Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Zaxby's is probably some of the best I've had so far. They're Zax sauce is just amazing. I want it on everything.

Mrs. Winners was really good back in the 90's especially at the location that was in Warner Robins, GA. Huge pieces of chicken, perfectly breaded and fried, non-greasy. Their biscuits were amazing. But it appears that the chain is much smaller than I remember.

Perhaps a victim of mismanagement.

http://www.lovemrswinners.com/

My current favorite is Raising Cane's

https://www.raisingcanes.com/

There's a place here called Lee's Famous recipe chicken. They're great. I love getting orders of their gizzards.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    KFC is no where near what it used to be. Quality has gone way downhill. Popeyes has KFC beat hands down.
    This. I use to think there was no chicken as good as KFC. There are several now which are even better.

I feel the same for Wendy's however. Use to be good. It is not near as good as it use to be.

Deleted
    The best fried chicken I ever had or ever would have is the chicken I fry on my pan, without a horrid crust like the thing in the picture has. I don't mind eating fried chicken with different types of potato, or different types of rice, or even on bread. Just no point in putting pancake batter on it.

Deleted
    Had a wonderful Buttermilk Fried Chicken with corn on the cob and potato salad at the South House in Jersey City. Best food I got during our 5 days in the NYC area. If you follow the road a little you also get a wonderful view of the NYC skyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    UK KFC zinger popcorn chicken around the year 2002, they stopped doing it for a while and when they brought it back the recipe had changed. I have tried it in 20+ countries since then and none have been able to match the quality of the original.
    The first run is always a set up, like heroin or crack.

My favorite chicken sandwich was the original Spicy Po' Boy from Popeye's. They used cabbage instead of lettuce, and it made all the difference. The cabbage could stand up to the residual heat of the fried chicken, it retained its crunchiness and it's bland natural flavor enhanced the entire sandwich by giving you a small break from the fattiness of the mayo and the spiciness of the chicken. They suddenly switched to lettuce and that shit all wilts, probably the moment the chicken touches it, doesn't add anything to the flavor, just increases the goopiness factor with wilted lettuce, and it cooks the mayo, so it's clear, starting to get crusty and just all around disgusting.

Zinger popcorn chicken sounds good AF. They never brought it to my area as popcorn, I wish they would have. The original zinger sandwich was pretty damn good when I ordered it naked. It suffered from the terrible shredded lettuce + mayo combo otherwise, like so many other delicious chicken sandwiches.

Anyway,
    Current fast food fave: KFC Nashville Hot. All in the sauce.
    All-time: Home-made chicken fingers with a seasoned flour/panko coating. Takes a lot of prep time though, since ya gotta brine your birds.

Raising Cane's best resturant ever

Nothing like home cooked.

There is a local place here that serves all you eat though. I haven’t been there in quite a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 49yroldjello View Post
    Raising Cane's best resturant ever
    My daughter says their sauce is pretty good.

My favorite fried chicken comes from my own hands. Keys: buttermilk marinated, heavily seasoned breading, and shallow fried in a cast iron skillet.

If I get it when eating out, there's a great independent restaurant in my city where they do it right.

Fast food? Bleh. My local grocery store's deli section does it better than KFC, Popeye's, or Cane's.

Since I was assuming Southern US style fried chicken, I'll add a twist, Southeast Asian style fried chicken is bomb-diggity (yes, I typed that), and there are plenty of places near me that do it. Or I do it myself. I'll share recipes.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2017-12-29 at 05:56 PM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Probably fried chicken from Albtersons out in southern California in the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only eat grilled chicken.

7+ Year Old Account
    In my 20s, my girlfriend's grandmother. I would split wood for her fire place she would make me fried chicken. RIP Lorna, you were awesome.

Two Sisters in Jackson, MS is pretty damned delicious:

Forget the name of the diner but it was in Oakland CA at Jack London square and it was waffles and fried chicken. God damn it was good.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Popeye's>KFC
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    The best fried chicken is made in a brown or plastic bag and cast iron skillet.

If were talking fast food/grab and go. Boneless chicken doesn't count, them be chicken tenders.

Popeyes > Publix > Bojangles > Churches > > > > > > > Walmart > > > > > > > > KFC

I dont know what it is about KFC but its the sweatest chicken I've ever eaten, never fails. Its like they pump their chicken full of water and it all comes out when the chicken is resting or something.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-12-30 at 05:34 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Two Sisters in Jackson, MS is pretty damned delicious:

/snip image
    Your local joint is almost always going to beat any chain. If they don't, that local joint shouldn't exist. Of course, see this thread.

For anyone who cares, try this: After marinating your chicken in buttermilk overnight, make a blend. I do this by eye, so I don't have measurements, but it's 2:2:1:1:1:1:1:1. That is, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, oregano, black pepper, cayenne, and salt. You can skimp on the cayenne if you want. Do about a tablespoon (15ml) of that per cup (240ml) of all-purpose flour. And smash.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rickys corner in Rodeo, California.