Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    But how do I tell another person who fits in with the guild, performs well and is a valued member "Sorry man, we need a resto druid, so...cya"? That's something I don't want to do.
    You are not (and neither am I) where a valued member will be excluded from the roster because of class. While you can't have 11 demon hunters, having 1 to much of a class is not gamebreaking. In my guild we take whatever team will have the best chance of killing the boss, be it player skill/setup. On some bosses specific classes are OP - but in most cases you can get around them. A holy paladin is insane on KJ Mythic, but we still managed with a resto shaman healing the adds instead.

We keep a roster of ~27 players, which gives alot of flexibility, as well as variance in classes. There are some things we have to much off, and to little off - but overall it is fine. In my experience, you rather want to many raiders than to few - even though that means you have to bench people more often. While is it not fun for the players and difficult to manage, it means you can adapt to changes happening, and always be able to set a raid.

I would suggest talking to your co-officers about what goals you have with the guild, and afterwards explain it to your raiders, so they know where you are heading as a guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infernity View Post
    If your raiders know about mythic, they know they need a semi-reasonable set up. No one has to be benched for hc, but for mythic, you are going to need a relatively decent melee:ranged ratio. Also, token distribution will be a bitch unless you're rolling PL.

Anyone who has raided mythic knows about set up needed, your raiders should be no different
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    You don't. The optimal mythic roster is ~28 members. You can rotate for different bosses/ID's. So with for example 3 DHs, you take 2 of them one week, and the next week you take the third DH while one of the other 2 will be benched.

The bench is nothing bad. Also, if someone doesn't make it to the raid, it won't cause you to cancel the raid night.
    Both of these quotes are the answer you always want a bench 25-28 range this also helps for mythic bosses when you need some thing from a single class and having another of that class can make a hard boss into an easier one but this say bringing in a 2nd resto shammy for another slt and you normaly don do not 2 on every boss can only happen if you have a bench as was said by the 2nd person anyone doing mythic knows this is how it works as the first person pointed out.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-11-11 at 12:41 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    If you are building your guild to head into mythic, you are building your guild to fail. Set up your roster to perform heroics comfortably, and people will begin rolling alts, switching mains etc. Your class makeup will organically sort itself out if you have a stable and reliable core team.

Trying to emulate world 100 guilds like so many people do, is an almost guaranteed road to drama and guild collapse.
    Can concur. While rosters are definitely a concern for Mythic, trying to force people to do things they don't want to is a surefire way to lose members, or at least create resentment and frustrations. You should first focus on clearing Heroic and get a core of good players while recruiting. Guild having AOTC is a potent recruiting tool early in the tier, and even if you enter Mythic with a less-than-ideal roster it's not that big an issue as early bosses are never hard enough to enforce a particular composition.

Tied to the above, always recruit. A guild that is not recruiting is a guild that will slowly lose members to attrition. It also allows you to plug holes in the roster in a more organic way than by telling this Arms Warrior that he's gotta play a rogue or hunter now.

I think baby steps is how you build a Mythic team. Trying to brute-force things because ''well top guilds do that'' will lead to issues, top guilds do things other guilds don't have to emulate in order to succeed later down the line. You''l have at least 10 months to clear Antorus. I say don't rush it.