Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    absolutely not a must. in fact i think the game is better without it. if you want dual spec then play legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    yeah now that the community will likely not be as active and alive as back then, it will be harder for tanks and healers to level up.
    Why not? Starting in Vanilla NOW, it's going to be much more easy since more people are gonna play, 100% sure of that.

Back then, first 3 months (November/February) have around 400.000 accounts. Really u think that the first 3 months of this classic new server are gonna have LESS than 400.000 players playing it? Vanilla grow was around July 2005, its when the game REALLY GROW, cause the EU servers where 100% on, the summer time arrives and the game just pop, around 2 million people just in that summer alone came to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    You could've tried to initiate a debate based on facts, reasoning, evidence, etc (like I did by drawing a comparison to your statement, and the birth of LFR). but no, let's just talk about that WoW was considered casual due to EQ even though it has nothing to do with the conversation.

Please stay away from this debate, so the adults can talk. Thanks!
    because it was

there was a ton of people straight refusing to play wow due to how casual it was and claiming that the casualness and easiness of wow will hurt mmorpgs.

if you played at that time you would know how much more playerfriendly wow was because of ....wait for it ... QoL changes like people not being able to loot your corpse or you not loosing exp/level if dying.

its a stretch i know but in 2004 WoW was to mmorpgs from that time like 2017 retail is comapred to wow ad2004 - ultra causal game only for pussies

why ? becausw of QoL changes it offered to people from that time.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-11-11 at 06:56 PM.

You wanted Vanilla, you beat the drum for years saying how Blizzard wouldn't have to build or modify anything because it was perfect and they had the code in the vaults.

Well now it's time to shut up and bite the shit sandwich you've been craving now that it's coming. Vanilla was wonderful and it was also horrible. You don't get to pick and choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    I want vanilla but not vanilla wääh.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because it was

there was a ton of people straight refusing to play wow due to how casual it was and claiming that the casualness and easiness of wow will hurt mmorpgs.

if you played at that time you would know how much more playerfriendly wow was because of ....wait for it ... QoL changes like people not being able to loot your corpse or you not loosing exp/level if dying.

its a stretch i know but in 2004 WoW was to mmorpgs from that time like 2017 retail is comapred to wow ad2004 - ultra causal game only for pussies
    So what? Yeah I agree EQ was more hardcore than WoW, but in case you didn't notice, this is a discussion about implementing QoL changes from WoW past Classic, in to Classsic. It has nothing to do with EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Just ask gold for your services, "pug people" want your healing in bg, an UBRS run? Let them pay a fee.
    When I had T2 on my priest in vanilla, bg teams often paid me 50g per round.
    If you are a good healer, with the right gear, people will pay for it. Because 100% main healers were a rare treat in Vanilla.
    Doesn't sound like a great way to earn. You were paid 50g per 3 day AV round?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

If you don't like Classic WoW, then please stick to Legion.
    Yes it's a quality of life improvement, yes I'd enjoy it. But no, it would not be Classic.

Quite like having no dual spec. Makes your character and your choices matter more.

Play current expac if you want to play multiple specs.

Deleted
    The people who fought the battle for legacy servers are not the same people that are asking for these stupid changes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    Nope /10char
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Keep. It. Vanilla.

You want classic AND a functional spec called Ret? Seems like you're thinking about Wrath.

Ret was super gimmicky because of the one-shot procs when you had like full t2++ gear and fought people in rare gear, and consisted of auto hitting. Actually if I don't remember wrong, a lot of healing paladins went Ret for the talents? And the Holy tree was more about the damage you got from Holy Shock.

Anyways, can't say I am shocked to see threads like this pop up allready. Classic servers will just never work with the current playerbase, the OP is a prime example.

"WE WANT CLASSIC SERVERS! BUT WE DO NOT WANT IT TO BE LIKE CLASSIC THOUGH!"
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I cringe every time I see the "Blizzard called it Classic and not vanilla.. why do you think that is".

Not classic if you have dual spec

Deleted
    I know you want to MUH Vanilla
    Just ask for BC/WotLK servers. I actually expect Bliz to cave in.
    If you keep asking for WotLK and name it Vanilla, they'll get confused and just scrap the whole thing as the pinnacle of futility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Raid difficulties was a bad feature as they take out any prestige from killing a legendary boss. Part of why Vanilla was great is that only a few % of players tasted the endgame. Furthermore Mythic at least has a use, a greater challenge and better loot.

Respeccing in classic is just a money sink. The actual result is that people go to PvE in PvP talents and the other way around, or they have to level alts because a tank/healer farms like shit.
    Only a few % saw the endgame not because of difficulty, but logistics. Dead server/No guilds/40 man req/had to spam trade to find pugs = Most people never even start real progression.

To the other point, yeah I agree - respeccing is crap in Vanilla which is why many servers offered discount or made it free.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Only a few % saw the endgame not because of difficulty, but logistics. Dead server/No guilds/40 man req/had to spam trade to find pugs = Most people never even start real progression.

To the other point, yeah I agree - respeccing is crap in Vanilla which is why many servers offered discount or made it free.
    That's part of the difficulty. Any retard can follow a tankspot guide, no matter if it's Kil'jaeden or Kel'thuzad or Sargeras you're fighting. WoW is an easy game.

The PvE, at least. I mean come on you're fighting a computer that will do the same spells at the same intervals and you even have an addon that tracks those intervals. As long as you have the mathematical means to beat the DPS race ( i.e. gear/consumes ) and don't fuck up during wipe mechanics ( like idk Defile on LK ) it's gg ez.

Getting 40 people on the same page is way harder than whatever fancy mechanics Blizz created in the last years.