Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

High Elves are Blood elves

I have been noticing some confusion (as often is the case when elves are involved). High Elves are Blood Elves.

If a Blood Elf deserts/exiled from Silvermoon he is automatically a High Elf as he rejects the current direction and regime operating out of Quel'thalas or is annexed from it.
    If a High Elf returns to Silvermoon for good, he is automaically a Blood Elf as he accepts the current direction and regime operating out of Quel'thalas.

This has been clear from day one. Many high elves returned to Silvermoon becoming blood elves, and many left Silvermoon or were exiled/deserted becoming high elves once more.

You are politically a high elf if you leave the Quel'thalas regime and ESPECIALLY if you join up with the alliance. By default ALL VOID ELVES - whether they have been blood elves for the past 5 years or not, are now high elves politically because they have left Silvermoon as exiles.

If a Thalassian elf is exiled he becomes a high elf again. It's a politically disposition. His eyes don't have to be green or blue. We've been told many times, not ALL blood elves eyes are green, just that most are. And not all high elves' eyes are blue either.

By default all void elves are politically high elves. Void elf is the sub-race type, high elf is the political affliation. If you are playing a void elf in the next expansion, good luck to you, you are a high elf politically. It doesn't matter if you were blood elf for the last 10 years, or from the start of the movement, or you joined much later. You rejoined the alliance and are now politically a high elf.

Void elf is a high elf sub-race. Technically speaking it CANNOT be blood elf one.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically speaking, all darkfallen are high elves, blood elves were the majority of survivors. Also not all high elves are allied with the alliance, some are about doing weird shit and not very good shit either, they are not blood elves because they never joined up with the Sin'dorei movement - an example would be the necromancers in scholomance, they are all high elves. Cultists you saw in vanilla are all high elves too. Blood elves are a particular group of high elves united under this new purpose and they have control of Quel'thalas and Silvermoon City. They are possibly the largest group of the race.

However if you count all the unaffliated high elves together, including the sub-race ones like the Darkfallen and void elves, then who knows.

Most Fel elves are BLOOD ELVES, like pretty much all. The vast majority of Wretched are also blood elves. Only the Quel'lithien lodge wretched are high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    The given distinction is ideological (which is closely tied to political, but not the same). The BElves dabble in questionable magic to survive, HElves do not. The VElves were exiled for going crazy with Void magic, they're extreme BElves (similar to the felblood elves and fel).

Racially, they're all the same.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-11-11 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Blood elves are infused with fel, Highelves are not. The politics, while relevant, does not change the race. Blood elves are different because the fel changed them. High elves / blood elves division is not a political thing. You said it yourself, not all high elves are in the same "faction" .. and not all blood elves were in the same "faction" as well.
    HElves just being in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War would have been exposed and had their eyes turn green.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. (AskCDev3)
    Just like how orcs who weren't warlocks and didn't drink Mannoroth's blood still turned green.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The given distinction is ideological (which is closely tied to political, but not the same). The BElves dabble in questionable magic to survive, HElves do not. The VElves were exiled for going crazy with Void magic, they're extreme BElves (similar to the felblood elves and fel).

Racially, they're all the same.
    That is mostly true for most high elves, and for what a high elf of Silvermoon generally stands for, and groups of high elves still hold on to that, but we know of enough cases where this isn't so. High elves who become warlocks or necromancers or other things. High elves who died and were raised as undead, the darkfallen, san'layn they are all high elves. Interstingly enough when the DKs of the Ebon blade return to Silvermoon they are now blood elf because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    That is mostly true for most high elves, and for what a high elf of Silvermoon generally stands for, and groups of high elves still hold on to that, but we know of enough cases where this isn't so. High elves who become warlocks or necromancers or other things. High elves who died and were raised as undead, the darkfallen, san'layn they are all high elves. Interstingly enough when the DKs of the Ebon blade return to Silvermoon they are now blood elf because of that.
    There are already BElves that have no political affiliation with Quel'Thalas (i.e. Valeera).

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    There is no doubt that blood elves are the majority of the race..... If this is in regards to Ion's statement, I think he was basically trying to say there isn't enough things to justify them being different.

All blood elves are high elves, not all high elves are blood elves.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-11-11 at 03:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My take on the subject is as follows.

High Elves who followed Prince Kael'thas renamed themselves Blood Elves, this is the same as the eradar who followed Velen and began calling themselves Draenai.

ALL high elves have a magical addiction, some found better sources to help such as the moon well in Stormwind.

High elves, Blood Elves, and Nightborne are considered to be either Highborne or the descendants of Highborne.

Blood elves are a sub-group and faction of high-elves... High elf is the main race, blood elves are a branch of high elf, because of fel taint, which is hereditary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Blood elves are a sub-group and faction of high-elves... High elf is the main race, blood elves are a branch of high elf, because of fel taint, which is hereditary.
    a fel taint that will be wiped away by the sunwell. The only thing that really separates blood elves and high elves now is that the very small minority that still calls themselves high elves stayed in the Alliance.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    High Elves are the old order, Blood Elves are the new order. They are the same race. Void Elves suck.
    That's nice, how is that related?

