Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All we need now is a Devilsaur feral form, a Direhorn guardian form, a pterrorwing flight form, and idk maybe some kind of serpentine balance form

Dark Iron get to be DKs it looks like, so each faction in this round gets something unique.

Plus, they said they'd be adding new allied races in the future. I KNOW asking people in this day and age for patience is fucking madness, but seriously, show some patience.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Dark Iron get to be DKs it looks like, so each faction in this round gets something unique.

Plus, they said they'd be adding new allied races in the future. I KNOW asking people in this day and age for patience is fucking madness, but seriously, show some patience.
    Dark Iron are nothing more than recolored dwarves, with all the base ugliness and awful armor clipping that goes with that race. Big whoop, instead of red dark iron dwarf eyes, they'll have blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Well, agree. But realistically, none of the new races would fit Druid.

They could make a lore for Wildhammer Dwarfs beeing Druids somehow (/wave Taurens)

Just immagine Bear with beard... or Moonkin with Gandalf beard... Fabulous !
    All of this is assuming no Zandalari Paladins and also isn't considering possible future plans for Alliance allied races.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Dark Iron are nothing more than recolored dwarves, with all the base ugliness and awful armor clipping that goes with that race. Big whoop, instead of red dark iron dwarf eyes, they'll have blue eyes.
    And that has WHAT to do with available classes?

And that has WHAT to do with available classes?
    A total difference in terms of what you're getting. There is no druid with raptor form. There are already dwarven death knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Why would you honestly even care? You already have a race.

People really need to stop assuming someone is out to hurt them specifically. They added new races, they decided what classes make sense to allow for them - the way it should be. Its not about being fair, its about having logical choices. And none of the new alliance races are logical choices for Druids. I much prefer it this way then some token Druid race just to shut up whiners. Get over it.

Personally I would prefer if Druids would be Night Elf only on Alliance, the Worgen thing is already rather wrong.
    It's not wrong. Since lorewise worgen originated from a forbidden druid form. They also came from the Emerald Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    To me, the only races that made sense historically lore wise to be druids are Night Elves and Trolls. The former due to Malfurion, through Cenarius, and the latter due to Loas.

Come WoW they made the switch to Taurens from Trolls adding in lore that Taurens were traditionally druids but they lost their affinity towards it and are trying to regain it. To be fair I don't understand how they "forgot" their druidism nature and recently rediscovered it, but taking into consideration Tauren were/are a nomad race, highly connected with mother earth and spirits, a mixed culture of Druids and Shamans does make sense.

Worgen made no sense in that while they did create the Druids of the Scythe lore with Night Elves turning into wolves, a form just like any other form, they somehow became werewolves. Only reason given was that Arugal experimented and made a human wolf hybrid like curse. Taken all the above into consideration Worgen, should infact be a Druid form not another race entirely and the current race "Worgen" is actually just a Druid human.

Going one step further on race / class options, Night Elves, again, may have had the first "paladins" in the game. Priests of Moon are not only great priests (as the name would suggest) they are also one of the best fighters the Night Elves have. They may not be melee oriented by they are both healers and fighters at the same time.
    Worgen curse can be passed to non-druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblade2091 View Post
    All we need now is a Devilsaur feral form, a Direhorn guardian form, a pterrorwing flight form, and idk maybe some kind of serpentine balance form
    Well, technically Moonkin has always (unfortunately) just been fat owl nomatter what race you were.

Buuuuuut since we're already dreaming big anyway, sign me up for a Coutl caster form:

I know i'm very likely to be disappointed but i'm crossing everything that Zandalari get proper Dino forms. Dinomancy would be so bloody amazing.

"Yeah just be patient for 9.0!"

You do know by them saying they're adding more in the future, that likely means "future expansions" not "in the future of this expansion", right? They're setting up a system they can add to instead of having to add a new base race.

