Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrin View Post
    I would love to see Killing Spree as a baseline Outlaw ability again. I played Combat for years, and using AR + CD reduction mechanics (passives and trinkets) to get more KS felt like the core defining , enjoyable playstyle for me.

I want my “Combat“ Rogue to be about preparation, planning ahead, “charging up“ big killing moves. KS with Deep Insight fulfilled that fanatsy, every attack and move between 2 Killing Sprees felt like building up the next big move, which was really fun. Alhough the Insight mechanic was in need of improvement because hard to control (having it up when there is a dps downtime)

I dont understand why they moved it to be a talent, it was way more iconic as a big CD than just having a temporarily passive, boring energy regeneration buff, just to spam even more like a brainless fury warrior.
    That what i found rerolling Havoc... kindof old combat style gameplay. Replace old Adrerush by metamorphosys and KS by Fury of the illidary and you're almost there. So i don't think, outlaw will come back to what combat was...

I will keep an eye on how outlaw will be "rebuild".
    Talent 100: LD or SnD... make me think they're not yet clear on how they're going to rebuild outlaw yet. LD being sooooo mandatory for RtB as is.
    Wait and see.

Deleted
    My wishes for BfA :
    - RtB enhanced
    - Cannonball as reference
    - Saber Slash that give more often 2+ combo points (compared to Mutilate or ShadowStrike the ratio Energy/CB is bad)
    - Hook baseline (confirmed at Blizzcon, yeaah !)
    - Better scaling of damage (i don't want to be best among the 3 rogues specs on first raid and then the worst by far until the next expansion)

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    The core problem I find for all specs for Rogue is Blizzard's absolutely terrible design of talents.

They basically have no ideas so they put anything remotely interesting thematically as talents, which would otherwise be baseline abilities associated with the the specs.
    True. On top of that, they put incredibly boring passives like Alacrity and Venom Rush in the game and then make them so good they're mandatory. Absolutely terrible design.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Deleted
    Not just the mandatory ones are bad designed.

What about Prey on the Weak? Without the inclusion of Between the Eyes it seems utterly pointless and with it included OP. Why do we even have this talent?

Don't get me started on the talent just beside it, Parley. What the hell is that even supposed to do? I'm serious because I don't know why I would use this, ever.

Worried that we're losing CotDB and loaded dice is becoming a talent that competes with MFD.

I wonder if they'll change/address the fact that pistol shot and between the eyes don't have any synergy with blade flurry. Or if they even care.

Yarrrr gotta be a pirate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wonder if they'll change/address the fact that pistol shot and between the eyes don't have any synergy with blade flurry. Or if they even care.

Yarrrr gotta be a pirate
    I hope they care. It would be sad to keep the same problems as currently (thank god we don't keep the artefacts so they are FORCED to revamp the spells) - we'll have great things with the Heart of Azeroth

Deleted
    What do you mean by make Outlaw great "again"?

If you mean make it great as in make it Combat again like it was before Legion, sure. Outlaw was never great, it's complete and utter garbage. We knew this from Alpha.

Whoever thought that a 5-6cp ability based completely and totally on RNG was a good idea is a legitimate moron.

Roll the bones is the single most badly designed spell in the entire 13 years of World of Warcraft.

It is incredibly frustrating to play and so inconsistent it's worthless on progress. Even if they just tune up all the base numbers of Outlaw it would still be an incredibly frustrating and unfun experience.

Deleted
    Considering this is pretty much as close to a pirate expansion as you're gonna get, Blizz better show Outlaw some serious love considering what an overall massive blunder it turned out to be in Legion. I'd even go as far as to say certain employees should feel ashamed for allowing the spec to fail in the very same expansion it was created and introduced.

Major props to the art team for tier 21 though, I do hope to see more of that in BfA.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    Roll the bones is the single most badly designed spell in the entire 13 years of World of Warcraft.
    Sorry, but as a former Demo warlock I'm going to go with Demonic Empowerment here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Sorry, but as a former Demo warlock I'm going to go with Demonic Empowerment here.
    DE is a really fucking boring spell, RtB is an awfully designed spell that the devs even don't know what to do with.

RtB has to go, if they want to retain its idea (and since they are bringing back buffs) they can turn it into a pick ONE as a passive buff type of thing maybe.
    Passive SnD, im still tilted Sin got this as a passive last xpac and we still had to maintain the fucking thing.
    I don't mind the theme, Grappling hook is fun as hell, Canon ball Barage is a little weak but that's just numbers.
    BtE should become our secondary CP usage besides RT, maybe add a bleed on the side.
    Stab someone with a broken whiskey glass for x damage over x seconds, damage ramping up during the duration blabla.

Im just tired of spending my first combo points on a non damaging buff that's either a stale AS boost or a random fucking gamble that either makes me The Hound or Sam depending on what i roll.
    Last edited by Mascotte; 2017-11-11 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    I'm sure they have learnt from the current Outlaw experiment and they will make us a beautiful Outlaw spec. The spells in our Heart of Azeroth will be powerful and this is gonna be FUN and less frustrating to play than now.
    Is this sarcasm or are you new here?

No, no, I'm teasing, teasing... Though I'm genuinely not hopeful they will get outlaw in order at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even play a warlock and there frequent and never ending warlock tweaks made me want to pull out my hair. I can't imagine how people actually play the class. They simply can't make up their mind.

I don't know about demonic empowerment but I will say that Roll the Bones is definitely not their worst design decision. Well see a lot more of those when they release vanilla classic (Five minute pally buffs!)

That doesn't mean that Roll the Bones isn't quite bad, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Is this sarcasm or are you new here?

No, no, I'm teasing, teasing... Though I'm genuinely not hopeful they will get outlaw in order at all.
    It's not sarcasm, i'm very optimism and hopeful they will do something. They just CAN'T let him die...

Because as someone said earlier :
    Quote Originally Posted by Octagonecologyst View Post
    Considering this is pretty much as close to a pirate expansion as you're gonna get, Blizz better show Outlaw some serious love considering what an overall massive blunder it turned out to be in Legion. I'd even go as far as to say certain employees should feel ashamed for allowing the spec to fail in the very same expansion it was created and introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there's precedent, because warlocks have been getting so much love in this demon themed expansion, right?

Deleted
    And there's precedent, because warlocks have been getting so much love in this demon themed expansion, right?
    At least they are doing decent numbers (i know that isnt everything), outlawl is the worst specc in the game atm and by a fucking huuuuuuuuuuuge %.

affliction has been one of the strongest specs all expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about numbers here. In a demon themed expansion you'd expect warlocks to be the stars. Instead blizz took away their toys and gave them to demon hunters, and then proceeded to ignore them for the entire expansion. The numbers may be decent but that doesn't matter if it's not fun.

Deleted
    I'm not talking about numbers here. In a demon themed expansion you'd expect warlocks to be the stars. Instead blizz took away their toys and gave them to demon hunters, and then proceeded to ignore them for the entire expansion. The numbers may be decent but that doesn't matter if it's not fun.
    but they are the stars of dps, rogue has two of the worst speccs atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    but they are the stars of dps, rogue has two of the worst speccs atm.
    You seem to be having trouble understanding that I'm not talking about DPS. Yes, affliction does good DPS, but numbers don't matter if no one is having fun playing the class.