Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    and if you'd kept reading...
    That does not make sense. Orcs, humans, dwarves and almost every other race are not "magical beings", yet can be mages, warlocks and everything else.

The mana addiction was due to being constantly empowered by the Sunwell, that does not mean they can't use magic without it.

Also, I didn't bother to reply to your entire post because the premise was wrong, so the conclusion would also be wrong.
    Whatever...

Ill just slide in here and post picture i always liked. This guy Ramavatarama made a pretty cool design for vereesa and the armor she is wearing.. I know it is just modified brutal gladiator leather outfit, but it looks better, if it is not glued on the body and has some ''3D'' elements.
    Just something, that could be used as a heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Ill just slide in here and post picture i always liked. This guy Ramavatarama made a pretty cool design for vereesa and the armor she is wearing.. I know it is just modified brutal gladiator leather outfit, but it looks better, if it is not glued on the body and has some ''3D'' elements.
    Just something, that could be used as a heritage armor.
    Very nice! Love this kind of details.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    That does not make sense. Orcs, humans, dwarves and almost every other race are not "magical beings", yet can be mages, warlocks and everything else.

The mana addiction was due to being constantly empowered by the Sunwell, that does not mean they can't use magic without it.

Also, I didn't bother to reply to your entire post because the premise was wrong, so the conclusion would also be wrong.

A logical fallacy at its finest.

But the other races don't have a problem with addiction do they? Certain races have certain affinities toward certain types of magic. So therefore an almost extinct race would not suddenly take up using magic again... given how hard they have tried (according to you and your sourcing) to ween themselves off it.

Also in regards to your comment about the Sunwell that is completely false. Across all fantasies there are certain rules/physics that are applied (even to magic) one archetype that remains constant is the flow of energy. It is never created nor destroyed but merely transferred. Thus without a source for their magic, they would not be able to use it. It would be important to know what that source is/was (my original point).

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    People would be happier if you took a night elf model and changed it to look like a high elf than you taking a blood elf model and making it look like Dracula.
    My posted has me agreeing with you, so I'm not quite sure what your point is here.

On the point of high elves at this stage being only a eye colour swap for blood elves, they talked a fair bit at blizzcon about their new animation system and how it made things like upright orcs a lot easier. High Elves could use the same skeleton as Blood Elves but a few different animations. Most notably their idle pose. If they really want to differentiate them apart from different eyes and potential war paint, it doesn't sound like it would be as difficult as it used to be.

Now that's not saying give them all totally new animations, but they could do a few new ones just to keep it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The questin still remains; If that is enough reason for High Elves not being a playable race, then how come Void Elves can, as they aren't even a race, but a small grp who was rejected?
    Yes 10 char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Does it? If they were former blood elves, they were also loyal to the Horde until the point they were being kicked out. So they only join the Alliance by desperation and necessity in order to survive (just like any Horde race) and not by commitment to Alliance concepts like nobility and justice.
    Whereas high elves did stay with the Alliance by commitment to its concepts.

During Cataclysm the Blackrock and the Dark Iron clan eventually stopped fighting and joined forces as their respective leaders Nefarian and Ragnaros served the same master: Deathwing. The blackrocks and the dark irons became friends at that time with a shared enemy and close locality due to a shared home: In WoD the Dark Irons were sent to spy the AU blackrock clan because they knew them better than anyone. As we all know some of the blackrocks were granted amnesty and joined the ranks of the Horde, while Moira and a large chunk of dark irons joined the Alliance.
    After everything Moira and her Dark Irons did to the Alliance and Ironforge they are still not being trusted. After a tumult in Ironforge they are being thrown out and Moira is being blamed for, so she and the dark irons are done with the Alliance and seek out their former friends who are now among the Horde.
    Yes it does because void elves look different to blood elves, ur undermining the fact that high elves and blood literally look the same. Not only do i think its stupid to have another race where both sides have the same race (factions sharing panda is dumb imo) its dumb that they look identical save for eyes. At least void elves look different. You can just RP and say your void elf denounces being a blood elf and is now a high elf again, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    as someone that has always wanted High Elves, they aren't 1/9th of them. Of the Population of Silvermoon that got destroyed by Arthas, a small population survived. of that population an even tinier fraction of them remained High Elves when the Sunwell/kael'thas incidents happened.

Though either way I always found it complete bullshit the population excuse, since Goblins are a small surviving group of a nearly completely wiped out Cartel from Kezan exploding. Draenei are a tiny population of Eredar that both escaped and managed to survive for 1000's of years. Gilneas was wiped out. Dark Spear Trolls come from 1 tiny Island. Gnomes lost their entire Home and much of their race to lepers.

There are quite a lot of small population playable races.
    It's more than that. The kaldorei were never a very populous people even at the peak of their empire. The Highborne were their elite cast. Many of them became satyrs, or naga, or were in Dire Maul. So only a portion of them followed Dath'remar and became high elves. They had ~8000 years to increase their population from that. Then Arthas wipes out 90% of them. Then 90% of the survivors become blood elves. So you have 10% of 10% of an elite minority. That's the high elves. The three largest concentrations of them are Dalaran, Theramore (nuked), and Stormwind. Their base in EPL was exterminated in Cata. Their base in Hinterlands has been under Horde attack with casualties since classic.

