come really handy.

It took me several patches of Legion to decide which of my alts I enjoy playing, and I wouldn't even consider the process 100% closed since 1) some specs change in patches (even though I don't expect much more changes in legion, for example many people rediscovered feral druids with 7.3 changes) 2) I didn't try every spec so some might be still out there I could like, but never tried. 3) some specs might only become super fun with maxed artifact and specific legendaries, and especially the second one isn't freely accessible to alts. Levelling is not enough to decide, and not sure if even essential.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-11-10 at 03:38 PM.

used my free 90 boost on a druid (only leveled it to 60 during MoP, had all the other classes at 90) and used my free 100 on an alliance rogue since my lvl 90 one was horde on a different server, have all 12 at 110 now, so not sure what to use the next free boost on, maybe on one of the new races

Deleted
    I use the boosts but I don't end up playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    not sure what to use the next free boost on, maybe on one of the new races
    Blizzard confirmed though if you use the boost on one of the allied races, you will not get the special transmog, you have to level it by hand all the way.

I have bought a couple 1-100 boosts. The time investment is not worth it to me to level alts. The cost is minimal and it's instant.

Nope, you're definitely not alone. I haven't ever purchased a boost and haven't even used "free" expansion-bundled boosts.

It really does feel cheap and cheat-y and completely shatters any chance that I'll develop an attachment to the character. Boosted characters feel "soulless", kinda like faceless template character PTR copies or something.

But then, my main attraction to the game isn't end game. Rushing to max level as fast as humanly possible, to me, seems like a fruitless and fun-killing endeavor. Why would I want to cut my character's adventure short and rush into an endless queue-treadmill? That end-game content isn't going anywhere, and if I concentrate my endgame play towards the end of an xpac cycle I get to skip the whole mess of tediously running the same handful of dungeons/raids on 50 different difficulties over and over and over again. With such robust catchup mechanics as we have now, there's just no point to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remembered the other day I have used a free boost before, and I used it on a warrior. HATED that class. I could kind of tank with it, but just really hated it. And for whatever reason, I just sucked ass at the rotation for DPS on both specs, so I deserted her and will probably delete her because I like the name she has. Ever since then, I won't use a boost because I feel like if I had LEVELED the warrior as a DPS I could have come to understand the rotation. I also played a friend's hunter (MM) and sucked at that too at max level before they really showed me how to play, even after looking up the rotation because I wanted to just see if I could figure it out real fast. Didn't like it at all. I don't mind leveling to begin with, so I am just going to stick to leveling and save those boosts for new servers on classes I already thoroughly know I guess. My warrior is also a Night elf...I don't even like that race...
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

Had two free boosts to use (1 from legion, another I can't remember) didn't use any beyond that.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I had everything at max level before the boosts were a thing so I just used them to make toons on other realms to help friends with realm best CM titles and stuff. Made an Alliance Shaman on my current realm just to get all the Alliance specific stuff. Never bought one tho.

LOL from the title I thought this was going to be a whole different thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only with the "free" boost you get with an expansion.
    (Still think its funny that they raise the price of an expansion by 10 euros/dollar and give you a "free" boost)
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never have, never will

Although I don't play alts often, when I do I still find it a fun experience and part of the game. Boosting just feels like I'd be skipping enjoyable content and play time. I actually still have my free WoD boost but I did use my free Legion one. Generally, I'd prefer to level normally since It'll help me learn the class/rotation better.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

There's only so many times you can do the exact same quests in the same old zone over the 13 years this game has been around.

I used my expansion included boosts and that's all. I don't have the resources to afford buying more boosts.

Yep, you're totally alone among millions of people to not make use of the boost.

Or not.

I know several people that never boosted a character, not with the ones coming with expansions nor by buying.
    Myself have used the boosts I've gotten through expansion purchases, but I've never purchased a boost on its own. The cost is just too insane.

Deleted
    I used the free boosts, both times primarily as a way of boosting proffesiona rather than classes as I have had all at max level since about 5.3.

I enjoy levelling though, even in the wierd, nonsensical way it is now. The thing that actually most excites me about WoW in the nwxt few years is the levelling rwvamp coupledwithan item level squish where they have said they are going to fix low levwl itemisation. That is a huge change for me.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Everything i do by myself, boost for newbie