They're still all the same race at the end of the day, just some small alteration between the (now) 2 subgroups. High elf is still the origin. Your like or dislike is irrelevant.

I hope the new customizations give blue and gold eyes color options.

in my hunter blue would be very good and gold for my paladin

Like you said, they are all the same race. Blood Elves were enough. Void Elves are fan service for people who want a blood elf on alliance. It's a good thing they aren't able to be paladins.
    It's sub-races, people've been asking for for years? So what? You're not forced to play them. Let people who want to play them do so in peace. And people on alliance were asking for high elves...so they still mostly get what they wanted.

Doesn't make sense for a void-tainted elf to be able to be a paladin, so...ok. I'd personally be more worried if they got to be Demon Hunters...that's still exclusively Nelf/belf though, so all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There are already BElves that have no political affiliation with Quel'Thalas (i.e. Valeera).
    Actually, she is blood elf, she believes in what the sin'dorei stand for, the philosophy the direction, etc - she just doesn't hate the humans or the alliance, and if I'm not mistaken, quite a lot of blood elves also feel that way too. Which is a bit of a problem. Isn't that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, she is blood elf, she believes in what the sin'dorei stand for, the philosophy the direction, etc - she just doesn't hate the humans or the alliance, and if I'm not mistaken, quite a lot of blood elves also feel that way too. Which is a bit of a problem. Isn't that right?
    I would honestly be surprised if in BFA we see Valeera anywhere but Quel'thalas. At the end of the day, she is a patriot and will not think kindly to the Alliance for doing what they are doing. The same goes for the rest of the blood elves, in recent years the opinion of the Alliance must have only grown more and more toxic.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I hope the new customizations give blue and gold eyes color options.

in my hunter blue would be very good and gold for my paladin
    I'm pretty sure they will. I also hope so, as most of my toons will be blood elves and nightborne, I will not be playing void elves.

Void Elves didn't exist as even a concept until BFA
    Is it forbidden that new things occur? No? What's the problem then...

Not forced to play gnomes either, doesn't mean I will stop having contempt for them.
    Won't stop other people not caring and enjoying their choice of race.

This is a discussion forum. Void Elves are a crap addition to the alliance especially compared to what the Horde gets
    With the exception of Paladins. Which is wonderful.
    That's your opinion. You're welcome to have it. I'm welcome to not give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I would honestly be surprised if in BFA we see Valeera anywhere but Quel'thalas. At the end of the day, she is a patriot and will not think kindly to the Alliance for doing what they are doing. The same goes for the rest of the blood elves, in recent years the opinion of the Alliance must have only grown more and more toxic.
    Yes, it will be interesting to see what will change with the blood elves. Because void/high elves are now playable, is there any reason to keep teasing the possibility of blood elves fully switching sides? The sympathisers could generally just leave, and switch to the other side, rather than the whole group, and this would eventually fill the blood elves with totally committed people to the horde. And those that love the alliance will firmly be there.

Where does that leave Valeera though? She definitely is a patriot, but she is also quite fond of Anduin Wyrnn, and he with her.

Go away.
    You threw your negative opinion about like/dislike at me to begin with. Your own fault. The topic wasn't about like or dislike, so I don't feel inclined to deal with you properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Is it forbidden that new things occur? No? What's the problem then...

Won't stop other people not caring and enjoying their choice of race.

That's your opinion. You're welcome to have it. I'm welcome to not give a fuck.
    I wonder if people would think about void elves differently if they were just a sub-race for now like we always have every expansion, and later then became an allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it will be interesting to see what will change with the blood elves. Because void/high elves are now playable, is there any reason to keep teasing the possibility of blood elves fully switching sides? The sympathisers could generally just leave, and switch to the other side, rather than the whole group, and this would eventually fill the blood elves with totally committed people to the horde. And those that love the alliance will firmly be there.

Where does that leave Valeera though? She definitely is a patriot, but she is also quite fond of Anduin Wyrnn, and he with her.
    I just think you are severely overestimating the amount of blood elves that want to join the alliance, the ones who wanted to leave did so already a long time ago.

The alliance wounded them three times, this is the fourth, a blood elf at this point wanting to join the alliance makes as much sense as a night elf wanting to join Orgrimmar.

In my opinion this is reinforced because the only elves alleria could manage to get into the alliance, were the ones already exiled for practicing the void.

That friendship, it was even that she was friends with varian, not anduin , willl fade very, very quickly when the alliance begins to make plans to try to cut Quel’thalas off. If the devs even remember her, her staying “Alliance” for better term of her stance, will be replaced by her going back to her homeland, not out of any horde loyalty, but a loyalty to the Sin’dorei. After all , she never was loyal to the alliance, only to varian and to be a bodyguard of Anduin. But when anduin begins to try to take quel’thalas, it would be nonsensical to see her stick around.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if people would think about void elves differently if they were just a sub-race for now like we always have every expansion, and later then became an allied race.
    I’m fairly certain the screeching that they aren’t white with blue eyes would still be there.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-11-11 at 04:27 AM.
    Holy shit lol