Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's funny. People criticise him for not focusing on the Legion when Sylvanas was about to imprison Eyir and grab herself an infinite amount of val'kyrs.

Then the first thing Sylvanas does after Legion is done, is to start planning an attack on Stormwind.

Suddenly it seems handy that Genn stopped her.

I feel they are setting him up to be the Saurfang of the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    I can't see I've seen that much hate for him myself, and when I have it's mostly done by someone in jest as a member of the opposite faction.
    The Alliance really needed someone like him to get shit done when Anduin is sitting around talking about peace.

Holy shit. Is this the actual maturity level of the Alliance players on this forum? I mean, how does anyone actually spout this pathetic shit and think they've come out ahead?

I know these people doesn't speak for the entire alliance player base, but they sure do a good job at making you look bad to someone just browsing through here.

Also, the irony of you people talking about "fanboys". Sheesh.

it seems you are new here and you have no idea how many sylvanas fanboys lay on these forums hence why you witness these reactions. they should rename this site sylvanaschampion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    so from a face in the cinematic you made the conclusion that he manipulates anduin? no one can manipulate anduin. if he didn't want to attak lordaeron he wouldn't. but since he does genn OBVIOUSLY will be happy since he hates sylvanas for a very good reason. and he doesn't have a new home anymore since teldrassil is going to be ash and dust. thankfully he takes his kingdom back in bfa. his want for war if fucking justified. and he doesn't hate the whole horde he hates sylvanas and the forsaken.
    the horde has been through some rough shit i agree. so does genn. from the playable alliance races only gilneas and draenei are the ones who have suffered greatly and literally became homeless.

i bet if you were in his shoes and someone killed your son and your family you wouldn't want revenge
    oh why should i bother and risk to lose my life or hurt my remaining loved ones for some pity revenge right?
    and by the way he gets his kingdom back in bfa if you watched blizzcon
    Anduin is very easily manipulated due to both his age and his reliance on his peers. He's going to be looking to Velen and Genn and the other leaders for guidance as he adjusts to his position as king. Anduin's always been more for peace. Always. But we've finally seen him take on the duty as King and that "Peace is not always the answer" I definitly think Anduin is prone for manipulation and that is my conclusion. We don't know Anduin's entire thoughts yet or if Genn has manipulated him fully. But I am still going to take it into consideration that Genn is a key player into pushing Anduin into war.

I know Genn has justifications for his want for war and his desire for Sylvanas' death. But that still doesn't stop people from disliking him. I both hate and like Genn. I like hating him but I enjoy his character. I like Sylvanas even if I know she can be a bit of a bitch. But she's showing development which is what I like to see. Her shouting, "FOR THE HORDE" and rallying Saurfang and the Horde is my favorite part of the cinematic.

We've still many missing pieces to why this war has happened we know it starts with the burning of Teldrassil but we don't have the facts that Sylvanas or the Horde fully did it. We'll find out eventually though.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    I feel they are setting him up to be the Saurfang of the Alliance.
    Oh no, the honor to be the Saurfang of the Alliance belongs to Lord Crowley! The man who was able to fight and kill Worgen with his bare fists.
    Last edited by Graden; 2017-11-11 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But, so is Sylvanas. Using resources for her goals too.
    it's a matter of perspective.
    from the horde perspective he just kind of shows up to attack a strike force sent to fight the legion.
    sylvanas does do some nefarious stuff without telling anyone, But the over all context of the conflict is a crazy old man high jacks a military gunship to assassinate someone he a personal grudge against.

maybe they set it up for the alliance in some grandiose way but from our perspective he just kind of goes renegade and tries to start another war during the legion invasion. i mean just because i don't word what i say well doesn't render the point mute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Genn as a person but he's one of the more interesting Alliance characters -- the only one they seem to not be afraid to write as a petty, vengeful asshole.

First he holes up in his kingdom for years doing nothing to help anyone, and in situations like Stormheim he's willing to ignore the dangerous, potentially world-ending demonic invasion to fight Sylvanas, because that just couldn't wait until later. He doesn't do thinks for greater good, he does them for revenge. And it's pretty fun. I can see why Genn would feel justified, but I can also see why he isn't.

I don't like him. I want to see his head on a pike, or maybe a nice rug made out of him in front of a cozy fireplace...
    But I like him. At least his actions and behavior makes me care what happens to him.

Can't say I like his fanboys though. Not because they like him, but apparently you can't ~criticize poor widdle alliance hero genn~ without owning a sylvanas bodypillow. Because liking Sylvanas is the ONLY reason anyone could ever dislike Greymane. Like... lol. Gray morality characters always have a broken base of fans who adore them and fans who dislike them, this is not anything unique to Genn.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    It's funny. People criticise him for not focusing on the Legion when Sylvanas was about to imprison Eyir and grab herself an infinite amount of val'kyrs.
    Sylvanas gets called out on it all the time though, from players from both factions...

She, too, is a gray morality character, and has a very split fan/anti-fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post

Then the first thing Sylvanas does after Legion is done, is to start planning an attack on Stormwind.

