10+ Year Old Account

Shutdown celebration?

Heya moderators (@Chaud)

came to a ponder upon seeing previous shutdown threads, well, shut down. In this case, about HonorBuddy finally losing their war, how come this isn't a permitted subject? Not the talk about botting but the talk about finally something so annoying is gone? Just a curious question.

I hold no problem with moderation but thought the reason discussion might be better news for the forum? Of course, if people start bringing links, names or mention of other services, or their own, then handle those?

Thanks,

Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Heya moderators (@Chaud)

came to a ponder upon seeing previous shutdown threads, well, shut down. In this case, about HonorBuddy finally losing their war, how come this isn't a permitted subject? Not the talk about botting but the talk about finally something so annoying is gone? Just a curious question.

I hold no problem with moderation but thought the reason discussion might be better news for the forum? Of course, if people start bringing links, names or mention of other services, or their own, then handle those?

Thanks,

Gehco
    I'm guessing it is very easy for such a discussion to go into forbidden topics, which is why it's probably better to just not have discussion about it at all rather than having to infract everyone that goes too close to the fire (in this case talking about botting).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm guessing it is very easy for such a discussion to go into forbidden topics, which is why it's probably better to just not have discussion about it at all rather than having to infract everyone that goes too close to the fire (in this case talking about botting).
    From my past knowledge, I do agree but just feel a bit saddened that good news can't spread on this. I was thinking about this as well after I posted. Heh, hard to control a full group of people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

? HonorBuddy? Link to a specific thread, I don't know who you're speaking of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ? HonorBuddy? Link to a specific thread, I don't know who you're speaking of.
    The threads were shutdown due to, well, possible problems of discussing botting.

But the topic is basically, Honorbuddy is finally throwing in the towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess to the mods, any discussion of a botting thing is pretty much a no no, even if it's being shutdown. That's my assumption.

P.S. Glad that Honorbuddy is going away
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    HB is shit anyway ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Site rules are pretty clear about what should not be discussed:

Activities considered illegal by Blizzard Entertainment (botting, hacking, cheating, exploiting,...)

I understand the point but nonetheless it's a discussion about activities considered illegal by Blizzard Entertainment and threads like that are difficult to control.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I guess to the mods, any discussion of a botting thing is pretty much a no no, even if it's being shutdown. That's my assumption.

P.S. Glad that Honorbuddy is going away
    Oh, I know that rule well, helped enforce it but just felt weird that a good thing had to be sweeped away.

P.s. I agree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Site rules are pretty clear about what should not be discussed:

Activities considered illegal by Blizzard Entertainment (botting, hacking, cheating, exploiting,...)

I understand the point but nonetheless it's a discussion about activities considered illegal by Blizzard Entertainment and threads like that are difficult to control.
    That is where I find it a greyzone, my dear. The whole, it is bad but the news are good.. I wanna blow the horns but I don't want to get shackled, haha.

As already explained, this is standard procedure for botting threads regardless of the type of news. It takes no time at all for people to show up asking or sharing alternatives, and it's much easier to ban the discussion as a whole (which we have always done on this site). This is not new or a greyzone.

There's not much else to say, so closing this.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions