Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    BC and Wrath share scaling bracket.
    Cata and Mists share scaling bracket.

Thus

WoD and Legion should share scaling bracket.

Then

BfA and the expac after can share a scaling bracket.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only redeeming thing about WoD was the leveling - it actually was a pretty good experience. The only issue now is garrisons - no one wants to mess around with those while leveling at this point, especially on multiple toons.

What they need to do is just give everyone a full garrison when they level from the get-go. That way, you can mess with it if you choose or you can just focus on leveling.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metacrias View Post
    The only redeeming thing about WoD was the leveling - it actually was a pretty good experience. The only issue now is garrisons - no one wants to mess around with those while leveling at this point, especially on multiple toons.

What they need to do is just give everyone a full garrison when they level from the get-go. That way, you can mess with it if you choose or you can just focus on leveling.
    No. I love garrison progression and build up in WoD.

Deleted
    I'd much rather be able to skip having to level in that MoP shitshow. At least WoD leveling was interesting.

WoD leveling is good and can be settled in 3 to 4 hours if you don't have flying. 1 hour and half if you have flying. 30 minutes if you have the 300% xp potion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    No. I love garrison progression and build up in WoD.
    Ok... I'm glad you like it?

I'd wager that most players were sick of doing that after 2 or 3 toons (and many of us have 8+). With the new focus on leveling, with the new races and zone scaling, a lot of people will be leveling a lot of toons and going through the garrison over and over especially when it is largely irrelevant and of little use now outside of a few benefits for professions and pets.

At the very least, there should be an option to arrive to a fully formed garrison (allowing you to choose what to build and reducing the cost of everything since people won't be spending much time there as the levels fly by).
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    BC and Wrath share scaling bracket.
    Cata and Mists share scaling bracket.

Thus

WoD and Legion should share scaling bracket.

Then

BfA and the expac after can share a scaling bracket.
    No, Outland and Northrend should be separate from the leveling path. In essence, since they're out of the time loop, you would have a member of the Bronze Dragonflight award the quest. As for the rest, a new player and/or character should be able to level from 1-80 in the Cataclysm content on the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. As a result, the brackets would be:

Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor: 1-80
    Northrend/Outland (Optional): 60-80
    Draenor/Pandaria: 80-100
    Broken Isles: 100-110
    Kul Tiras/Zandalar: 110-120

Why would you do this? To begin with, in its current state, you can hit 65 before leaving the Eastern Kingdoms, so coupled with leveling scaling, dungeon crawling, the extension of the Cataclysm zones, and the removal of the XP nerf at 58, you should be able to hit 80 fairly easy. Furthermore, in terms of story, it keeps the player centered on the events after the Shattering versus the time loop involving Northrend and Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    No, Outland and Northrend should be separate from the leveling path. In essence, since they're out of the time loop, you would have a member of the Bronze Dragonflight award the quest. As for the rest, a new player and/or character should be able to level from 1-80 in the Cataclysm content on the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. As a result, the brackets would be:

Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor: 1-80
    Northrend/Outland (Optional): 60-80
    Draenor/Pandaria: 80-100
    Broken Isles: 100-110
    Kul Tiras/Zandalar: 110-120

Why would you do this? To begin with, in its current state, you can hit 65 before leaving the Eastern Kingdoms, so coupled with leveling scaling, dungeon crawling, the extension of the Cataclysm zones, and the removal of the XP nerf at 58, you should be able to hit 80 fairly easy. Furthermore, in terms of story, it keeps the player centered on the events after the Shattering versus the time loop involving Northrend and Outland.
    While I agree I might prefer that way myself, that it would be nice if you could level in Cata from 1-80 and then just go straight to Mists, they already announced in BfA that the zone scaling would be distributed along Outland/Northrend and Mists/WoD (and 1-30 Cata and 30-60 Cata) as mentioned. Of course things could still be subject to change, but they were very specific during the announcements at BlizzCon.

I think so, purely for more choice. Though they'd need to make sure the potions of 20% xp are only usable level 90-99.

I'm still not convinced WoD leveling was bad; it was the level cap content that was horrendous, grindy, and lacking in every possible way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I suspect after BFA is out, then they'll make WoD/Legion 90-110 scaled together, but for the moment, Legion is 'current content', so they haven't combined it.
    I don't think you can combine WoD/Legion because of the garrison feature in WoD and the artifact feature in Legion. They would seriously conflict. I think there could be an option to level 90-110 in either one alone but not to combine them. Basically you can't combine either WoD or Legion with any other expansions because of their unique features.
    Last edited by Stellan; 2017-11-10 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd rather they make WoD zones scale from 90 to 110 so I can skip legion.

I only bother leveling in Legion zones when an invasion is on, I'm not going to torture myself by going through Legion's horrible questing content anymore.

Deleted
    Why would you skip the expansion with some of the best quests? Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    WoD leveling is actually good, the issue is more the treasure are such lucrative experience you feel "forced" into doing them instead of questing through a zone.

and with something like gorgrond with its bonus exp areas and 8 elites you can kill to turn in for big quest exp, you could easily do 90-96 in that zone alone.
    This isn't much different than invasions tbh.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    While I agree I might prefer that way myself, that it would be nice if you could level in Cata from 1-80 and then just go straight to Mists, they already announced in BfA that the zone scaling would be distributed along Outland/Northrend and Mists/WoD (and 1-30 Cata and 30-60 Cata) as mentioned. Of course things could still be subject to change, but they were very specific during the announcements at BlizzCon.
    Nothing at BlizzCon is set-in-stone. Warfronts, for example, sound like Garrison 2.0, and I hope they cancel the feature.

Ironically, WoD had some of the best leveling of any expansion. But that's all it had going for it, because I wish i could forget that expansion existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing at BlizzCon is set-in-stone. Warfronts, for example, sound like Garrison 2.0, and I hope they cancel the feature.
    Literally not even remotely in the same universe of being the same, I question if you actually know any information pertaining to War Fronts

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    I'd rather skip Outland...
    You can now (From 7.3.5 onwards)

WoD leveling and the (not so) story was good for the first time, but the replay value was horribad, so I'd really enjoy skipping it (if I ever level a fresh toon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    I will never understand why people claim that WoD had good leveling.
    Because that is their opinion, much like it is your opinion that it wasn't.

You do know those work, yes?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Main things I'd like to see for quality of life :

Pandaria flying available at 80, certainly not 90.

WoD treasure chests giving full xp based on level 90-99, no minimum level to loot them.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-10 at 10:17 PM.

True, nothing set in stone.

As for Warfronts, they were described as large, massively-multiplayer raid activities.
    No idea how an AV-style PvE Scenario is anything like a Login Reward window. Could you elaborate?