Suddenly it seems handy that Genn stopped her.
    Now a days people only see one way, their way, and if you don't see it like them they will hate on you until the day they die. The people that like Sylvanas will crucify you and your family just because you don't like her or that you like someone opposing her. Personally I like Genn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    it's a matter of perspective.
    from the horde perspective he just kind of shows up to attack a strike force sent to fight the legion.
    sylvanas does do some nefarious stuff without telling anyone, But the over all context of the conflict is a crazy old man high jacks a military gunship to assassinate someone he a personal grudge against.

maybe they set it up for the alliance in some grandiose way but from our perspective he just kind of goes renegade and tries to start another war during the legion invasion. i mean just because i don't word what i say well doesn't render the point mute.
    Just think of the Alliance perspective, watching the Banshee Queen ripping them apart.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    it seems you are new here and you have no idea how many sylvanas fanboys lay on these forums hence why you witness these reactions. they should rename this site sylvanaschampion
    I admit I've been away from this place for a while, so I haven't seen any of these "Sylvanas fanboys", and while they might be every bit as retarded as the people I quoted it doesn't really take away from the fact that the immaturity levels of these posts are off the fuckin chart.

I'm not a lore boffin but I like him. He's a badass werewolf and has the potential to do some drastic things which makes alliance more exciting and volatile rather than just being seen as 'the boring good guys'

i hate him although i play alliance and that is because he left the alliance of lordaeron and didnt help fight the scourge and building his wall. mostly he is hated by sylvanas fans even though she started a war, used the plague, killed his son and still is the good guy and genn is the bad. ofc the old dog wants revenge, who wouldnt? whatever shit sylvanas does the fanboys will love her cause badass and murderer is cool and people like to be cool or side with the "cool" side
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

The Alliance really needed someone like him to get shit done when Anduin is sitting around talking about peace.

Holy shit. Is this the actual maturity level of the Alliance players on this forum? I mean, how does anyone actually spout this pathetic shit and think they've come out ahead?

I'm not even an Alliance player. My main is a tauren druid. My most-played alt is a troll hunter.

You've shown an exceptional level of ignorance right here and it goes hand-in-hand with what I wrote above. Just because I know and state that Genn recieves the hate mostly due to an abundance of Sylvanas fanboys, it doesn't mean I'm an Alliance player.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bet if you were in his shoes and someone killed your son and your family you wouldn't want revenge
    oh why should i bother and risk to lose my life or hurt my remaining loved ones for some pity revenge right?
    and by the way he gets his kingdom back in bfa if you watched blizzcon
    Nobody killed his FAMILY. His wife and daughter are still alive. If I lost my child, I would want revenge, yes. But guess what? I'd do it myself and not waste the lives of my PEOPLE.

Why even argue with you, you seem to be a Genn fanboi and I cba argue with someone like that.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Genn. He is someone that Alliance needs, in my opinion. Strong, effective, ruthless, inspiring. But also flawed.

I play Horde, and I envy Alliance got someone like him.

and while they might be every bit as retarded as the people I quoted it doesn't really take away from the fact that the immaturity levels of these posts are off the fuckin chart.
    I see. Calling six people retards seems to be the defining moment of your maturity then?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I like Genn. He is someone that Alliance needs, in my opinion. Strong, effective, ruthless, inspiring. But also flawed.

I play Horde, and I envy Alliance got someone like him.
    yea they really did a number on saurfang and give the reigns in the undeads hands. always thought he or eitrigg would lead the horde post vol'jin
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I don't like Genn because he is a poorly written character (at least in game) ... I get it, he has a beast inside, doesn't mean he has to act like a stupid caged animal.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'm not even an Alliance player. My main is a tauren druid. My most-played alt is a troll hunter.

You've shown an exceptional level of ignorance right here and it goes hand-in-hand with what I wrote above. Just because I know and state that Genn recieves the hate mostly due to an abundance of Sylvanas fanboys, it doesn't mean I'm an Alliance player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I see. Calling six people retards seems to be the defining moment of your maturity then?
    The fact that this: "Don't try to get into a reasonable discussion with anyone that is a fan of an oversexualized elven character. It is pointless." is your mindset when coming into a discussion makes talking to you pointless.

They like a certain character that you don't like? Obviously their opinion, whatever it might be and how well thought out it is, is worthless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Nobody killed his FAMILY. His wife and daughter are still alive. If I lost my child, I would want revenge, yes. But guess what? I'd do it myself and not waste the lives of my PEOPLE.

Why even argue with you, you seem to be a Genn fanboi and I cba argue with someone like that.
    but HIS PEOPLE WANT TO fight alongside him against sylvanas and the forsaken. do you think genn brainwash his people to go to war? every single gilnean/worgen npc in legion has a quote similar to ''sylvanas will pay for her crimes, vengeance for greymane'' etc. and according to blizzcon, gilneans continue to seek vengeance in bfa.
    this is what you don't understand. even if genn was not around gilneans would still hunt the forsaken. they do hate them with pation. genn may have lost a son but other gilneans lost their entire families if you think losing a son is not enough. just take a look at other npcs like crowley and his daughter, lorna. as alliance you do quests with her. she only wants to see sylvanas dead and nothing more.

gilneans live to see the forsaken dead after what happened in gilneas. will they achieve it? no probably. but taking revenge is not a matter of genn only, is of the entire gilneas as a nation. genn just happens to be the king and obviously is the one who represents it and receives all the hate.