Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It doesn’t say they misbehaved off camera, it says there were requests for them to change and they didn’t.

I’ve had games ruined by one trick genjis who were countered by 3 enemies that couldn’t be deflected but sometimes 5 out of 6 players with incomplete knowledge of your personal skill are not the best people to be determining which character you should play and when.

I’ve had matches in Anubis where we could get to point 1 but not lock it down, constantly trying to control it so I switched to attack torb (which I rarely do.), tan the back right top side, dropped turret and locked it down for the score and win. When I switched my team started screaming about attack torb and I said, “Trust me, the problem isn’t getting to the point the problem is locking the area down.” And we won. Had we lost I would of been reported for throwing even though I was trying very much to win and I switched because I felt this tactic would lead to a win. It was the right choice but sometimes the right choice still doesn’t win, is making that choice to go off meta a bannable offends? Sometimes it is the out of the box thinking that wins.
    Another big part of the issue is this leads to bullying and toxicity. Small example: 2 people pick Zen and Lucio. Someone goes: we need Mercy, Zen you should switch. "I can't play Mercy, but I can play Zen or these other damage if someone wants to swap roles." No, we need Mercy, change now. "Why don't you ask this person on Reaper if they can change? They have 100 hours on Mercy." Nah, Reaper is a good pick, change to Mercy or we'll report you for poor teamwork!
    Another example: team with McCree. We need 76, he counters Pharah better! "I'm countering Pharah fine as McCree, she dies every time she's in the open!" Nah, I've died to her twice over the last 5 minutes, 76 counters better, swap before I report you!
    Are these extremes? Maybe, but the bullying and toxicity to force a switch YOU (figurative) want is very likely.
    Blizzard is also playing both sides and punishing people for it. Paraphrasing obviously, but from the recent blue post that was linked:
    We do not count having a main as bad or poor teamwork; however, people should consider their team comp for their choices and build around it. (So, you already have a hypocritical statement there.). Another part is the statement "work around their teams picks." (It makes it seem like Torb is a reportable offense, but doesn't this statement also show that Torb could report his team as well for not supporting his pick and basing the team around it?)
    Blizz is playing both sides with no clear cut boundaries and people (some, not all as trolls exist) are getting caught in the crosshairs from it. Yes, it is a team game, and picking Torb (in these examples) is not a guaranteed loss. On a personal level, I never assume a loss or get mad at people's picks as I've played enough games to see people pull all kinds of shit off. If it's not working, I'll ask if people can swap things up (nicely).

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn’t say they misbehaved off camera, it says there were requests for them to change and they didn’t.

I’ve had games ruined by one trick genjis who were countered by 3 enemies that couldn’t be deflected but sometimes 5 out of 6 players with incomplete knowledge of your personal skill are not the best people to be determining which character you should play and when.

I’ve had matches in Anubis where we could get to point 1 but not lock it down, constantly trying to control it so I switched to attack torb (which I rarely do.), tan the back right top side, dropped turret and locked it down for the score and win. When I switched my team started screaming about attack torb and I said, “Trust me, the problem isn’t getting to the point the problem is locking the area down.” And we won. Had we lost I would of been reported for throwing even though I was trying very much to win and I switched because I felt this tactic would lead to a win. It was the right choice but sometimes the right choice still doesn’t win, is making that choice to go off meta a bannable offends? Sometimes it is the out of the box thinking that wins.
    They were examples of behaviour intended to disrupt competitive play. Not one tricking. Clearly more happened than we know.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are actually not extremes. I've been asked to switch on McCree while having gold elims, dmg, and killing their pharah on the regular. Sad part is that the reason I was asked to switch was because we needed 'hitscan'. Plat is toxic af. I've been having a great season until yesterday. I think Saturdays are more of the problem than anything else. After going 41-26 (61.19%) in the last two weeks for my season high of 2778, just yesterday's games were 7-9 (43.75%) to drop me down to 2630 at one point, luckily endded on a 3 game streak to get over 2700 before I stopped.

