Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    How about wife telling you to move over, it's her turn?
    Well i wasn't married when i was 14 so i didn't have that issue

I did have to share the PC with my family though, life was a struggle back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    By the way. What happened with the "screenshot of the day" section we used to have on the old WoW website, is it completely gone or there is a copy of it somewhere?
    You can still access it, though it seems they stopped it in WoD

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/sc...ot-of-the-day/

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    No, you can't download vanilla from Blizzard, nice try though.
    You could back in the day.

Oh man, this thread got me to go through my old Photobucket account to see what Classic screenshots and such that I saved up

One of my guild as we progressed through Naxx:

One time when I was quasi AFK some guy was walking around Org begging trying to sell stuff, I teased him and tested his dedication. The trade was a success:

And definitely my all time favorite, very early in the morning I received an all-hands call from my guild. The Alliance were going to try to finish the AQ gate opening during dead hours to try and screw us out of getting a Scarab Lord (sadly I wasn't the one furthest progressed with it in my guild.. #2 and didn't complete in time D: ). This resulted in a full on war for hours until we finally forged a truce and lined up on along the road to the AQ gong... until the event continued with Saurfang charging in and all hell broke loose again. But for about an hour, everyone faced each other like this. It was glorious:

Last edited by Yizelin; 2017-11-10 at 04:08 PM. Reason: lul photobucket rules
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    You could back in the day.
    Not during nostalrius which that screenshot was from.

Not during nostalrius which that screenshot was from.
    He might've saved the installer from a long time ago. Would it be pirating if he saved the installer on his own FTP and then downloaded it from there? I don't think so.

He might've saved the installer from a long time ago. Would it be pirating if he saved the installer on his own FTP and then downloaded it from there? I don't think so.
    The odds of him saving his installer for 10+ years that installs to the exact same patch that nostalrius used is pretty much zero.

You are just grasping at straws right now, the game client in that screenshot was 100% pirated.

The odds of him saving his installer for 10+ years that installs to the exact same patch that nostalrius used is pretty much zero.

You are just grasping at straws right now, the game client in that screenshot was 100% pirated.
    You can't really be completely sure about that, but either way, who gives a shit? Are you really that bitter that you're crying about someone downloading a free software from another source than the original?

10+ Year Old Account
    Day 1

Running to Hillsbrad for WW axe quest with a guildie warr.

Tank went AFK

Last edited by Thrax; 2017-11-11 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    That Skullflame Shield drop reaction! back in a days where epics were epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Back from the first Blizzcon. Server first untamed blade too! I used to go to the Undercity and hang out in the throne room. I was so overgeared compared to most of the horde that no one would bother me. I also used to have some transmog gear before transmog existed. Dreadmist helm (which pissed off warlocks so hard) as well as the twilight cultist gear.
    Dreadmist Mages gotta stick together

Early PvP

Guild started to grow

Nabbed a server first (it started out as a fairly casual guild, as seen in gchat)

We got enough to break into MC (probably my favorite screenshot)

Through BWL and AQ40

You can't really be completely sure about that, but either way, who gives a shit? Are you really that bitter that you're crying about someone downloading a free software from another source than the original?
    Someone claimed that it wasn't piracy, all I did was say that it was piracy. I never once said anything about what I think about him illegally downloading the game. Nice strawman though, I rate 5/7 perfect score.

World of Warcraft wasn't free back then. You either had to use a trial code which gave you a few days of trial playtime, 7 days iirc, or you had to buy the game.

Even if the game was free, which it wasn't, it would still be piracy to download it from an unauthorized site. Here is both the current and the old 2006 EULA:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060315...egal/eula.html
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

The Game is distributed solely for use by authorized end users according to the terms of the License Agreement. Any use, reproduction or redistribution of the Game not expressly authorized by the terms of the License Agreement is expressly prohibited.
    The Game is available for use only by authorized end users in accordance with the terms of the Blizzard Agreements. Any use, reproduction, modification or distribution of the Game not expressly authorized by the terms of the Blizzard Agreements is expressly prohibited.
    No matter how you look at it, he had/has a pirated copy of WoW.

