Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Would someone like Genn or Jaina actually believe them though?
    Because they have no reason to doubt the mages/paladin/druid/etc factions? They certainly must have learned that Voljin died from his wounds there as well. The set up remains piss poor as a source of ongoing conflict.. and actually devalues exponentially as time goes on.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-11 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    dunno why, he just radiates this i dont give a fuck about the alliance i just want to kill sylvannas vibe (maybe because he backastabed them once in the past)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Because they have no reason to doubt the mages/paladin/druid/etc factions? They certainly must have learned that Voljin died from his wounds there as well. The set up remains piss poor as source of ongoing conflict..
    They have no reason to doubt a class (whichever) who's loyalty in the end is going to be with the faction they house no love for? I don't think it's that easy.

They have no reason to doubt a class (whichever) who's loyalty in the end is going to be with the faction they house no love for? I don't think it's that easy.
    The alliance knew vol'jin was dead at the time of the funeral. There was even a human in attendance who had ties to him. That human is as good as a first hand source is going to get, as if there weren't a million other ways to confirm it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Do you remember how we met Garrosh? He was a crybaby in Nagrand who didn't want to leave his house, so I can understand why he has so many fans.
    Savage 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    The kids are just upset he actually managed to stop their "queen" Sylvanas from what she was trying to do in Stormheim. That's why!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The kids are just upset he actually managed to stop their "queen" Sylvanas from what she was trying to do in Stormheim. That's why!
    What is your opinion of Anasterian Sunstrider?

Genn is a slightly more selfish version.

5+ Year Old Account
    Short version: It's Faction-Based hatred as the different sides incorporate their faction as a fundamental piece of their identity and defend it, rabidly. See also: the Tea Party.

Longer version: Horde players and alliance players both ignore the bad things their characters do in favor of tearing down the opposite faction because like the Nintendo Wars of the 80s and 90s they've chosen a side and would hate to be viewed as being "Wrong" for doing so. Genn Greymane has done some, frankly, evil shit. All the moralizing or pointing to a single quest in Azsuna doesn't appropriately justify his decision to disobey the High King and attempt to kill Sylvanas, sacrificing Alliance and Horde troops in the process while risking the entire fate of the world in doing so as an AvH war during the Legion's final assault on Azeroth could've cost us the whole world.

Similarly, Horde fans will spend all day every day trying to justify the actions of Sylvanas or even Garrosh because he represents their "Side" until such time as he doesn't. The Alliance fan, for example, will go on and on about Garrosh's evil actions in Wrath and Cata, but will praise him as doing "Nothing Wrong" in Mists when he started killing Hordies. Similarly, the Horde fan will say he was acting appropriately, or at least justifiably, in Wrath and Cata, but condemn him for his actions in Mists. Both sides hate him in WoD, though, 'cause WoD was lame.

This particular form of cognitive dissonance is common in any situation where a person makes a choice to apply an ideological label to their personal identity. There is no cure, as any fact offered which undermines that identity is viewed as a personal attack and causes the mind to clamp down all the harder on the identity in question, rather than release it. Examples include Flat Earthers and Climate Change Deniers to whom you can show all of the evidence in the world and they'll argue about the great lengths people wil go to "Trick" you into thinking the earth isn't flat or that global climate change is actually occuring.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing (since you can just ignore the people who have made that political label a part of their identity) if it weren't for the corollary problems: Horseshoe Theory and False Equivalence. Horseshoe Theory being that as different as two sides are they're becoming more alike as if the political spectrum were a horseshoe with the outliers closer together than the moderates. For an example thereof, look to the Nazi v Antifa arguments. The Alliance must be as bad as the Horde because they are opposed, or the Horde must be as bad as the Alliance because they are opposed. In truth, both are awful in completely unique and divergent ways! Meanwhile the theft of the Bell didn't justify the Sunreavers getting beaten, robbed, and chucked to their deaths, but thanks to the magic of False Equivalence, theft can be equated to murder! Similarly, an attack on Sylvanas might be Casus Belli, but it wouldn't be an appropriate justification for burning down Teldrassil.

Both sides happily start wars, but their general motivations tend to be different. While the Horde often seeks to conquer more territory for the benefit of their people, the Alliance starts wars over personal vendettas. The Horde is willing to torture and enslave their enemies, while the Alliance is willing to enslave their enemies or people they barely know, but not torture anyone. Well. Aside from the Undead. The Alliance tends to be Racist while the Horde tends to be Classist. Both shitty, just in different ways.

They're also both noble in different ways. The Alliance has a long and proud tradition of working together in times of need but allowing each people to manage their own and self-rule. While the Horde are a group of disparate people who are often at odds with one another, but who would die to save each other because they've banded together for their group survival. The Alliance favors the Light while the Horde favors Nature.

It's a thing.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-11-11 at 04:43 PM.

He is the crooked Hillary of the Alliance.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

He is cute!

Also, the irony of you people talking about "fanboys". Sheesh.
    Careful there my dude, you risk being branded af "fanboi" if you keep this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    it seems you are new here and you have no idea how many sylvanas fanboys lay on these forums
    Just about as many as there are people who'll brand you a fanboy or necrophiliac for not hating Sylvanas as much as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    People don't have to be Alliance players to reckognize the existence of irrational Sylvanas fans that are toxic towards whatever story element doesn't favour her.
    To be fair, the opposition to these "fanboys", are for the most part not any less toxic around here.

The only requirement to qualify as a Sylvanas fanboy, seems to be not hating Sylvanas with every fiber in your body. If you're not on the hate train, then you jerk off to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    but there is a better way to voice your disagreement instead of calling people retards.
    Just as there's a better way than calling people "fanbois".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The factions have been working in collaboration through class halls throughout legion and the alliance knew straight after the broken shore vol'jin was also dead. Genn still holds the notion the horde betrayed the alliance in BfA with all this in mind.
    It's not the factions that are working together, it's the classes. That's why we have class halls in the first place. We basically said, "The factions aren't getting their shit together, what can we do?" And then we found out about the various groups of mages, priests, rogues, etc. who were rallying to combat the threat of the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you are against sylvanus, people will hate you

Deleted
    Used to like Genn even in this expansion and up to the reveal of this cinematic . Then this pathetic ol wolf jumping up and down barking "my king" like an over enthousiast puppy that gonna crawl or stand at his master's command was kinda of meh.

Deleted
    Garrosh was fighting the good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if you are against sylvanus, people will hate you
    The Horde*

See: Varian, Jaina, Staghelm, probably Anduin. Everyone hates the Alliance heroes that are vehemently anti-Horde. It's almost like it's a bias.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Because too many Sylvanas fans are on this Site and since he is in direct conflict with her it makes him a "bad" character. Which is ironic when you look at how horrible of a character Sylvanas is.
    Basically this. People cannot grasp narrative structures.

Genn is the only cool character among all those major lore figures. Much better than all the Horde dipshits, green Jesus, Draenei Moses and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's not the factions that are working together, it's the classes. That's why we have class halls in the first place. We basically said, "The factions aren't getting their shit together, what can we do?" And then we found out about the various groups of mages, priests, rogues, etc. who were rallying to combat the threat of the Legion.
    None of this is a valid reason why despite a large amount of notable people both neutral and alliance aligned knowing that the horde didn't betray the alliance Genn is still saying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I don't even know what you're talking about here.
    You include me in a list of Alliance 'players' and 'fanboys' based on my approval of Genn actively working to end Sylvanas,
    when I'm actually a Horde player and have been ever since I started playing the game.
    So if you don't know what I'm talking about I'll make rash assumptions such as yourself, and conclude you're mentally disabled.