Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because an incel that is your average Sylvy fanboy/anti-faction war tumblr gay fanfic writer thinks that wanting revenge for murder of your son and genocide of your people is a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I'm sorry, I guess I must've missed the part of the waterlogged journal where it says "My Dark Lady Sylvanas intends to use Helya's Lantern to enslave an entire people unless someone stops her." 'Cause "Steal their Power for herself" doesn't itself equate to enslaving a people.
    No, but it does equate to stealing their power, not ok.
    Again, he didn't know she was going to enslave them, even had the ability to do so, or that they had a god-entity in Eyir that -could- be enslaved.
    No, but he did know she was trying to steal their power... Which, again, not ok.

Only that she was heading to the place the Val'kyr live to stop the extinction of her people.
    Not to stop the extinction of her people, to steal power, stop the extinction of her people is nowhere in there, or did I miss the part of the waterlogged journal where it says ""My Dark Lady Sylvanas intends to (something illegible) in Stormheim to prevent the extinction of our people!"? Didn't think so.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    Short version: He hates Sylvannas.
    Long version: People who love Sylvannas hate him because he hates Sylvannas.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    That's one hell of a greased up near-vertical surface you launched yourself down at mach speed...
    Enslaving Eyir = immortality for Sylvanas and an infinite supply of Val'kyr, which means she no longer loses forces and has a very powerful fighting force bolstering her own armies. All it takes from then is to slowly snatch up as many human settlements as she can until she's got overwhelming odds against Stormwind. It's not a slippery slope, it's just the logical next step. What'd you think she was gonna do with an unlimited number of Val'kyr, decide she was 'safe' now and just leave everyone alone? She's shown she has nothing but aggression on her mind.

Deleted
    By the way, where does the endless Val'Kyr idea come from?

She still needs worthy, whatever that entails in this case, Vrykul women to turn into Val'Kyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    By the way, where does the endless Val'Kyr idea come from?

She still needs worthy, whatever that entails in this case, Vrykul women to turn into Val'Kyr.
    And if Sylvanas controls her, she'll continue doing just that, only as soon as they become Val'kyr they'll be under Sylvanas' sway. Who says that the Vrykul would have any clue what happened, rather than going about their lives as they always had?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    because the queen of edgelords demands it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    And if Sylvanas controls her, she'll continue doing just that, only as soon as they become Val'kyr they'll be under Sylvanas' sway. Who says that the Vrykul would have any clue what happened, rather than going about their lives as they always had?
    If the look of Sylvy's Val'Kyr is anything to go by, Eyir would have a dramatic shift in coloration. Might give things away, especially since she'll shift to a color palette the Vrykul probably associate with Helya.

In addition the supply hardly is endless, considering how we've been butchering Vrykul.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Enslaving Eyir = immortality for Sylvanas and an infinite supply of Val'kyr, which means she no longer loses forces and has a very powerful fighting force bolstering her own armies. All it takes from then is to slowly snatch up as many human settlements as she can until she's got overwhelming odds against Stormwind. It's not a slippery slope, it's just the logical next step. What'd you think she was gonna do with an unlimited number of Val'kyr, decide she was 'safe' now and just leave everyone alone? She's shown she has nothing but aggression on her mind.
    And none of this is an excuse to attack someone before you had any evidence without repercussions.

There was an alliance ranger at Vol'jin's funeral, and then again at the hunter order hall. This is a member of the alliance who somehow knew Vol'jin died quick enough to be at the funeral, took part in the legion campaign, and would've had to have got the information from someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And none of this is an excuse to attack someone before you had any evidence without repercussions.

There was an alliance ranger at Vol'jin's funeral, and then again at the hunter order hall. This is a member of the alliance who somehow knew Vol'jin died quick enough to be at the funeral, took part in the legion campaign, and would've had to have got the information from someone else.
    That "alliance ranger" is Tyrathan Khort and is close friend of Vol'Jin. Which also makes me hope we'll see him in BfA on the Vol'Jin questline.

They might be peeved that he was the one to break the tenuous post-MOP peace between the alliance and the horde by attacking them in Stormheim. The dialogue makes it seem like "yeah we're supposed to only fire if necessary, but we're going to make it necessary."

I like Genn, he's strong and has a lot to fight for, while still having a compassionate side that we see in his almost fatherly exchanges with Anduin.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-11-12 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The things Sylvanas had done in the past were plenty enough of an excuse, even with flimsy evidence, to go after her.

I suppose we're just going to disagree on this. In my eyes (yes, I'm biased, obviously) Sylvanas has shown she cannot be trusted. One of the first things she did when she had freedom was betray the Alliance and kill Garithos. Admittedly, Garithos was probably the biggest piece-of-shit the Alliance ever produced and should've been suffocated in his sleep, she still went against her word.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Like when?

She's a horde and he's alliance. It's obvious that they're going to fight together.
    Horde and Alliance regularly put aside their differences to fight a common enemy, especially an enemy of this magnitude. During that putting everythign aside he is jeopardizing the entire planet by attacking Sylvanas. Yes she is Horde, but during the temporary truce any attack on the Horde or Alliance from the other faction is jsut weakening Azeroth's defense of the Legion. The last character that couldn't see that was Garrosh, people OBVIOUSLY hated him, and people didn't question the hate. Why is it harder to see the same thing in one of the Alliance's Leaders who is doing the same type of stuff Garrosh did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    That "alliance ranger" is Tyrathan Khort and is close friend of Vol'Jin. Which also makes me hope we'll see him in BfA on the Vol'Jin questline.
    I'm aware, but unless you read the books bringing his name has no real relevance to the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

As soon as you Ollies stop begrudging Sylvanas, we will stop calling your lapdog for what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    As soon as you Ollies stop begrudging Sylvanas, we will stop calling your lapdog for what he is.
    Implying there aren't a million good reasons to begrudge the Lich Queen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    He is the one allied leader that has about 30% of your average horde player's hostility towards the other faction. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I can't speak for the others, but I fucking love Genn Greymane. He has flaws, yes, but that's not a bad thing, it makes him interesting.

Also, he is nothing like Garrosh.
    This. Flaws make characters interesting. He can be brutal, yes. He can be a warmonger, yes. He is also a kickass leader and a good military commander. Loyal to Varian and Anduin to a fault, and kind of a father figure to Anduin since Varian's death. I love the guy plus he looks fucking kickass. I would roll a Worgen just for him if they didn't look so retarded in game.

I'm an alliance player and the only reason I don't like him is because he had no business getting involved in stormheim with sylvanas, were over here trying to fight off the legion and he's having a skirmish with sylvanas. He doesn't care about the alliance, all that matters to him is his vengeance.

People tend to compare the grayest and complex characters to Hitler. Greymane happens to be one of them.