I'd wager right now we have only 3 groups of high elves left. Vereesa's faction, Alleria's, and the population in Stormwind. The fact they're making a playable race out of Alleria's group is already pushing it. But then again they've done this before. Darkspears aren't too numerous. How many goblins could've been on the boat that Gallywix took to leave Kezan? How many could ride in that balloon from the Wandering Isle. It's best not to think on these too hard. When a handful of individuals can become hundreds of thousands of players.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    My posted has me agreeing with you, so I'm not quite sure what your point is here.
    I was just complementing your point. Replying does not need to always be an argument.

On the point of high elves at this stage being only a eye colour swap for blood elves, they talked a fair bit at blizzcon about their new animation system and how it made things like upright orcs a lot easier. High Elves could use the same skeleton as Blood Elves but a few different animations. Most notably their idle pose. If they really want to differentiate them apart from different eyes and potential war paint, it doesn't sound like it would be as difficult as it used to be.
    They could use night elf animations on blood elf model as well. High elves would stand, jump, attack, cast and shoot differently from blood elves, and the silhouette would remind a night elf more.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Blood elf males has the worst standing stance in the game. your spine must be really fucked up for that to be a natural stance. Must be another side effect of the fel mutations.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Blood elf males has the worst standing stance in the game. your spine must be really fucked up for that to be a natural stance. Must be another side effect of the fel mutations.
    High elves stand the same way..... It's a stance of arrogance because they are arrogant elves..... If anything high elves should have an even more arrogant pose.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account

Alliance

Yes, I know what you mean @DeicideUH

The main reason why we want the High Elves as a classical playable race for the Alliance is just because what they differ from the Blood Elves: their high moral standards, their loyalty, their hard resistance to adversity and, ultimately, their purity and their attachment to their ancestral culture.

And now, Blizzard tries to silence our claims by giving us a bunch of Blood Elves expelled from the Horde which, in addition to their demonic taint, are also corrupted with the void? That is intolerable! It is an outrage indeed! Blizzard is making fun of us in a totally obscene way!

Ok, let's calm down… Personally, I‘ve always had in mind several possible ways to make the High Elves a fully playable “allied race” of the Alliance, being the following the main ones in order of preference:

High Elves with different model and animations from those of the Blood Elves

Taking into account that the Blood and High Elves are “exactly” the same race or species, wouldn’t something like that seem something stupid? Well, tell that to Blizzard, which has created a new model and animations for the humans of Kul Tiras… despite being humans! By alleging some pathetic reasons as an excuse…

Having that as an example, it could be very easy and reasonable to think that the High Elves (just because their withdrawal from the Sunwell or something) are now paler, less bulky or whatever thing you can imagine… Problem solved!

Hybrid races as solution of the problems playable High Elves and Ogres suppose

As the High Elves are a much diminished people, without home and that depend for their subsistence mainly on humans, it’s obvious that in a short time they will become extinct, unless they fully merge with humans, creating a new race: the half elves (which would have their own models and animations, inheriting the identity of the high elves). Racial leader: Arator.

Exactly the same would happen with the Ogres at the Horde side, as proper ogres would be too stupid and gigantic to be playable, giving rise to a new race: the semi-ogres or Mok’nathal (which would have their own models and animations, inheriting the identity of the ogres). Racial leader: Rexxar.

Giving the High Elves some new “flavor” in order to make them more distinctive

More or less what Blizzard has tried to do with the void… but not in such a stupid and insulting way as they pretend to do it (supposing that annoying the alliance player-base wasn’t their true intention with the Void Elves inclusion).

Let me explain how it can be carried out properly in my view:

Spoiler: 
    We can assume the void as that “flavor” the High Elves need to be playable, as long as it isn’t seen as a corruption, but as a new tool at their disposal… the last resort to survive as a race, to fight against their own disappearance.

I shouldn’t have to, but I'm bound to remark that I'm talking about giving the distinctive "flavor" to all the authentic High Elves, not about giving to the Alliance some pull-assed group of exiled Blood Elves corrupted by the void that need to be rescued by Alleria… as Blizzard currently intends to do.

For example, Alleria can rally all the high elves under her command (something probable if Vereesa dies) making them aware that in their current status they are doomed to the extinction!

So in order to prevent that, Alleria offers them how to use the void, not only as a tool to overcome their lack of Sunwell, but also as the only way to try to be really helpful to the Alliance, maybe allowing them to recover their ancestral lands in the future.

The key would be not seeing the Void Elves as corrupted like the Blood Elves (as a true high elf would never ever consent become corrupt) but as empowered High Elves, ready to recover all what they have lost. And perhaps, not all the High Elves have to be trained on the void right now…

Maybe, firstly only some high elves could be fully trained on the void by Alleria (those who would be the playable ones) but, as not all gilneans are worgen despite all being considered the same race, all the high elves would be considered as such, whether they use the void or not (yet).

