Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    You seem to be having trouble understanding that I'm not talking about DPS. Yes, affliction does good DPS, but numbers don't matter if no one is having fun playing the class.
    Fun is subjective so instead of talking down to people correcting your mistake how about you start making some sense

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... this is why it's impossible to have actual conversations on the internet. Everyone is too busy super literal and nitpicky.

Thank you for pointing out that fun is subjective. I was unaware of that. Thank you for correcting my ignorance.

Deleted
    You seem to be having trouble understanding that I'm not talking about DPS. Yes, affliction does good DPS, but numbers don't matter if no one is having fun playing the class.
    There is a difference between "not having fun" (it's not a problem, choose a class you'll love more) and "having fun but being frustrated by the fucking RNG and being the worst DPS spec by far" (it's a problem, because you actually want to play this spec for pleasure but she has too much flaws)

Deleted
    dont even know why you are complaining about locks in a rogue thread

I'm not talking about numbers here. In a demon themed expansion you'd expect warlocks to be the stars. Instead blizz took away their toys and gave them to demon hunters, and then proceeded to ignore them for the entire expansion. The numbers may be decent but that doesn't matter if it's not fun.
    It's because warlocks were the 'stars' in MoP, and by a huge fucking margin, the warlock bias during MoP was indeed real.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread: just give us back the WotLK Combat. As it stands now, Outlaw is so spammy that I just can't enjoy it. Add to that the ridiculous RNG, and the sub-par dps output, and what is there? And why this pressing need for rotation and/or priorities to change based on procs? What about giving consideration to the fact that many chose this class/spec because of it's nature?

If there is need for slightly more management for ST, then make Rupture optimal for that (as was the case in Ulduar). And for cleave the optimal could be to drop Rupture, and just toggle BF and spam Evisc. If they'd still want to keep SnD baseline, then use Rupture for both ST and cleave - and add another thing to keep up for optimal ST (expose armor or something). But preferrably not.

Also, KS was ace! Never more fun than to be dropped by Val'kyrs on LK, only to pop KS and headbutt them in the behind and have your friendly neighbourhood priest grip you back in!������

Also have to say that I like the idea of AR having a % damage increase or similar, at the cost of less energy boost - would be preferrable to the current mad spam during AR.

For someone who has hardly played alts, and ALWAYS mained my rogue, it is a sad story that upon consideting returning to WoW after around a year away - I seriously have to consider coming back to another class than my rogue. Never thought that would happen tbh.

SnD build with Nightblooming Frond and Convergence of Fates feels fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alphablue View Post
    How is pressing saber slash/ run through faster and faster "fun"?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphablue View Post
    I agree. I love the concept of RtB but I already play another class thats heavy rng dependent so thats why I run SnD to removed a great deal about it.

Honestly if you don't have True Bearing, Broad Sides or Shark Infested Waters up...RTB is really...really inferior to SND. Even many two buff combos of RTB feel weak without SIF and/or TB. Basically right now it is two buffs or just go home and that is feels sad for a spec that used to be more dynamic and fun in beta.

SND seems to work better for the spec because the extra energy regen simply outshines anything RTB can do in most situations.

Grand Melee for soloing? The extra energy from SnD is better served putting out more Run Throughs for Greed proc heals and also utilizing more Feint's and having Crimson Vial on demand instead of waiting for energy. And DPS is better with SND compared to Grand Melee.

Cool down reduction? Edge goes to RTB when you have TB up. But SND makes it very competitive and in non TB situations SND does a better job of cool down reduction than RTB. As I have said before without Marked for Death Roll the Bones would be completely dead.

And if SND was on a different talent tier being able to pickup MFD or DFA would really make SND builds more interesting.

Just my two cents.

I hate the name outlaw and the pirate theme. It is very "white trash."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love outlaw. I wish I could play it. I love the sword slashes sound and pistol thing. I just really really HATE the damn roll of the bones. It should be slice and dice and other talent in 100 instead of it. Some dmg tuning and Outlaw is great imo

Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    I love outlaw. I wish I could play it. I love the sword slashes sound and pistol thing. I just really really HATE the damn roll of the bones. It should be slice and dice and other talent in 100 instead of it. Some dmg tuning and Outlaw is great imo
    You can just use Slice and Dice like I've been since Nighthold

Deleted
    Blizzard understood that Outlaw needed to be great again :
    2p T21 = buff from 5% to 15% (+200%)
    4p T21 = buff from 12% to 16% (+33%)

I'm confident that we'll also see damage buff when Antorus is release !

Deleted
    Does anybody know what the 4p bonus is if you spec into SnD?

Also, the 2p bonus will make wrists useless, I think.

Haste/Mastery all day, every day

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuji View Post
    You can just use Slice and Dice like I've been since Nighthold
    Yeah. I am leveling another rogue while playing with my friend that I recruited. I will play outlaw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    From my perspective, the loss of T20 4p (consistant) for T21 4p (RNG) is not the way to "make outlaw great again"
    But outlaw definitely needs a boost of some sort. Wish you will not be disappointed my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post

I'm confident that we'll also see damage buff when Antorus is release !
    After this news i decided to set aside Subtlety and come back with Outlaw !

Here is my plan for Antorus :

Talents :
    RtB build
    I don't like SnD that much

Gear :
    Golganneth's Vitality 940 (Argus trinket to replace my Specter of Betrayal 930)
    Seeping Scourgewing 945+ (Varimathras trinket to replace my Convergence of Fates 890)
    I will go for 4p T21
    I will avoid : Chest and Head because of their stats (too much mastery)

Relics best choices :
    Blood : Garothi Worldbreaker / Antoran High Command / Varimathras
    Iron : Antoran High Command / Portal Keeper Hasabel / Argus
    Storm : Felhounds of Sargeras / Argus

Legendaries :
    Mantle/Bracers
    Maybe i'll switch to Bracers/Insignia

Shit like this highlights why the AP system being on a per weapon basis is so dumb. Now Outlaw gets buffs and the majority of people who were playing Sub/Sin and want to swap will now have to dump a metric shit ton of AP to get the spec up to any meaningful level. I'm so ready to be done with artifact weapons.
    -Insert witty signature here-