Deleted

Toxic Masculinity is Bullshit

I just realised my ban had elapsed over here, let me fix that by posting something

https://youtu.be/t4kqJbBzWVY

Deleted
    It's always feminine men and 'extreme' woman that go on about how terrible masculinity is.. don't get me wrong it has its cons but meh

Oh look, Xarim's back. What's the phrase? Oh yes: "Gender threads are not allowed."

Intersectionality will be the death of us all

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Oh look, Xarim's back. What's the phrase? Oh yes: "Gender threads are not allowed."
    Therefor Xarim threads are not allowed! #onetopicposter

OT: Someone give me a tl : dr of the video because tucker is annoying as fuck to listen to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    What does intersectionality mean to you? Is this one of those "multiculturalism is killing us all!!" type posts?

15+ Year Old Account
    4chinz should put up it's ok to be a boy posters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I just realised my ban had elapsed over here, let me fix that by posting something

https://youtu.be/t4kqJbBzWVY
    Wrong video? Because in this video the woman has clearly the upper hand. She has good arguments and facts to undermine them. While the guy clearly is clueless and has to get taught all these things (without understanding them it seems).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    She mentions some of that in passing but this person is more of a hardcore believer in the superiority of women. She would throw a black guy under the bus to save a white woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Therefor Xarim threads are not allowed! #onetopicposter

OT: Someone give me a tl : dr of the video because tucker is annoying as fuck to listen to.

- - - Updated - - -

What does intersectionality mean to you? Is this one of those "multiculturalism is killing us all!!" type posts?
    To me at least it means an almost obsessive focus of breaking humsns down to convient grouping while ignoring true individuality and that humans cannot be broken down that easily.

Beyond that it focuses on our differences rather then what we have in common which will merely divide us as a people further and foster tribalism/hate

All in all i think it is a very faultu concept at best and otright dangerous due to how much it divides people at worst

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fox isn't in the business of actually informing anyone though. Just make the people you disagree with look bad. Which is tearing apart relationships and the world at whole when it becomes common practice instead of parliamentary arguing and negotiating. Just look at how people try to argue on these forums. OP included.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-11-11 at 07:00 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic vitriol from outrage culture does more to drive men (and only men, as per the video) to "terrorism", however loosely that term is being coined now, than toxic "masculinity".

Anecdotal evidence: I don't want to stab anyone for just being a masculine prick, but I do want to stab the people that incessantly bitch and whine over every little thing like it's the end of the world, even though the thing in question has no bearing on any facet of their lives.

Stab a nosy whiner in the neck, save a man from going terrorist!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    To me at least it means an almost obsessive focus of breaking humsns down to convient grouping while ignoring true individuality and that humans cannot be broken down that easily.

Beyond that it focuses on our differences rather then what we have in common which will merely divide us as a people further and foster tribalism/hate

All in all i think it is a very faultu concept at best and otright dangerous due to how much it divides people at worst
    You generally aren't wrong with the common usage of the term and those who follow that section of feminism. The issue is, it isn't going to kill us all, it isn't even going to make a blip in history. 3rd wave is barely on the radar even within academia, outside of feminist circles, because it really does nothing worth mentioning. This kind of ideology is overblown in its importance by the internet and, well, dudebros that need an enemy to freak out over to have a purpose in life. People saying "its killing us", such as tony has, are either those dudebros or someone with a definition that I have never heard of before and I'm really curious what they mean.

Not gonna bother watching, it's Tucker, but I am 100% sure neither he nor you know what toxic masculinity means.

The concept of toxic masculinity is used in the social sciences to describe traditional norms of behavior among men in contemporary American and European society that are associated with detrimental social and psychological effects.

Basically teaching boys and men that the only legitimate reactions are stoicism or violence / aggression and to solve their problems that way.

Gets people hurt and leaves men emotionally stunted.

Wait Tucker Carlson is still on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Intersectionality is the idea that social identities, related systems of oppression, domination, or discrimination, and multiple group identities intersect to create a whole that is different from the component identities.

Basically the sexism a black woman has to deal with is different from the sexism a white woman has to deal with and the racism she has to deal with is different from the racism a black man has to deal with on behalf of her being a black woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Fox isn't in the business of actually informing anyone though. Just make the people you disagree with look bad. Which is tearing apart relationships and the world at whole when it becomes common practice instead of parliamentary arguing and negotiating. Just look at how people try to argue on these forums. OP included.
    Hence why he has a rotation of banned accounts for when he gets a wee bit too excited to whine about teh womanz.

Deleted
    Freaking heck... I don't know who of those two I would like to punch in the face the most, because by god was that a train wreck of just flinging shit at the wall.

Anyways, yeah toxic masculinity is bullshit, I completely agree. However, self destructive masculinity is a know phenomenon and is something that some men suffer from and that unfortunately can lead to either self destruction (somewhat in the name there) or actual harm to others, and is certainly something that I think would be an interesting thing to try and address have a discussion about but I unfortunately find that unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Toxic vitriol from outrage culture does more to drive men (and only men, as per the video) to "terrorism", however loosely that term is being coined now, than toxic "masculinity".

Anecdotal evidence: I don't want to stab anyone for just being a masculine prick, but I do want to stab the people that incessantly bitch and whine over every little thing like it's the end of the world, even though the thing in question has no bearing on any facet of their lives.

Stab a nosy whiner in the neck, save a man from going terrorist!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Freaking heck... I don't know who of those two I would like to punch in the face the most, because by god was that a train wreck of just flinging shit at the wall.
    For toxic masculinity look above "Raaar, I am so mad at youtube clip, I wanna stab or punch people!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Anyways, yeah toxic masculinity is bullshit, I completely agree. However, self destructive masculinity is a know phenomenon and is something that some men suffer from and that unfortunately can lead to either self destruction (somewhat in the name there) or actual harm to others, and is certainly something that I think would be an interesting thing to try and address have a discussion about but I unfortunately find that unlikely to happen.
    Toxic masculinity is self destructive masculinity, you muppet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    For toxic masculinity look above "Raaar, I am so mad at youtube clip, I wanna stab or punch people!"
    Toxic masculinity is self destructive masculinity, you muppet.
    Not necessarily, and certainly not the way that some people use the term.

Also, I am woman, so does that make me toxic feminine?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, we arent starting gender threads. Especially with how you started this one