But it was a really depressing day to be honest. At least 3 games of the losses were from straight leavers to intentionally make us lose. Like announced in chat, left right after the time window went by to close the match down. It makes no sense. Some of the others were your typical 6 dps team, that when I switch to like Orisa still stayed dps. One match I played roadhog and had literally all the golds, including healing, with a Mercy on our team. No more Saturdays for me.
    BAD WOLF

Still tired of having a fucking Genji in every qp game I play. Ruins the fun -.-

Also: I suspect my 5 year old computer is getting too old. Most of them time the frames around portraits wont load :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Today hasn't been great, but okay, not completely awful as some have been either. But explaining why a Symmetra needs to switch, because a) they didn't get their TP in a timely manner, and b) they were being hard countered by Pharah.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Still tired of having a fucking Genji in every qp game I play. Ruins the fun -.-

Also: I suspect my 5 year old computer is getting too old. Most of them time the frames around portraits wont load :P
    It is QP, it is where people go to play the characters they want to practice, they want to play just for fun or to publicly masterbate.

If you expect people to choose the characters you want on either team you are playing the wrong game.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

It is QP, it is where people go to play the characters they want to practice, they want to play just for fun or to publicly masterbate.

If you expect people to choose the characters you want on either team you are playing the wrong game.
    You always make some dry ass reply and reading things into posts that aren't there.
    What's worse than Genji players winning qp matches in 1 minute? You on this forum.

You always make some dry ass reply and reading things into posts that aren't there.
    What's worse than Genji players winning qp matches in 1 minute? You on this forum.
    If they are winning in one minute the worst thing would be your entire team.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-12 at 08:37 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so it's not just Saturdays it's the whole fucking weekend. Almost fucking gold again because of never ending losing streaks. From ~2800 to gold in like 20 games. Just unbelievable.
    BAD WOLF

Do you mean the portraits displaying the stars of a player (when pressing tab) ? It does seem like a bug. My computer is rather new and I get this from time to time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    As above today was a bit lame, lost a lot but only lost about 100SR which is not a huge net loss - seem back to normal on gains vs losses. Shame was I had 3 draws which went really went well, and were really close but meant nothing. Quite a lot of leavers/DCs as well, two matches should have been comfortable wins with 6v6 as they were really close 5v6; then there was one we probably shouldn't have won, whole team was majorly tilted - in part because I was playing Sombra - but teamed up a nice combo with soldier in OT which grabbed a Team Kill, think that tilted them more and rounds 3 and 4 were pretty comfortable attack and defence wins. Didn't make up for the leavers and couple of throwers, though.

Really don't like premade groups, one first report for Mercy pocketting, then four stacks that lock in 3 DPS and Roadhog, as well as the many many dual DPS two stacks which is prime dick move. Just not going to tank for the four stacks especially, never works because they need to play with me but are too interested in playing with each other. Healing is marginally less bad, but just easier to DPS on someone with a bit of sustain and look after myself; anything extra is a bonus. That's all before we think about the mess they make of MMR with the 1000SR gaps between players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Today hasn't been great, but okay, not completely awful as some have been either. But explaining why a Symmetra needs to switch, because a) they didn't get their TP in a timely manner, and b) they were being hard countered by Pharah.

Looking at people just derping like this, it makes me think about how the community goes on and on about needing role queue but I think most of us know it would be a massive failure. An LFG like there is in wow as Jeff talked about in an interview, I think could be pretty successful. But it still won't address matchmaking issues like this Symmetra in solo Q matchmaking. In my opinion, the system really needs to look at games won, hours played and hero proficiency as well when it comes to matching a group of players together, rewarding players for their flexibility.

A lot of frustration I think is just due to just new players; they have no idea what they are doing or how the game is even played. They play their placement matches and they get mad when things are really tough at the beginning of the match and become really discouraged because they think a good record in placements will place them at their desired rank.

And players like that, they're just not ready to play with veterans who have played & won loads of games in contrast, have observed player behavior patterns & tendencies intently for hours upon hours, know how to play the game's objectives & what heroes are good on certain maps/vs certain heroes/comps at an extremely unfair & disproportionate level.

On top of that a lot of people people won't join voice chat just to avoid unnecessary frustration & harassment, voluntarily refusing the opportunity to glean bits of helpful information and and strategy from experienced players and how best to play around their current predicament, which, even if they did join voice chat it could still be too much for them to process adequately in the midst of an actual match. I mean, most DPS look at enemy barriers and act like shooting them is going to give them a sexually transmitted disease.