This way, the Void Elves would have two forms: the high elven one and the void form, being able to switch between them. As high elves they would be very customizable (with a skin from pale to bluish color, great array of hair colors and styles, optional war paintings, etc.) so as to most people can be satisfied with the race.

In conclusion, if the real intention of Blizzard is to answer in a reasonable way to the persistent “High Elves on the Alliance” claim once and for all, thus ending finally with this debt, then they should follow my advices (or some of them).

On the contrary, if Blizzard insists on going down the road they are going now, then it will be proved that Blizzard, not only doesn’t listen to their customers, but that is a company that loves to frustrate and humiliate part of its player-base.
    Last edited by Northem; 2017-11-11 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck.

What would QUEEN CALIA do about this situation though?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Holy fuck.
    I know right? someone brings actual constructive thoughts, instead arrogant ''Waaahaaa, mommy didnt buy me a mercedes''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    snip
    Northem give it up, this is the result of your years of campaigning. You got what you wanted, just not in the way you wanted it.

You were never going to get in the way you wanted.

Ion even confirmed that High Elves can't be added to the game because they are already in the game.

You've head-canoned long enough. You now have confirmation that there is no difference between High Elves and Blood Elves than a political distinction.

This is, finally, over. And the only people who can't see it's over are people such as yourself who are spinning themselves sick trying to set aside how everything revealed at Blizzcon permanently torpedoed your hopes to have a carbon copy of a Horde model on the Alliance side.

You got your thalassian elf model ( and no, you aren't getting an out of combat model that looks like a Blood Elf. The out of combat model looks like it's been dead a week. The Void form is the form Alleria used in the cinematic)

Take it and make of it what you will.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-11-11 at 06:06 PM.

I know right? someone brings actual constructive thoughts, instead arrogant ''Waaahaaa, mommy didnt buy me a mercedes''
    Now we know you are trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    At this point I am becoming petty enough to enjoy the fact that you whiny zealots are never ever getting your precious little High Elves. Move on already. Jesus Christ you lot are like those spoiled rich kids who get the wrong coloured Mercedes from their daddy.

For years you cried about High Elves. Basically wanting Blood Elves, a Horde race, without having to play Horde. And now you are actually getting the freaking Blood Elf models and it's not enough.

Blood Elves are the original High Elves of Quel'thalas who renamed them selves. They are literally the same people with a different name. Play Horde if you like the Thallassian lore and feel so much. QQ more
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    How are some people so fucking daft? Void Elves are Blizzards way of giving you whiny faggots your god damn High Elves that you guys constantly fucking cry about
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    FUCKING FINALLY

They can't and won't just recolor the Blood Elves' eyes and pretend that they are different. They won't build you a new skeleton for your shitty elves. This is what you get, take it or fuck off.

Is this normal to you? Not to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. A lot of Horde players tend to be aggressive/hateful when it comes to speak in a High elf thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Yes, I know what you mean @DeicideUH

SNIP
    I strongly disagree with your second and third point. Just suddenly having them all breed with humans are as much genocide as killing them all off. Keep the Void elves as traitor blood elves. Fits them that they're the square of edgy emo goth.

I disagree that the high elves would get sickly pale and weaker due to the withdrawal. The weaker among them might give in to selfpity and turn selfdestructive and such but those most likely died years ago. The High elves that are still around would be the ones that grew a spine, endured and focused their attention and time to fruitful endeavor as a way to cope. You'd probably see more physically inclined elves among the High elves, such as rangers and warriors. They would be less reliant on magic already and would cope better.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

This is, finally, over. And the only people who can't see it's over are people such as yourself who are spinning themselves sick trying to set aside how everything revealed at Blizzcon permanently torpedoed your hopes to have a carbon copy of a Horde model on the Alliance side.

You got your thalassian elf model ( and no, you aren't getting an out of combat model that looks like a Blood Elf. The out of combat model looks like it's been dead a week. The Void form is the form Alleria used in the cinematic)

Take it and make of it what you will.
    If you actually bothered to read what he wrote. You would see he was also saying the Void elves backstory should be High elves infused with void magic instead of Blood elves who were kicked out of Silvermoon for using forbidden magic(making the blood elves hypocritical as fuck). You are absolutely correct by saying the Void elves look like dead elves(they look exactly like San'layn). Which means the Forsaken will never get dark ranger/san'layn as playable characters because they look just like Void elves effectively robbing the forsaken of ever getting them as an allied race. Despite the Horde's Warchief basically looking like one.

- - - Updated - - -

Embrace the Void elves. They are High elves empowered by one of the fundamental forces of the universe. High elf or blood elf backstory doesn't matter to me. Void elves are the future(and hopefully lead into playable Ethereals for alliance).

Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-11-12 at 08:52 AM.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."