Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    If it were up to me, classic would be EXACTLY the same as it was. Start to finish. All the same game breaking bugs. All the grinding. Everything the same.

That being said.. Do you know anything about how long it took to find groups in classic? To get a group together and actually run the instance would take upwards of 4+ hours. If you had a guild group, you could cut that down to 2 hours... The queue system reduced it down to at most an hour of game time(for single queue DPS players) to get a party and do an entire instance. It's not insane to ask for the queue system. It's rational. Especially since all the people that played classic is now adults with jobs.

It's not trolling if someone disagrees with you. Stop being silly.
    Oke, your real-life friends want Vanilla with LFG and post-Naxx progression and it is not you trolling me it is just me being silly. I got that.

Now. You, on the other hand, want Vanilla “exactly” the same it was, right? I’m quoting you. However, in the next sentence you express deep concern for my personal gameplay experience, specifically you care about me not to waste too much time to do those dungeons. Is not it little bit too generous of you to sacrifice so much to please me, total stranger, even if I’m not asking you to do it? You are such a perfect human being caring so for fellow humans and definitely not a troll [sarcasm].

P.S.

Do you know anything about how long it took to find groups in classic?

I find this sentence specifically amusing, taking into account the four-year difference in our registrations on this forum. Definitely, you know best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Oke, your real-life friends want Vanilla with LFG and post-Naxx progression and it is not you trolling me it is just me being silly. I got that.
    You're being silly because you fail to realize that there are people with opinions that are different from your own.

Now. You, on the other hand, want Vanilla “exactly” the same it was, right? I’m quoting you.
    That's literally the purpose of recreating the game. If you change the game, it's not classic anymore. Common sense.

However, in the next sentence you express deep concern for my personal gameplay experience, specifically you care about me not to waste too much time to do those dungeons.
    No, I'm playing devils advocate. I never said I was concerned with your personal gameplay. I don't give a fuck what your experience is like.

I find this sentence specifically amusing, taking into account the four-year difference in our registrations on this forum. Definitely, you know best.
    What does that have to do with anything? My time on this forum has zero impact on my knowledge of the game. My post count could be "2" and what I'm saying would still be correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

That line is pure gold. I didn't know registration date was a credibility towards my opinion being more correct than other people on this forum!

I say vanillia is the best thing ever and current WoW sucks. Anybody is free to disagree, but your opinion is only correct, if you registered before me!

Wow.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    some gibberish
    You fail to detect sarcasm even with the warning sign it is, you contradict yourself in sentence by sentence, you post a bunch of banal platitudes - everything to declare yourself the victor. You genuinely want intact Vanilla yet you advocate LFGs and continuation beyond Naxx. You are not troll indeed. Not at all.
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.

You fail to detect sarcasm even with the warning sign it is, you contradict yourself in sentence by sentence, you post a bunch of banal platitudes - everything to declare yourself the victor. You genuinely want intact Vanilla yet you advocate LFGs and continuation beyond Naxx. You are not troll indeed. Not at all.
    You're a failure when it comes to reading comprehension.

Point out my contradictions. I fucking dare you.

I never claimed any victory.

I don't want classic servers. But, in order for them to be classic, they have to be the same.

I never advocated for LFGs or continuation beyond Naxx.

Best to be careful calling people trolls on this forum.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    That line is pure gold. I didn't know registration date was a credibility towards my opinion being more correct than other people on this forum!

I say vanillia is the best thing ever and current WoW sucks. Anybody is free to disagree, but your opinion is only correct, if you registered before me!

Wow.
    It was somewhat silly. True. But consider the context:

Do you know anything about how long it took to find groups in classic?
    He is obviously trolling and I wasn't articulate enough. All I wanted to say was I know thing or two about teaming up back in the day. But I said it in a stupid way. My bad.

Best to be careful calling people trolls on this forum.
    Yep, you are murloc. I got it
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-11-11 at 11:36 AM.

oldschool runescape also gets updates and is insanely popular. Yes we want vanilla but no updates at all sounds retarded in my honest opinion. Even more so since the people yelling "no updates no updates" can't seem to think about the game in the long run. No I am not asking for lfg, dungeon queues and other similar things but tiny bugfixes and balance changes are all for the good of the game in the long run.

Yeah yeah purists want it exactly the same because all improvements are bad, get over yourself. We should in my opinion get the most vanilla-like experience possible but there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Anyway as was said by other people, people deserve to have different opinions so respect that instead of flaming the moment they want something a tiny bit different than you. No I don't want a bunch of weird new systems but I still respect people that want em, no I don't want vanilla servers released with all the bugs and class imbalance but I still respect people that want em.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushima View Post
    oldschool runescape also gets updates and is insanely popular. Yes we want vanilla but no updates at all sounds retarded in my honest opinion. Even more so since the people yelling "no updates no updates" can't seem to think about the game in the long run. No I am not asking for lfg, dungeon queues and other similar things but tiny bugfixes and balance changes are all for the good of the game in the long run.