Someone claimed that it wasn't piracy, all I did was say that it was piracy. I never once said anything about what I think about him illegally downloading the game. Nice strawman though, I rate 5/7 perfect score.

World of Warcraft wasn't free back then. You either had to use a trial code which gave you a few days of trial playtime, 7 days iirc, or you had to buy the game.

Even if the game was free, which it wasn't, it would still be piracy to download it from an unauthorized site. Here is both the current and the old 2006 EULA:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060315...egal/eula.html
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

No matter how you look at it, he had/has a pirated copy of WoW.
    It really doesn't matter if there was subscriptions or purchases for access to the servers, the client was available for free to EVERYONE. So like I said before, if I have a client that I downloaded from worldofwarcraft.com 10 years ago and kept it on an FTP server until today, would I be pirating the game by downloading it from there? No.

It really doesn't matter if there was subscriptions or purchases for access to the servers, the client was available for free to EVERYONE. So like I said before, if I have a client that I downloaded from worldofwarcraft.com 10 years ago and kept it on an FTP server until today, would I be pirating the game by downloading it from there? No.
    No, it's not piracy if you are using a client you downloaded from worldofwarcraft.com. But I can guarantee you that he did not save the installer for WoW for over 10 years with the exact same patch that nostalrius ran on. He downloaded it either from nostalrius, since they had their own client installer, or *insert torrent site here*. Which is 100% piracy. I don't know why you are so stuck on "downloading a client I saved on my own FTP server for 10+ years", you can probably count with your fingers how many people have saved the client from vanilla on their own FTP servers for over 10 years.

No, it's not piracy if you are using a client you downloaded from worldofwarcraft.com. But I can guarantee you that he did not save the installer for WoW for over 10 years with the exact same patch that nostalrius ran on. He downloaded it either from nostalrius, since they had their own client installer, or *insert torrent site here*. Which is 100% piracy. I don't know why you are so stuck on "downloading a client I saved on my own FTP server for 10+ years", you can probably count with your fingers how many people have saved the client from vanilla on their own FTP servers for over 10 years.
    You are just a bitter person for some reason, but you still can't say that it's 100% piracy if you don't have any proof. I'm sure there's a lot of people who save random stuff, I mean as you can see in this thread people are posting screenshots from the time where a client was available for download.

You are just a bitter person for some reason, but you still can't say that it's 100% piracy if you don't have any proof. I'm sure there's a lot of people who save random stuff, I mean as you can see in this thread people are posting screenshots from the time where a client was available for download.
    You obviously don't know what bitter means. Saving a picture, which is a memory, is not the same as saving an installer for a game...

I started playing in 1.12.1 and I needed to reinstall the game often. I installed the game via CD and downloaded 1.x to 1.12.0 patch and after that 1.12.0 to 1.12.1. All of them from here http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_...s?oldid=285803. I know it might be stupid to download patch from non official site but the game itself was my own. I don't find it being piracy since I had the CDs and patches just were faster for me to download from external sites.

You can do all that today as well. It's not piracy if you own the original CDs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    I have not played the druid since 2008, and I have even given up the account as I switched to the NA realm from TW in 2014. Currently I have worgen rogue boobs and night elf demon hunter boobs.

Here are some previews of my vanilla screenshots if you guys want to take a glance at:

(From the gallery of 35 vanilla screenshots on Google Photos)

I may spend time on BfA more in the future, but it does not mean I will ignore Classic.

By the way, my demon hunter looks almost identical to my first character as a druid, but with a pair of high-definition boobs.

all boobs are good boobs! lol.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost all of my other screenshots a long time ago, found these on my photobucket a while ago.

Are you a paying member of Photobucket? Because they wont let me post my pictures to third party places without membership. It's the only site that has my old images. If only Imgur was a thing back in 2005 - 2007 :*(
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-11-14 at 06:01 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Last edited by babalou1; 2017-11-14 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Are you a paying member of Photobucket? Because they wont let me post my pictures to third party places without membership. It's the only site that has my old images. If only Imgur was a thing back in 2005 - 2007 :*(
    Download Them and reuploaded to imgur