There are a lot of simple things like edgelord vs monkey or tank heavy comps is good or telling your Pharah how they can flank from the side on Eichenwalde and start wreaking (usually) uncontested havoc on the backline so the rest of your team can move in out front & overwhelm them while they are distracted. You know, the basic stuff. But when you get into more complicated affairs like taking out a defending cheese comp on hollywood with their bastion perched up on the lift's side panel with an orissa babysitting him while the rest of the team runs wild on you as bastion just keeps demolishing your reinhardt's shield.

You can try to explain that your comp is going to struggle because of it's inability to consistently spam high damage on barriers and how much safer DPS picks like Pharah, Soldier 76, McCree or maybe even a Bastion with the support of shield heroes and mercy boost are just to capture point A and we can switch back to something more comfortable for everyone but they'll end up taking it really personally giving you attitude like "I paid $40 for my copy of the game I can play Junkrat vs a comp that's hard for my damage to reach efficiently if I want to so stfu tosser".

From their point of view all logic goes out the window because they feel like you're just being a prick trying to find a more polite way to tell them they're shit at the game unless you beg and plead with them, which I think is really pathetic. It's more demoralizing and more soul draining to have to actually beg people to get on board with a better strategy than keep staggering into the choke and dying in a game mode focused on winning games. Winning those games should feel rewarding, not stressful.

I don't think you should have to try but so hard to get people to get on board with a winning strategy if they are playing to win, but with the amount of inexperienced players participating in competitive matches, that's just the reality of the matter.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-13 at 01:18 AM.

So with Moira knocking on the door the ptr meta seems to be mercy+Moira and Roadhog, healing all over the place. How would you fill the rest of the team? How would you counter it?

I’m thinking M+M+RH and Reaper, Soldier and Rheinhardt. Deathballing.

Anna counters the heals on opposing team, dva to dive healers? Junkrat damage spam...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Mercy was getting nerfed. Why would people continue to use her like now? Seems like Moira + zen will be the new crazy ass healer/damage duo.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    So with Moira knocking on the door the ptr meta seems to be mercy+Moira and Roadhog, healing all over the place. How would you fill the rest of the team? How would you counter it?

I’m thinking M+M+RH and Reaper, Soldier and Rheinhardt. Deathballing.

Anna counters the heals on opposing team, dva to dive healers? Junkrat damage spam...
    Widow and Pharah to counter. Moira and Hog are limited range.

people are currently predicting moira and ana. with ana's nade, moira will be doing insane amount of healing and a nano'd and naded rein with a moira coalescence, will be pretty much unkillable. people are predicting the triple tank meta to come back with moira and ana as healers
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

It goes as usual. I mostly play tanks or sometimes healer if needed. Mostly end up with a sad team comp.

Almost completley stopped playing comp. If I do play the game, its QP or some arcade stuff. I have tanked or healed for 3 seasons and im never getting out of gold and im tierd of people in this game.

I actually realised few weeks ago that I have changed how I behave in games due to OW. Im way more frutstrated and angry in OW than any other game, and thats not "typical me".

that said, the game and the heroes are awesome. Sadly the comp scene is a mess and makes me.. well yeah

I'm tired of pocketed junkrats acting like prenerf roadhog in every qp game I play. I don't want to play widow or pharah just to counter him. sigh

Deleted
    Absolutely hyped currently for Moira, after some PTR experimentation I feel she's a nice soft counter to Genji, unless he's godlike. Since my tracking and aim is still pretty poor (I'm a massive newbie) he's quite an issue for me to take down as a DPS character unless I'm Reaper and he's slow. And since I see Genjis everywhere, Moira's gonna be my new go-to hero when she releases, I feel.

Other than that, comp is still comp, I'm sat in low gold, struggling to get my SR up (although I'm hovering closer to 2150 now rather than 2000 which is nice), but people are still people, most people on my team sooner blame everyone that isn't them for a poor game while I sit around trying to do work on S76/Junkrat/Reaper, since tanking/healing is so thankless I've found being more stubborn about playing DPS has been helpful, only jumping onto another role is it's really going badly.

I noticed how many players have bad map awarness and have a really bad "tunnel vision"
    sometimes I can counter enemy player because I slowly learn where they will run to and knock them out but often enemies notice that and they focus me everytime they see me -.-