Yeah yeah purists want it exactly the same because all improvements are bad, get over yourself. We should in my opinion get the most vanilla-like experience possible but there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Anyway as was said by other people, people deserve to have different opinions so respect that instead of flaming the moment they want something a tiny bit different than you. No I don't want a bunch of weird new systems but I still respect people that want em, no I don't want vanilla servers released with all the bugs and class imbalance but I still respect people that want em.
    Absolutely. I'm all for others ppl fun if they are not against mine. What I mean is this: can so-called "purists" have at least one server left alone? Is it hard just not to "improve it"?

Absolutely. I'm all for others ppl fun if they are not against mine. What I mean is this: can so-called "purists" have at least one server left alone? Is it hard just not to "improve it"?
    So you want all the bugs , even the server crashing ones? I want it as pure as possible trust me. But no updates at all is simply not possible I am sorry.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushima View Post
    So you want all the bugs , even the server crashing ones? I want it as pure as possible trust me. But no updates at all is simply not possible I am sorry.
    Just for the record:

1. They already declared they will recreate server-side with modern tech. It is safe to assume 1.12.1 client is out of consideration. Thus, it is safe to assume there will be single client with access to “Classic” tab.

2. It is also safe to assume there will be new models, new textures just to save space – it would be ridicules to anticipate they would actually store two separate sets of assets.

Considering myself somewhat reasonable person I would accept all of that.

Thus I do not even entertain the idea all those bugs from Vanilla will be an issue. Because technically it will be Vanilla (hopefully) on modern server and client -sides engines. And I'm not against fixing new bugs to be absolutely clear.

Now what all reasonable (IMO) vanilla-funs want is 1.12.1 rule-set. Why?

1. It is quite silly to expect Blizz would participate in hassle of gradually maturing servers from 1.0 until 1.12.1 rule-sets. Might be fun, but overall pointless waste of time and resources better spent somewhere else (current game, for example).

2. You will never please large enough crowd with any changes made to the last iconic version of Vanilla either “progressive” QoL’s or regressive (namely prior to 1.09 – more “pure” Vanilla).

You need some sort of fair compromise to fulfill the declared promise: which is obviously 1.12.1 rule-set. Whether you like it or not it is universally accepted definition of Vanilla ver. of WoW.

TLDR: I do not want "all the bugs, even the server crashing ones."
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-11-11 at 12:31 PM.

1. They already declared they will recreate server-side with modern tech. It is safe to assume 1.12.1 client is out of consideration. Thus, it is safe to assume there will be single client with access to “Classic” tab.
    This is obvious. They'd never separate WoW:legion and WoW:classic. They want you to pay for the game still. Hope you're ready for the monthly subscription. There's even a low chance they'll charge you full price for the game, too.

2. It is also safe to assume there will be new models, new textures just to save space – it would be ridicules to anticipate they would actually store two separate sets of assets.
    It's really not safe to assume that. Considering that the old models are still in the game files. Tells me that you don't play the current version of WoW. There's a toggle to switch between old and new resolution models.

A character skin and shaders are only a PNG file and stored client side(or they used to be at least). Not the end of the world in terms of saved space.

Considering myself somewhat reasonable person I would accept all of that.
    Not very reasonable if you'll lash out at anyone who disagrees with you with ad hominem attacks.

1. It is quite silly to expect Blizz would participate in hassle of gradually maturing servers from 1.0 until 1.12.1 rule-sets. Might be fun, but overall pointless waste of time and resources better spent somewhere else (current game, for example).
    They said it themselves that they aren't sure what they're planning to do yet. All they said is that the game crashing bugs won't be there. They also said that other bugs might be there. Things like Sentry totem causing the Shaman to float in the air. Or shaman going to Tanaris and using the totem bug to get infinite stats. Etc, etc, etc.

2. You will never please large enough crowd with any changes made to the last iconic version of Vanilla either “progressive” QoL’s or regressive (namely prior to 1.09 – more “pure” Vanilla).

You need some sort of fair compromise to fulfill the declared promise: which is obviously 1.12.1 rule-set. Whether you like it or not it is universally accepted definition of Vanilla ver. of WoW.
    Again, they don't know what they're going to do yet. It's very likely they'll do a progression type server.

And, yeah, you can never please everyone. I'd advise you to expect disappointments rather than satisfaction when it comes to Blizzard reviving the things you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Which original experience?