The problem is I'd love to try one of the new races and that means I have to abandon my current class because I cannot try ANY of them as my current class.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I completely understand the alliance allied races don’t make sense for Druid. It’s just horde has such good options for Druid in my opinion that I’m really jealous. I can’t leave my guild on alliance but i would die to be a Zandalari Druid in BFA but it’s just not a possibility when I’ve got such deep roots in my guild.

If we get news on some new allied races for alliance that can be Druid I’ll be excited. I’m currently a night elf but even if the worgen update is really good that would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    I completely understand the alliance allied races don’t make sense for Druid. It’s just horde has such good options for Druid in my opinion that I’m really jealous. I can’t leave my guild on alliance but i would die to be a Zandalari Druid in BFA but it’s just not a possibility when I’ve got such deep roots in my guild.

If we get news on some new allied races for alliance that can be Druid I’ll be excited. I’m currently a night elf but even if the worgen update is really good that would make me happy.
    This is where I am on it all too. It's just frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post

see i am on the complete opposite side of that problem, my hope was for horde to get nightborne or blood elf as druid, just so i don't have to be some barefeet whatever. tauren have nice forms, but the caster form is mehr for the look i want, troll forms are just ugly and zandalari... we'll see

i might actually reroll on alliance for the option to play a good looking druid and maybe some void-elf-priest if they fix shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Well, technically Moonkin has always (unfortunately) just been fat owl nomatter what race you were.

Buuuuuut since we're already dreaming big anyway, sign me up for a Coutl caster form
    A Coutl Boomkin form would be perfect theme-wise, and just generally awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    If only it were possible to add further Allied races in the future; some of them possibly with Druids available. Too bad it's impossible though, right?
    Yeah, maybe on 9.0 or 10.0

But that doesn't mean they'd have druids on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Kinda annoyed horde gets 2 druid races and alliance gets none.. Hope they add some (nice) druid races for alliance. Please not dwarves, can't stand those little fat fucks
    Adding Druid to new races takes way more work than any other class: they need to make 3 unique animal forms for yech race, and add in a fitting recolour for the rest.

Highmountain Tauren and Zandalari were easy to do: they can just recycle Tauren and Troll form models for them, with Zandalari havign some generic Raptor model on Travel Form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    The Alliance allied races make 0 sense as druids. Just like none of the Horde new ones make sense as paladins. If you already like your Alliance Druid, what's the point of complaining about not having other races to choose? My main character is a Tauren druid, and if the Horde allied races weren't able to be druid I'd be fine because I like my character.

In my opinion you should complain about the very weird choice they made for alliance races, (none of them make much sense to me at first glance), than complaining about them not being druids.
    Zandalari Paladin could work, seeing we already had trash mobs in ToT throwign away Paladin abilities.

This is...the petty-est thread I've read in a minute. Lack of race + class of your choice combo? I mean come on...this is like the definition of #1stworldproblems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Lore matters? Oh ok. Please show me where any of the Taunka tauren shape shifted whatsoever or used any form of druid magic at all so far.
    gotta say it is pretty hilarious that a bull shifts into a bear to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    gotta say it is pretty hilarious that a bull shifts into a bear to tank.
    Well, bears are supremely more sturdy than a bull ;>.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    This is...the petty-est thread I've read in a minute. Lack of race + class of your choice combo? I mean come on...this is like the definition of #1stworldproblems
    Just because it's petty to you doesn't mean it's not a problem.

It's (allied races) a new feature that I'd like to take part in as my main, not an alt, which means I am FORCED to class change to do so as my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Well, bears are supremely more sturdy than a bull ;>.
    Idk man, Whitney's Miltank can take a beating, and she's just a cow, not a bull!
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteox View Post
    Cheetah all the way, my friends.
    ^^ This, I never want someone riding me to the next stage

Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    ^^ This, I never want someone riding me to the next stage
    But how can you Sentinel Owl if you're Cheetah?

(Legit they need to fix glyphs)