Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Dear Gankers, One-Shotters, and Tanks!

Next expansion is going to be just swell. PvP servers are going to disappear and PvP will have to be toggled on. What does this mean for you? You're going to be lumped onto a CRZ shard with like minded gankers, one-shotters, and tanks. And while you're suffering, like players are now in Wpvp because of you, we'll all be laughing and going on with our days. Hey, PvP happened - you toggled it on, not us.

Don't worry though, the community will stand up and fight for you though, right? Nope. Remember every time you tried to derail our posts for change when we got one shot by you? We're going to return the favor 10x over. Enjoy being locked in a purgatory of other toxic players. Eventually you'll get tired of dying and flip off PvP. The pool of players using that feature will get bored and move on, and the game will go on without you. You will not be missed, and your subscription fee will not be missed. A decent person will replace you and the game will be just fine. Because hey, PvE happened stop complaining about it.

With love,
    this whole style of writting reads like a SJW cry manifest towards "the oppressors of his generation"

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't be so naive. PVP in WoW is all scaled/balanced these days, WPVP is completely different. The idea behind WPVP was for somewhat fair, consensual PVP, not the current shitfest it is. The new change will fix this, clearly Blizzard agree with the 'other players'.
    PvP in any sense is still PvP. That is like saying an apple with bites taken out of it is no longer an apple. I'm just pointing out your incredibly flawed logic. WPvP was never meant to be fair, so I'm not even sure where you're pulling that bullshit from.

10+ Year Old Account
    it actually will make pvp interesting. there's going to be a lot more geared player vs geared player pvp and a lot less geared player vs bad player at pvp. people who've been thinking they were gods at world pvp because they've been only picking easy fights may be in for a reality check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    If PvP dies, it will be because people don't want to do it. I've always suggested that most people on PvP servers were there because of friends, guilds, progression, etc. Or they misunderstood what it was. I picked it when I started because I thought PvE realms meant "Player versus Everyone", so I thought my faction could also attack me. PvP I thought meant only the Horde could (I was 10, give me a break pls).

This new system will make it so everyone who wants open world PvP can have access to it. Those on PvE servers who want it can have it, and those on PvP servers who desperately wish they didn't have it can escape.

If it dies, that basically suggests that no one ever actually wanted WPvP, but were put into it for various other reasons. I.e. most of the gankers will probably disable PvP, since they can no longer gank (which is basically all of the "WPvP'ers" currently).
    If it dies is because of this decision.
    Because i'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a WPvP'er and what comes out of my mind is:
    -Ok, leveling, let me turn the PvP: Off for this
    -Ok, World quests and dungeon/raid meeting stone, let me turn the PvP:Off
    -Ok, i'm ready to do some World PvP! For those rewards! Time to turn the PvP: On! (everyone else has the PvP: Disabled because they are either doing quests or in meeting stones)

I'm trying my best to put myself in the shoes of others and all that comes to mind is this...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Because i'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a WPvP'er and what comes out of my mind is:
    -Ok, i'm ready to do some World PvP! For those rewards! Time to turn the PvP: On! (everyone else has the PvP: Disabled because they are either doing quests or in meeting stones)

I'm trying my best to put myself in the shoes of others and all that comes to mind is this...
    You are absolutely correct and this is my fear and the reason of why I won't resub (when that time comes) until I hear differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    it actually will make pvp interesting. there's going to be a lot more geared player vs geared player pvp and a lot less geared player vs bad player at pvp.
    Not really, it will just increase the number of PvP groups in WPvP.
    So unless you are in a group, WPvP will be even more shit than it is now. Unless they will sort out groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Dear Gankers, One-Shotters, and Tanks!

Next expansion is going to be just swell. PvP servers are going to disappear and PvP will have to be toggled on. What does this mean for you? You're going to be lumped onto a CRZ shard with like minded gankers, one-shotters, and tanks. And while you're suffering, like players are now in Wpvp because of you, we'll all be laughing and going on with our days. Hey, PvP happened - you toggled it on, not us.

Don't worry though, the community will stand up and fight for you though, right? Nope. Remember every time you tried to derail our posts for change when we got one shot by you? We're going to return the favor 10x over. Enjoy being locked in a purgatory of other toxic players. Eventually you'll get tired of dying and flip off PvP. The pool of players using that feature will get bored and move on, and the game will go on without you. You will not be missed, and your subscription fee will not be missed. A decent person will replace you and the game will be just fine. Because hey, PvE happened stop complaining about it.

With love,
    Sure, I will enjoy my free bonus rewards with pvp on (because I rarely encounter any sort of pvp even in pvp world quests)

Oh and next time roll on pve realm first so you don't have to moan because some meanie baddie rogue stabbed you from behind

Pffft World PVP is what makes the world alive and not just a boring quest grind.

I can understand complaining if you're getting corpse camped, or if its expansion day and the entire server is around one questgiver, but beyond that I think it's a good part o the world.

Some players just have severe anxiety issues though and if they get ganked will freak the fuck out for an hour and still hold it as a personal grudge for days. People talk in these threads as if the gankers were some bullies that tormented them in highschool for years.

When people make threads like this I just assume it's probably the same kind of people that don't even do dungeons in game because some asshole told them their DPS was bad so they went in to a fit or despair and anguish.