Is it before or after Maraudon/Gurubashi were added? Should people be allowed to toggle their helms & cloaks?

Should it be before battlegrounds where the only pvp is wpvp/gurubashi or is 12 hour AV "original"?

Is the original experience before/after the addition of more raids than MC?

Are Kazzak/Azuregos the only world bosses, or are Dragons of Nightmare also part of the original experience, or is it before they added world bosses?

Are all of the original holidays part of it?

Is AQ20/40 part of it or should they only do before? How about Naxx?

Is the original experience before or after they revamped the talent tree for Druids/Hunters/Warlocks/Warriors?

That's the problem with saying you want the "original experience" when vanilla covered a period of 2+ years. There were a lot of revamps QoL improvements added during that time that I think a lot of people forget about, which a lot of purists will argue against, but they were part of vanilla. So which version of vanilla is the "original experience"?
    From a guy who hasn't played WoW since Wrath - Start at 1.0 and let people get the REAL vanilla experience. I'll likely be playing, RL allowing, and that is my single opinion. Steamrolling MC on private servers running 1.12 isn't particularly impressive.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's a toggle to switch between old and new resolution models.
    They got rid of old models for some quite time now.

Not very reasonable if you'll lash out at anyone who disagrees with you with ad hominem attacks
    Aren't you adorable: no lashes, condescending or ad hominem from you at all.

From a former Classic Beta Tester who hasn't played since Wrath - Vanilla 1.0. Steamrolling MC with 1.12.1 and previous patches content is neither fun nor impressive - nor does it accurately portray MC content at the time it was progressed.

They got rid of old models for some quite time now.
    No they didn't. I can load up the game right now and switch back and forth between the models.

Aren't you adorable: no lashes, condescending or ad hominem from you at all.
    Point out me lashing out at you or ad hominem attack. Unless you're using a different definition of ad hominem than the rest of the world.

I'll admit to the condescension. Mostly because you're wrong about most things, and using your opinions as fact for everything else. An example is the old models that you seem to think was removed for some reason... 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    People who play retail who will not enjoy vanilla... simply won't play vanilla. And that's fine. If they they joined after TBC and can't handle what WoW used to be like, that's absolutely fine. It's not for everyone.

Blizzard has already stated that 1 million or 10 thousand, classic servers will be here for as long as there's a world of warcraft.
    They say a lot of things but if they think they can make more money out of changing classic into something else, they will.
    When people started playing does not really matter. I started in vanilla beta but that does not mean I will enjoy classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannacookie View Post
    From a former Classic Beta Tester who hasn't played since Wrath - Vanilla 1.0. Steamrolling MC with 1.12.1 and previous patches content is neither fun nor impressive - nor does it accurately portray MC content at the time it was progressed.
    Exactly, which is why they'll likely go with a progressive type server and start from day one.

We also have to consider Blizzard's motives behind this. A progressive type server better lends itself to a subscription based model.

The title is already cringy enough, so no need to read the OP at all

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    I disagree, there is a group you completely missed. The people that would love to play Classic again, but not with all the tedious shit. Sitting in IF for 1h to get a group was fun when you were 15, same as farming mats for hours, but they already did that shit back then, but don't want and/or don't have the time to go through it all over. For those people, Classic is more about the world and the community aspect (as in, same server). Those people might not have cared before because they didn't think Classic would happen, but now that's it's a reality, they are voicing their opinion. And it's a valid one.

There was always going to be a divide, the same shit happened with EQ, and it was always going to happen with WoW if they decided to release Vanilla servers.
    There are people that like retail, retail exists and they are happy with that, hence a valid group of people.

There are people that like Classic exactly the way classic was. This game used to exist and can be recreated, also a valid group of people.

Then there are people like you, that want a version of WoW that has never since 2004 existed. You want a miss mash of patches which essentially is a new game. This is not a valid opinion and you don't get to jump on the bandwagon of classic and morph it with your very subjective ideals.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    No they didn't. I can load up the game right now and switch back and forth between the models.
    Just heads. No bodies, no animations. But not only char models were updated, other assets were updated too. So my point was, before you say something, they will probably use exclusively new graphics just to save space in single client. Again, because murlocs got attention span of goldfishes, the fact they removed bodies + animations reinforce my point about them caring about client size.

I'll admit to the condescension. Mostly because you're wrong about most things, and using your opinions as fact for everything else. An example is the old models that you seem to think was removed for some reason... 100% wrong.
    Let's say 10-15% wrong give or take? And only because I didn't point to the fact, I considered obvious, they left only 10-15% of old char models. I was discussing technical side of the matter, not aesthetical, I should've be more precise for murlocs though