Don't worry, you'll be able to switch off PVP now, nobody will be able to hurt you while you're out getting your hugging critters achievement.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Not really, it will just increase the number of PvP groups in WPvP.
    So unless you are in a group, WPvP will be even more shit than it is now. Unless they will sort out groups.
    well that's always been a good aspect of world pvp so i don't mind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Well it can't really be cancerous with the new system, cuz you choose if you want to fight or not.
    Unless you're talking about the current issues with balancing in WPvP, but there's no legendaries in BfA so it can only get better I suppose.
    I liked world pvp in cata, when I started my horde characters (all my hordies are on pvp realm). Then cross realm sharding rolled in. Then blizzard decided to completely ruin it and not balance the game around it and that imbalance reached its peak in Legion with legenedaries are out right broken specs that get different stats in instanced pvp (like tanks). Also scaling 100-110 zones means you are constantly in the max level area when you level (and most max level guys just kill leveling toons on sight).

This new tech for pvp is the best thing ever. If I feel like I'm up for some skirmishes while doing dailes I turn it on. If I only log in for 10 minutes to get my shit done I turn it off. Literally the only downside to this is that you can no longer gank low levels and people who are not going to fight back.

It's not trivial to turn it on or off. It'll require returning to a sanctuary. If everyone turns it off, it's because they don't actually want WPvP, and if WPvP dies because of this decision (granted it's already dead outside of ganking), it's because the interest wasn't there. Once you stop forcing people into WPvP, you'll be able to see if it stands on its own merit.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Because you're on a PvP server (or have PvP toggled on in BFA)? If you don't like that, you shouldn't be playing on a PvP server (or hearth to your capital and toggle PvP off in BFA). What's the problem here?

And for the record, I do do arenas - only arenas right now, because that's the only form of viable PvP. I don't bother attacking anyone out in the world unless attacked first because it's so unbalanced and dumb.
    I am long time player, i ve been playing since BC, and when i started i choose this realm mainly because it was biggest Slovakian/Czech realm at that time, second i had some friends already playing there. So i started building my main plus my other alts here. Fast forward some time I hated WPvP always but since i didnt want to move, coz of friends and guild, i just swalowed it and tried to not break my screen everytime some "pro-player" killed me. Fast forward to today, I have 12 chars on this server and i just dont have 300 eur to make transfers to another server, so I have to rage through it and it always takes every little dip of excitement i have for this game at that time. I just ragequit most of the time, so great, it really makes me happy that now i can toggle it off and be done with that part of the game that doesnt interest me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    well that's always been a good aspect of world pvp so i don't mind that.
    That implies that you don't PvP if you are solo.
    Since you can do almost anything solo, you will be doing less PvP.

Sounds good to me, just like when they added experience to pvp so twinks could only pvp against other twinks. (ie, other people who disabled their exp gains.)

No longer will people on pvp realms who are just there for friends etc be able to complain. People who are interested in pvp can play with people who are interested in pvp. And if now and then you feel like 'I just want to get these quests done before work' you don't have to worry about it. You can do that, then turn pvp back on later.

If it leads to the death of wpvp, then, well, that son players. Emerald Dream had crazy WPVP all the way up through MOP. I don't know if it's died down in WOD and Legion, but if wpvp could continue with the existance of flying mounts etc, I don't see why it can't survive this. It just means your potential targets will just be people who opt into pvp in the short term instead of committing to it in the long term.

Wasn't my logic.
    My bad, thought you were a different poster.

Who says it wasn't meant to be fair?
    If it was meant to be fair control and manipulation would be done to make it so. It isn't and has not been in the 13 years this game has been out, therefor it was not meant to be fair.

The whole idea around PVP servers is to fight people in a leveling zone that are around your level, not for people to fly around HFP ganking people for 'fun'.
    Wrong. That wasnever the idea of world PvP. That is your idea that you're projecting simply because you don't like PvP.

If you consider it fun, then unlucky, as you wont be doing it anymore.
    I actually rarely gank people. A few nights ago was the first time that I've done it in years. It wasn't fun to me at all, but because of another thread where I stated that I would do it, I did. I never got mad about being ganked and I'm smart enough to not get GY camped. I play a PvP server specifically for those risks and the rush is amazing when an actual encounter happens (even if they are several levels higher than me). The people that bitch the most are these carebears that have no experience on a PvP server. They have a mob mentality and repeat things that other people say and invoke anger for that dopamine rush.

My only concern is, what will happen with cities? I hope the faction cities remain attackable and pvp areas. If you opt into pvp of course. One thing I enjoy doing as a rogue is sneaking into enemy cities and finding flagged targets to ambush. Not to mention the achievements to down the opposite faction capital bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because i have little hope that people will actually turn the PvP On.
    Everything will be just like a PvE server.

I really have little faith people will turn it on.
    Then they dont want to PVP, do they? Why should people have to do what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Do a fuck ton of quests > go to city > toggle it > hand quests in > go to city > toggle it > repeat

lol.
    Pretty much. Just like how people power leveled in WoD.

(on a side note, excellent choice of avatar. Ghost BC!)

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait, we get more rewards for doing stuff with PVP turned on!? I'm leaving it on. screw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    I actually rarely gank people.
    The problem is that a fair number of max level players DO.

at all, but because of another thread where I stated that I would do it, I did. I never got mad about being ganked and I'm smart enough to not get GY camped. I play a PvP server specifically for those risks and the rush is amazing when an actual encounter happens (even if they are several levels higher than me).
    Uh huh. If I'm several levels higher than you, you've basically no chance. Enjoy the rush for the 2.3 seconds until you die.

The people that bitch the most are these carebears that have no experience on a PvP server. They have a mob mentality and repeat things that other people say and invoke anger for that dopamine rush.
    Aww.... an internet tough guy. How cute. So... in BfA, toggle PVP on. Boom, you're fine again.